Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Its ridiculous that we constantly find ourselves having a striker crisis season after season, if you look around at other clubs they all have 3 main strikers normally and never run out of available strikers.

Man Utd and Arsenal are two teams that spring to mind as having striker troubles in recent times.

Though the problem isnt always strikers availability, as a dependence on one striker:
    City - SA
    Utd - RVP
    Liverpool - SAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

folan wrote: »
    Man Utd and Arsenal are two teams that spring to mind as having striker troubles in recent times.

Though the problem isnt always strikers availability, as a dependence on one striker:
    City - SA
    Utd - RVP
    Liverpool - SAS

United/Arsenal have had injuries yes, but don't remember them fielding a midfielder up front for 4/5 games. They always have at least one available.

United/Arsenal have had injuries yes, but don't remember them fielding a midfielder up front for 4/5 games. They always have at least one available.

well, the goal scoring record since December has been good enough to justify any tactics, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Having said that my main frustration is he won't be available for the entirety of January, when we need him most.

That's the thing. By the time he's back from the ACON, Kun and Dzeko should be fit. If he wasn't going to the ACON I think the transfer would make more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Would of preferred Benteke

TheNap wrote: »
    Would of preferred Benteke

why? because of the ACON?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I would prefer a guy like Vietto tbh. Could get him at the same price and is gonna develop into a terrific player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I'm not sure whether Bony is the right player for us, at 30m I would've preferred to keep Negredo or look elsewhere.
    I hope he proves me wrong.

theballz wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether Bony is the right player for us, at 30m I would've preferred to keep Negredo or look elsewhere.

the Beast probably wouldn't have stayed, wasn't the reason for his moving back to Spain based around his family?

30m for a scoring striker isn't too bad. Adebayer was bought for similar.

the Beast probably wouldn't have stayed, wasn't the reason for his moving back to Spain based around his family?

30m for a scoring striker isn't too bad. Adebayer was bought for similar.

Yeah seemingly he was homesick and his wife wanted to go home, it's all hearsay though.
    If that was the case you couldn't really argue against his move to Valencia and I think we done well out of that too.

I just think there is better players out there for in and around the same price e.g. Cavani = €40m, Vela = €35m or Higuain = €35m?

• Advertisement

none of whom are proven in the EPL, that particular tag adds a lot to a players value.

im not disagreeing per say on the value side, but i think he would be a good signing for city.

On related news, Liverpool apparently looking for Milner. Imo, its madness that he hasnt been signed up to a longer contract.

none of whom are proven in the EPL, that particular tag adds a lot to a players value.

im not disagreeing per say on the value side, but i think he would be a good signing for city.

That is true, but all three are world class and have proven that on a very high level.
    On related news, Liverpool apparently looking for Milner. Imo, its madness that he hasnt been signed up to a longer contract.

I hope he is holding out for a big wage, he has certainly proven his worth over the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Heading to the game on Saturday.

Hopefully 3 points

Would be great to be within touching distance by the start of February when we have our full squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

theballz wrote: »
    Not sure why blues keep harking back to Negredo. He doesn't like Manchester (fool!), his family didn't settle in it, he doesn't want to play for us any more and he will complete a permanent move in the summer. Forget about the Beast, he's gone and isn't coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Apparently Aguero wants Messi to come to City.

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/sergio-aguero-drops-a-big-hint-to-lionel-messi-on-social-media

Will never happen due to the cost, but would love to see it happen (And I'm a united fan!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

City could afford it,wont happen tho.

Any word when Aguero is back ?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/lionel-messi/club-after-summer-transfer-window

City at 12s is decent,I think he has a better chance of going there than chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Any word when Aguero is back ?

Back in full training according to City website.

possibly back for Arsenal.

Which is good for City since (all things going well) he will be available for Chelsea, probably the biggest of the next few matches.

• Advertisement

Aguero, Dzeko and Kompany all named in the squad for Everton. Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

we may have Bony by next week ;)

Hitchens wrote: »
    we may have Bony by next week ;)

Technically not as he is off to AFCON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Team vs. Everton

Hart, Zaba, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Jovetic

No Kompany or Aguero in the XI, probably best not to risk them against an Everton team having a fairly poor season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Draw was probably a fair result in the end. Everton were really up for it.

Draw was probably a fair result in the end. Everton were really up for it.
    Taken in isolation, that isn't too bad a point today. Goodison is one of our bogey grounds but, having taken the lead, it is disappointing not to see the game out. Bad mistake by Joe, it was a soft goal to concede. If the opposition nab a world class goal, then you have to hold your hands up and say "fair enough", but to gift them a goal is annoying. Anyway, it was good to see Kun get a few minutes of a run out; hopefully, he'll be back up to speed for the Chelsea game, which it looks like we might have to win (to put pressure on Jose's mob). I'd keep him on the bench for the Arsenal game next weekend.

