Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Typical after we go 2 up...it always happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Two cracking finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:mad:

Disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

"Go easy on me today" says Poyet to Lampard I'm sure. ðŸ˜႒

Jojo off and we need a goal...aww our luck is always out

Frank Lampard I love you...get in

And again, we go to pieces when we should be killing the game off.

*edit* GET IN FRANK!

what a fcuking player:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Good on ya Frank

another couple and i will relax

another couple and i will relax

Bit early in the day to be drinking ;)

I think Frank could well be in with a shout as starting striker :P Getting in great positions and very unlucky not to have scored another goal or two!

Pants having a stormer on his return to the Etihad.

Damn him!

Finishing letting us down...we could have about 4/5 more goals regardless of Costel having a belter

• Advertisement

That'll do! One of the best 45 mins of football I've seen all year....ugh I mean season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I think Milner should improve on his finishing.
    It is not just this game but in most of them hes a well round good player. Always contributing,assists etc. But if he just inproves on his finishing he would be even better and more goals would be coming our way.
    A well deserved win.
    What did ye guys think of Cabarello, better then Pants ?

come on you Spurs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Spectacular collapse by Chelsea:pac:

We're on top if it stays at 4-2 right? It's gas the amount of Chelsea fans who were celebrating winning the title in October.

• Advertisement

5-2:D

Above all else it makes up for our official induced slip up against Burnley. The game in February is gonna be massive. Full team for that please (including Yaya :))

Above all else it makes up for our official induced slip up against Burnley. The game in February is gonna be massive. Full team for that please (including Yaya :))
    Not really, actually. If anything, the Chelsea result tonight just makes the fcukup against Burnley all the more annoying.No offence to any Burnley fans (your team were well worth their point), but we shouldn't be chucking away a two goal lead in the second half against a team in the bottom two of the PL. Those are the sorts of slip-ups that can cost titles.

• We're on top if it stays at 4-2 right? It's gas the amount of Chelsea fans who were celebrating winning the title in October.

Damn you guys, all the results went your way today. I Will be haunted if City win back to back titles.
    But still the Jose meltdown is comical as always :pac:

blueser wrote: »
    Not really, actually. If anything, the Chelsea result tonight just makes the fcukup against Burnley all the more annoying.No offence to any Burnley fans (your team were well worth their point), but we shouldn't be chucking away a two goal lead in the second half against a team in the bottom two of the PL. Those are the sorts of slip-ups that can cost titles.

Yeah for sure but at least we're level now and not three points behind. Small victories and all that :)

Yeah for sure but at least we're level now and not three points behind. Small victories and all that :)
    True. And we were at one point 8 (I think) points behind them and the media had more or less crowned them as champions. A bit like Liverpool last season.

True. And we were at one point 8 (I think) points behind them and the media had more or less crowned them as champions. A bit like Liverpool last season.

Maybe I misheard but didn't Paddy Power pay out on Chelsea to win the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Will Yaya be back for the Chelsea game? Even if Ivory Coast go all the way in the AFCON?

Will Yaya be back for the Chelsea game? Even if Ivory Coast go all the way in the AFCON?

I think I heard yesterday that the Ivory Coast cannot get further than the quarter finals or else he'll miss the Chelsea game.

XI vs. Sheffield Wednesday

Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure, Milner, Navas, Lampard, Jovetic

Weak back four, hope there's no shocks.

• Advertisement

Praying for no injuries.

Typical eh? :rolleyes:

could be one of those days

Not that many of the City players have covered themselves in glory but Kolarov looks very rusty so far

It wouldn't be City unless they made it as difficult as possible for themselves...cmon lads push on for the winner

Milner ya beauty

Heart attack stuff fair play to Wednesday really gave us a game

These last minute winners that seem to be our trademark are not good for the heart at all.

Never in doubt!

HomerSuspicious.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Stupidly told my dad i hope we only lose 2-1 after the last game, cant remember that score :(
    Gutted but proud of everything about Wednesday - team and fans, never gave up.

Wish we had David Silva on our bench instead of Chris Macguire. He made the difference.

Good luck City, i'd rather youse do better than most of the others. Just not today.

Stupidly told my dad i hope we only lose 2-1 after the last game, cant remember that score :(
    Gutted but proud of everything about Wednesday - team and fans, never gave up.

Wish we had Da Silva on our bench instead of Chris Macguire. He made the difference.

Good luck City, i'd rather youse do better than most of the others. Just not today.
    Cheers for the kind words bud; didn't see the game, but you defended well, by all accounts. Silva is a genius, hence our "Merlin" nickname for him. Good luck for the rest of the season (late push for the playoffs?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Cheers for the kind words bud; didn't see the game, but you defended well, by all accounts. Silva is a genius, hence our "Merlin" nickname for him. Good luck for the rest of the season (late push for the playoffs?).
    Always found him to be a genuinely good player no match for the level of our creativity. We usually have a few missed chances and luckily the first one went in. Atdhe Nuhiu or 'Big Dave' as we call him had a good game for a change.

We have had a decent xmas period but i doubt we are strong enough to rely on our defence to keep it up to get in Top 6. Couple of loanees have just gone back and we've no money to spend on quality.
    One day maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Manchester City are in advanced talks with Swansea City over signing Wilfried Bony

;);););)

Stephanie Roche to join city women?

What you make of Bony? Definitely need another striker but I wonder will he be as effective when he is not getting a regular run of games. Also he is off to AFCON so by the time he is back he could be 3rd/4th choice!

• Advertisement

What you make of Bony? Definitely need another striker but I wonder will he be as effective when he is not getting a regular run of games. Also he is off to AFCON so by the time he is back he could be 3rd/4th choice!

I don't want him tbh. Would prefer Iheanacho to get his chance, I think he is back at the club now after his loan.

I don't want him tbh. Would prefer Iheanacho to get his chance, I think he is back at the club now after his loan.

Thing is we are getting about 25 mill for Negredo come the end of the season so its replacing him with a guy who is 3 years older (and proven in the premiership).

At the same time its a lot of money for someone who won't be first choice.

I'm happy enough with Bony, we do need another striker and he's an excellent player. I'm sure he's coming in knowing he'll probably never take Aguero's position, and he'll have to prove himself to be playing ahead of Dzeko or Jojo. We might even make money on him if we decide to let him go in 2 years.

Thing is we are getting about 25 mill for Negredo come the end of the season so its replacing him with a guy who is 3 years older (and proven in the premiership).

At the same time its a lot of money for someone who won't be first choice.

I just don't rate Bony as highly as others I guess. I would put him in the Jermain Defoe type of player as in he needs four or five clear cut chances before he scores most of the time. I would rather Iheanacho get his chance and spend the money elsewhere like on a goalkeeper perhaps.

I just don't rate Bony as highly as others I guess. I would put him in the Jermain Defoe type of player as in he needs four or five clear cut chances before he scores most of the time. I would rather Iheanacho get his chance and spend the money elsewhere like on a goalkeeper perhaps.

He's definitely better than Defoe, you just never know though how a player will cope coming from a smaller club with less attention where he is playing week in week out to a huge club where everything will be analysed a lot more and he won't be getting a regular run of games. He is coming into his peak now though so could well be a smart buy (albiet overpriced in my opinion, but thats what happens when you buy within the Premier League).

Its ridiculous that we constantly find ourselves having a striker crisis season after season, if you look around at other clubs they all have 3 main strikers normally and never run out of available strikers.

Having said that my main frustration is he won't be available for the entirety of January, when we need him most.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement