Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Does anyone know whens coverage on sky sports, I looked it up and it says half 3, 30 mins before kick off ?!?!
    Only 30 minutes of coverage for this big match ?

Thats always the case. Sure theres a game at 1.30 and city coverage starts after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats always the case. Sure theres a game at 1.30 and city coverage starts after that.
    It is a pity; the City/Arsenal game warrants more pre match coverage than it'll get. But I suppose it's a case of "he who pays the piper calls the tune". Sky are paying big money for the live rights so I guess they want to get "value for money". In fairness, I imagine the Hull and WHU fans will say that they miss out on decent post-match coverage of their game. Maybe the answer would be to have an extra half an hour between the games, the first one kicking off 15 minutes earlier, and the second one 15 minutes later?

Personally i hate the build up around big games.

Sky do it brilliantly but its all hype and bluster. I prefer the post match analysis myself and id be more inclined to watch that.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Personally i hate the build up around big games.

Sky do it brilliantly but its all hype and bluster. I prefer the post match analysis myself and id be more inclined to watch that.
    Plenty about Arsenal on there just now. Odd, but I thought there were two sides playing at our place today.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I never really watch pre or post match analysis, but I'd probably be more inclined to watch the pre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

blueser wrote: »
    Plenty about Arsenal on there just now. Odd, but I thought there were two sides playing at our place today.

They haven't yet figured out the cliches they can roll out about City.

Big challenge to the average pundit to actually analyse stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

blueser wrote: »

It's Thierry Henry day at Sky!

gosplan wrote: »
    They haven't yet figured out the cliches they can roll out about City.

Big challenge to the average pundit to actually analyse stuff.
    Only a matter of time before the money one is wheeled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

David Silva marked out of the game, Kun not getting any chances. We miss Yaya out there. Hope Pellegrini brings on Dzeko soon.

On the bright side, always enjoy watching Sanchez play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

plenty of time left we will keep going like we always do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone know where I can watch the full match, I missed the whole fing game. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Amazing how important Yaya really is, mainly because the other CMs are horrendous with the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Heard some stat that its over a year that we have won without Yaya? Pretty damning stuff. Nasri a big miss as well though, there was a huge onus on Silva to be the creator and they did a great job on him.

First half was the worst performance by City in years in my opinion. Really granting the momentum back to Chelsea now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Jovetic and Dzeko on the score sheet in the friendly against Hamburg.

Anyone else expecting a boring game at Chelsea?

Jovetic and Dzeko on the score sheet in the friendly against Hamburg.

Anyone else expecting a boring game at Chelsea?

Hopefully not, I'm off over to it :o

XI vs. Middlesbrough

Caballero, Zaba, Boyata, Kompany, Kolarov, Milner, Fernando, Navas, Silva, Jovetic, Aguero

As usual, main thing is no more injuries please.

that would have been a beautiful goal

shocking defending again & again:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Boro should be out of sight here, what a tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Sin é

• Advertisement

we were appalling deserved nothing from that excuse of a performance

Could be a blessing in disguise tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Pallegrini sacked ?
    To be honest, I blame entirely this game to Pallegrini, should had left on Hart and a decent defender(Boyota did good but Mangala or Demi could have performed better and caused much more threat).
    At Least Chelsea are out aswell, so it is not all bad day is it ?

Absolutely disgraceful performance. It looked like the players couldn't be arsed, which is a damning indictment. Fair do's to Middlesbrough though; they fully deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can I ask why City were in Abu Dhabi 3 days before a competitive game? Isn't that a bit much? You played a big game against Arsenal on the 18th, then a friendly in the Middle East on the 21st in 26C weather, then back to Manchester for another game on the 24th. I thought we were playing them because they had the weekend off.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Can I ask why City were in Abu Dhabi 3 days before a competitive game? Isn't that a bit much? You played a big game against Arsenal on the 18th, then a friendly in the Middle East on the 21st in 26C weather, then back to Manchester for another game on the 24th. I thought we were playing them because they had the weekend off.

Sponsorship commitments I imagine. The Sheikhs and Etihad and the rest give us quite a chunk of change, they pay the piper.