• Advertisement

I really hope Dortmund hang onto Reus until the summer so we can make a bid. He'd fit in the team perfect. Nasri is a great player but Reus can play through the centre as well as on either wing and is world class. He would be wasted at Madrid and Chelsea if Hazard is kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Did Aguero look anywhere near fit today or is he still a good bit away ?

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Looked a bit rusty with his touch, only had one half chance. He was running around freely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I didnt think he wasnt far off but youd have to manage him just incase.

He'll be grand for our game as weve got 2 semi final games to play and city will be considerably more rested in comparison so he should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Swansea City have agreed a £28m fee to sell striker Wilfried Bony to Premier League champions Manchester City.

The two clubs hope to conclude the deal in the next 48 hours.
    City expect personal terms and a medical to be hitch-free, despite Bony being on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Ivory Coast for at least the next three weeks.

The deal is £25m cash upfront with a further £3m in performance-related add-ons.

G'wan, Wilfie :)

• Advertisement

Nastasic is gone to Schalke on loan for the rest of the season, hope he gets a better run over there.

Nastasic is gone to Schalke on loan for the rest of the season, hope he gets a better run over there.
    Good luck to Nasty on his move to the Bundesliga. I hope it works out well for him. Just a pity he never pushed on from a promising start to his career with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

How in the world did David Luiz make it ahead of Kompany. Especially after the world cup.

How in the world did David Luiz make it ahead of Kompany. Especially after the world cup.
    It's staggering. As long as I have a hole in my a***, Luiz will NEVER be a world class defender.

blueser wrote: »
    It's staggering. As long as I have a hole in my a***, Luiz will NEVER be a world class defender.

graphic. thanks for that

Read a rumour linking Dzeko with a loan move to Stoke :pac::pac::pac:

Read a rumour linking Dzeko with a loan move to Stoke :pac::pac::pac:

would be madness, hope it is just a rumour.

Bony 2015 is confirmed.

10915289_10155158471375455_133767421150628772_n.jpg?oh=547527c4b1bc32a0b98cf356183cd7d0&oe=552B044F&__gda__=1428651045_d1ce9299516cbfe8115390fb1d33bb63

Bony 2015 is confirmed.

10915289_10155158471375455_133767421150628772_n.jpg?oh=547527c4b1bc32a0b98cf356183cd7d0&oe=552B044F&__gda__=1428651045_d1ce9299516cbfe8115390fb1d33bb63

The more I think about the more I like it.

Looks like Swansea are getting their own back on us today for nabbing Bony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the Tarquins tomorrow?

what do we think?

the Tarquins tomorrow?

what do we think?
    Two shaky defences; it'll be who's the less shaky on the day. I'm horribly biased, but I'll go for 3-1 to City.

That could be wrong though!

Hope we just play one up front tomorrow, don't think Aguero and Jovetic together is a good partnership.

Missing Nasri and Yaya tomorrow

Hope we just play one up front tomorrow, don't think Aguero and Jovetic together is a good partnership.

Missing Nasri and Yaya tomorrow

What happened Nasri?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Anyone know bony has winfried on the jersey? He always had bony before. Or is it just for the publicity photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Lads Arsenal are the one team that ye always beat. 3-1 isn't biased. Anything less than that would be a good Arsenal performance.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a +4 margin of victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Lads Arsenal are the one team that ye always beat. 3-1 isn't biased. Anything less than that would be a good Arsenal performance.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a +4 margin of victory.

Last ten league games between the two teams.
    2014/2015 Sat 13 Sep Arsenal 2 - 2 Man. City
    2013/2014 Sat 29 Mar Arsenal 1 - 1 Man. City
    Sat 14 Dec Man. City 6 - 3 Arsenal
    2012/2013 Sun 13 Jan Arsenal 0 - 2 Man. City
    Sun 23 Sep Man. City 1 - 1 Arsenal
    2011/2012 Sun 08 Apr Arsenal 1 - 0 Man. City
    Sun 18 Dec Man. City 1 - 0 Arsenal
    2010/2011 Wed 05 Jan Arsenal 0 - 0 Man. City
    Sun 24 Oct Man. City 0 - 3 Arsenal
    2009/2010 Sat 24 Apr Arsenal 0 - 0 Man. City

So that's 3 Man City wins, 2 Arsenal wins and 5 draws. Man City always win between the two teams lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Does anyone know whens coverage on sky sports, I looked it up and it says half 3, 30 mins before kick off ?!?!
    Only 30 minutes of coverage for this big match ?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know whens coverage on sky sports, I looked it up and it says half 3, 30 mins before kick off ?!?!
    Only 30 minutes of coverage for this big match ?
    Probably about right, that. They'll switch over to our game when the WHU/Hull game is finished. That kicks off at 13:30, so 90 minutes, plus 15 minutes HT, plus up to 7 or 8 minutes additional time over the two halves. It won't be far off half past three. That's what happens when you have double headers on sunday. Looking at it another way, the first game gets precious little post game guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement