Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

loobylou wrote: »
    The problem as I understand it, is that City's transfer spending under FPP has been capped. Without selling players we only have an allowed budget of £10m in the January window. £10m doesn't buy a whole lot of striker. especially in January.

We can probably spend the money we will get for Negredo early, I presume as long as it all adds up by the end of the season it's ok to spend in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Don't worry ihenacho is the answer, he looked unreal in pre season and the clips I seen of him, once he gets his work permit we have a very special talent on our hand.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Don't worry ihenacho is the answer, he looked unreal in pre season and the clips I seen of him, once he gets his work permit we have a very special talent on our hand.

Have to agree, he looks the real deal. Would love if we could recall him, he's probably more of a goalscorer than Pozo right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

groundhog day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Its getting a bit boring at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

There not unbeatable,Bayern and Real are far worse and we beat Bayern.
    City are 12/5 to beat them at home that's quite high and will be having a flutter on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Not unbeatable and are dependent on Messi imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Yeah your right barca have a shaky defence imo.
    Midfielders are getting old and tired.
    Only threat is the attack, messi suarez and neymar.
    Oh my !!!

Yeah your right barca have a shaky defence imo.
    Midfielders are getting old and tired.
    Only threat is the attack, messi suarez and neymar.
    Oh my !!!

Vs Aguero (hopefully) Yaya and Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

TheNap wrote: »
    Not unbeatable and are dependent on Messi imo
    ...and Messi will possibly be playing for us soon enough ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Remeber the stick Mancini got when he brandished an imaginary card during a game? He got slaughtered in the press for that, and rightly so. I wait to see if Mourinho will get the same treatment.

Will Pozo feature tomorrow or will he push one of the mids up front.If it was me I would put silva in the position.
    Anyone have any info/thoughts on this!?

Will Pozo feature tomorrow or will he push one of the mids up front.If it was me I would put silva in the position.
    Anyone have any info/thoughts on this!?
    Merlin's a bit lightweight to be stuck up front, plus he's only on his way back from injury. They were talking about Jimbo being a "possibility", but I'd go for Yaya to lead the line. Nasri and Merlin on the flanks, with instructions to get up and support Yaya whenever possible. Jimbo and Fernando in central midfield patrolling in front of the back four (with Milner also getting forward when appropriate) of Zab, Mangala, MDM and Clichy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Who needs Aguero when you have Merlin:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Perfect goal for Palace ruled out.

Just back from battling the traffic and the locals in Castlebar. Excellent result; not bad for a one man team, and with no fit striker available.Pity we couldn't get the fourth goal to go top, even if temporarily.

some of our play was stunning today

3-0 with no strikers cant ask for more than that

some of our play was stunning today

3-0 with no strikers cant ask for more than that
    I believe some of the passing and general movement (on and off the ball) was excellent today. Granted, the opposition weren't Barcelona, but you can only play against what's put in front of you. And we do sometimes struggle against the so-called "lesser'' teams (no offence meant, Palace fans). Look at the game against Stoke earlier this season. Hopefully Jovetic may be available for the game at the Hawthorns on boxing day.

blueser wrote: »
    I believe some of the passing and general movement (on and off the ball) was excellent today. Granted, the opposition weren't Barcelona, but you can only play against what's put in front of you. And we do sometimes struggle against the so-called "lesser'' teams (no offence meant, Palace fans). Look at the game against Stoke earlier this season. Hopefully Jovetic may be available for the game at the Hawthorns on boxing day.

I see on fantasy football pozo is now a doubt !

I see on fantasy football pozo is now a doubt !
    Doubt he'd have got any nearer than the bench anyway. He isn't ready yet for the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Happy Christmas lads and a happy new year! Let's make it another winning year :)

Py5d0ja.png

2-0 up already, happy days.

Oh Merlin Merlin Merlin

Strikers; who the fcuk needs 'em!

:D

A very professional performance by the team today, playing with no strikers and in appalling conditions. Pity about the JH clanger near the end, but hey ho; you can't have everything. 42 points now; we should b safe for another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Where's Milner playing and how's he playing? Likely to start next game?

I'm tempted to captain him in ff.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Jovetic could be back for the Burnley game and if he is there's a chance Milner will be rested. Silva or Yaya are the safer options imo if you are captaining a Man City player.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Your mad to captain him,Ive silva and yaya and cap on silva and vc on yaya,worked well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Think I was still drunk but I put Milner in my team, although extremely stupid I'm going to stick with Milner captain.

TEAM NEWS @MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Milner #cityvburnley

SUBS NEWS @MCFC: Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Clichy, Sinclair, Lampard, Jovetic #cityvburnley

Big games needed from Mangala, Demi and of course Silva to carry the attack. Hoping Jove can get a run if the game is killed off in good time.

Did Yaya pick up a knock? Southampton playing really well against Chelsea atm, 1-0 up.

Did Yaya pick up a knock? Southampton playing really well against Chelsea atm, 1-0 up.

Yaya rested according to MCFC twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So the star player will be missing for the launch of the new MLS franchise. A little odd, no?

• Advertisement

Team vs. Sunderland

Caballero, Zabaleta, Mangala, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Jovetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Hart dropped? Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

loobylou wrote: »
    Hart dropped? Strange one.

Officially rested. Manuel has said if Willy is going to play it will be for 2 games in a row so with him likely to start in the FA Cup too it makes sense to start him today. Hope it doesn't backfire though!

Jovetic not really a sole striker either but its better than nothing. Need a win here to put the pressure on Chelsea later this evening.

A big welcome back to Costel and Roddie as well today. Always liked the lads, especially Costel.

Frustrating seeing about 8 at the back. Patient buildup so far. Keeping the ball very well.

• Advertisement

Great save and his first touch of the ball after 40 minutes

so frustrating watching this

This is going to be a long day at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

That was boring.

Gonna need a Yaya Capitol Cup like goal to open this up. Sunderland are the epitome of negativity.

great goal:)

Yaya scores so many screamers

And there is it. What a hit Yaya!

Lovely goal, satisfying to see

Oh Jojo what a finish

cheeky finish