Here's hoping for a bad Ivory Coast result and we could have Toure/Bony for Saturday.

Diego Costa charged with violent conduct. With Toure out, that gives us a level playing field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Diego Costa charged with violent conduct. With Toure out, that gives us a level playing field.

itll be tit for tat. Chelsea are rightly on top of the PL, they have had some very fine performances without Costa, and have enough power in their midfield to get past us. With or without Costa, the game will be won in the midfield, and without Toure, I cant see us winning that battle.

This is a loss to me unless Fernandinho, Fernando and Lamps were to start in the middle.

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »
    itll be tit for tat. Chelsea are rightly on top of the PL, they have had some very fine performances without Costa, and have enough power in their midfield to get past us. With or without Costa, the game will be won in the midfield, and without Toure, I cant see us winning that battle.

This is a loss to me unless Fernandinho, Fernando and Lamps were to start in the middle.

You realise cesc might be out injured?I am allot more optimistic, full team bar yaya they had a full week to prepare for the game Chelsea had a high paced 2 hour game and could be without 2 of there best players.
    If we don't get a point from the game then we don't deserve the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

I have to say ill be delighted if Costa is banned but i think its a little harsh having watched it i don't think there is enough there (unless there is some footage i haven't seen) to prove the stamp was intentional.

anyway I agree with the previous poster about the mid field need to be rock solid there with both Fernando and Fernandhinio playing stormers.

not sure how that will work as we would be stunted in attack with those two in a 4-4-2 may be a 4-3-3

any suggestions what pelli will do?

You realise cesc might be out injured?

yes, might. but even if he is, I also dont believe that he is the be all and end all of their midfield. we are also playing them in SB. they will have 3 days to rest, often more than they would get when playing in Europe, and a team at their (and our) level should not be using that as an excuse.

It will be tight, and unless we can get our own midfield right (which we rarely can anyway without Toure) i cant see us getting 3 points

folan wrote: »
    yes, might. but even if he is, I also dont believe that he is the be all and end all of their midfield. we are also playing them in SB. they will have 3 days to rest, often more than they would get when playing in Europe, and a team at their (and our) level should not be using that as an excuse.

It will be tight, and unless we can get our own midfield right (which we rarely can anyway without Toure) i cant see us getting 3 points

Sounds like your making excuses already.Cesc is a major loss to there team as well as costa will be.
    I agree it's going to a tight game but with the points I mentioned I think it gives us a slight edge , which might be just enough to get something from the game.

Sounds like your making excuses already.Cesc is a major loss to there team as well as costa will be.
    I agree it's going to a tight game but with the points I mentioned I think it gives us a slight edge , which might be just enough to get something from the game.

there will be no excuse. as a team, City should be able to handle not having Yaya. But that really does not seem to be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

A bit better from Kompany, hopefully returning to form after injury. Aguero looked sharper and pleased to see improvement from Sagna and Fernando. Defense has been shaky lately it was nice of Mou to show little ambition and not put them under too much pressure.

• Advertisement

I know Chelsea only had to draw really but their lack of ambition in the second half was embarrassing. Joe Hart was a spectator and had nothing to do all game bar pick it out of his net.

No one better than getting exactly the right result needed than Jose though.

Slightly encouraged all the same, before the match thought Chelsea would win league regardless but we showed real heart today so there's hope yet.

Think Chelsea will be happier with that result. Thought we were the better team and Aguero should have scored in the first half.

Anyone else fed up with Navas? He can't cross very well, he can't shoot, all he has is pace really. I would like to see Zabaleta in the right wing role at some point with Sagna at full back.

I like Navas, I think he has played well this season, some games he has been our biggest threat, he is just not as consistent as he was at Sevilla. Personally I would love if we forked out big for Lucas Moura and Reus to sort out both wings.

Think Chelsea will be happier with that result. Thought we were the better team and Aguero should have scored in the first half.

Anyone else fed up with Navas? He can't cross very well, he can't shoot, all he has is pace really. I would like to see Zabaleta in the right wing role at some point with Sagna at full back.

He was much improved on Saturday, the previous two games he was shocking but he was instrumental in the goal and put in several great deliveries. With no target man though it can be hard for him. Thought he displayed real heart on Saturday after copping a lot of flack the past few weeks.

Jovetic has been left out of the champions league squad, Bony takes his place.

• Advertisement

Jovetic has been left out of the champions league squad, Bony takes his place.

Any link for that.

It makes sense to me.

He could be on the way out in the summer so, not many players would be happy about that. Especially replaced by someone who is yet to play a game for the club.

Does make sense though.

Bony will get injured now of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great strike from Milner

Throwing away the title with games like that...should have won again but still not good enough.

pDFFIJ8.png

Says it all, really. Granted, he didn't actually play in Rome as he was suspended, but presumably he would have been in the changing room, so his influence would have been there.

Always find it funny when United score in last minute and get praised for their character and attitude, even after playing ****e. Whereas we do it and get criticized for being behind in the first place (again of course after playing ****e).

As for the game yesterday surely the worst result of the season? Losing to Stoke was one thing, even drawing with Burnley as they are battlers but Hull are absolutely woeful and we looked so bad nearly all game. Never thought we would win the league with the 5 point gap even, but its definitely gone now. Thing is Chelsea would never have a result like that yesterday, and City are always good for one these days. Chelsea may slip once, maybe even twice, but we will slip again a few times.

New blood badly needed in the squad, real feeling of this cycle of players coming to an end with their age. Most of the spine is close to or over 30. Where is the crop of 25ish players that we can count on to be the spine of tomorrow? All of a sudden it actually feels like we could be in transition strange as it sounds.

We always get criticised and normally about money and mercenaries. Falcao and Di Maria are as bad if not worse than anyone we have signed but they don't seem to get the same grief.

Chelsea will probably win the league, but not really due to their brilliance but more because of everyone else being useless or imploding - a bit like 2012/13.

I think it is too early to panic about the squad, though some are obviously not doing as well as they should. We will have Lopes and Denayer ready either next year or the one after if we decide another year away is more benificial, after that we should have steady stream coming through. We need left sided midfielder and better cover for Yaya in the summer as Fernando is limited in the job he can do - being part of a 2 man midfield doesn't suit him.

Always find it funny when United score in last minute and get praised for their character and attitude, even after playing ****e. Whereas we do it and get criticized for being behind in the first place (again of course after playing ****e).

As for the game yesterday surely the worst result of the season? Losing to Stoke was one thing, even drawing with Burnley as they are battlers but Hull are absolutely woeful and we looked so bad nearly all game. Never thought we would win the league with the 5 point gap even, but its definitely gone now. Thing is Chelsea would never have a result like that yesterday, and City are always good for one these days. Chelsea may slip once, maybe even twice, but we will slip again a few times.

New blood badly needed in the squad, real feeling of this cycle of players coming to an end with their age. Most of the spine is close to or over 30. Where is the crop of 25ish players that we can count on to be the spine of tomorrow? All of a sudden it actually feels like we could be in transition strange as it sounds.
    You're forgetting something; the media love United. Also, like it or not, they are box office (God knows why any more, they're not an attractive side to watch but hey ho) and the media don't want to alienate a large portion of their viewing/listening/reading audience by daring to criticize them. It ain't rocket science.

Here is what Fulham fan said about Fofana - so maybe he can make the step up too.

Having just reviewed the full 90 minutes, I have to say that I find it ludicrous to suggest that Fofana should not be in the line-up. This is a top whack talent in the making: in a few years time we will be saying, 'Wow, remember when this guy played for us as a kid?' Sure he makes mistakes. One reason is that he's still learning, but the other is that he sees so much of the play and he's not afraid to try and make things happen. He's confident, strong, quite quick and is effective at both ends of the pitch. Sure he overdoes the step-overs occasionally and sometimes runs out of ideas, but, in many ways, he was our most impressive player yesterday.
    I have admired Pat Roberts since he was 14, thought him the best English footballer of his age I had seen, still think he will make a top player. But if Manchester City offered a straight-up swap between him and Seko Fofana I'd have to think long and haed about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement