Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ya gotta feel Pelle's days are numbered like a calender...

the whole thing is completly stale and that comes back to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Woeful (non) performance. If a side loses having at least given it a good go, then fair enough. But to wave the white flag like we did in that second half is simply not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

No positives to take at all from yesterday, most of the team were poor. Awful in defense, we really struggle when teams press us. Zabaleta and Aguero played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Pellogrini needs to go, losing to a poor side like Liverpool is not on, thew whole thing is gone stale under him and the European campaigns are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Who to replace him with though, that would realistically be available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Who to replace him with though, that would realistically be available?

I'd be confident in getting Klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Too early to sack him anyways, wait until the 1 year anniversary of when he won the PL than sack him for holistic purposes :pac:

I'd be confident in getting Klopp

I don't think Klopp fits Begiristain or Sorriano's vision or philosophy for the club. I could see Guardiola there in a couple of seasons when he finishes up with Bayern though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think Klopp fits Begiristain or Sorriano's vision or philosophy for the club. I could see Guardiola there in a couple of seasons when he finishes up with Bayern though.

I think City and Dortmund are very similar teams actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If ye get Ancelotti or Simeone in the summer I'd be scared of City in the league and Europe.

Ancelotti is the best ye could get and one of the best managers around and Simeone is different to Klopp and I'd say better too.

• Advertisement

I think City and Dortmund are very similar teams actually.

I don't see it personally.

Dortmund at their best are ultra high pressure team, utilizing defensive mistakes to score goals. Very compact in defense and disciplined tactically. I think they have far more in common with Atheltico Madrid and were in fact probably a blue print for them. Much more counter-attacking than City.

I don't really think City have the personnel to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If ye get Ancelotti or Simeone in the summer I'd be scared of City in the league and Europe.

Ancelotti is the best ye could get and one of the best managers around and Simeone is different to Klopp and I'd say better too.

Ancelotti would be a great fit I think. He'd probably make them solid again like he made Chelsea in 09/10. He gets the best out of older players too so he'd probably prolong a few careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea they played bad but sacking managers when the league and champions league not even over I think is ridiculous.Does no one remember when Liverpool played the mighty chelsea and chelsea only managed a draw twice,liverpool are no mugs.
    How many points are we behind last years position out of interest 33 points to go far from over,its not over till its over.

Now back to throwing your toys out of the pram!!

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ancelotti would be a great fit I think. He'd probably make them solid again like he made Chelsea in 09/10. He gets the best out of older players too so he'd probably prolong a few careers.

City have a problem with older players IMO. The bulk of their squad is the wrong side of 30 or closing on it fast.

Yea they played bad but sacking managers when the league and champions league not even over I think is ridiculous.Does no one remember when Liverpool played the mighty chelsea and chelsea only managed a draw twice,liverpool are no mugs.
    How many points are we behind last years position out of interest 33 points to go far from over,its not over till its over.

Now back to throwing your toys out of the parm!!

We've beaten the mighty Pool at Anfield when it mattered in the last two games :pac:

Pool are no mugs and are in spectular form, theres an over reaction to Citys loss but anyone calling Pool poor are far off the mark.

Pellogrini needs to go, losing to a poor side like Liverpool is not on, thew whole thing is gone stale under him and the European campaigns are a joke
    Behave. Liverpool are not a poor side. Villa, Hull, QPR and the like (no offence intended to fans of those sides, by the way) are "poor sides". We were poor in that second half.

We've beaten the mighty Pool at Anfield when it mattered in the last two games :pac:

Pool are no mugs and are in spectular form, theres an over reaction to Citys loss but anyone calling Pool poor are far off the mark.

Ahh yea thats for sure,now to lock down these next 4 games in the pl!

Well done to the U18s on reaching the FA Youth Cup semi final after beating Crewe Alexandra 6-1 tonight. They now face Leicester City with the winners playing Spurs or Chelsea in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Arsenal fan here. I don't know if its the style of play or the fact that you's have been basically Arsenal 2.0 for the last few years(:P) but I'm quite fond of City. Always been of the opinion that if a guy wins a cup and league in his first season he deserves to keep the job for at least a couple of years but I actually think Pellegrini should go at the end of this season. As Gav said above, Simeone would be a great get for City, you can be sure you won't have these games anymore where the players just don't turn up. As far as I'm concerned City should have won the last 4 league titles as well as this one. Instead its looking like 2 from 5 years where yiz have had the league's strongest squad in my opinion. Not good enough.

• Advertisement

Arsenal fan here. I don't know if its the style of play or the fact that you's have been basically Arsenal 2.0 for the last few years(:P) but I'm quite fond of City. Always been of the opinion that if a guy wins a cup and league in his first season he deserves to keep the job for at least a couple of years but I actually think Pellegrini should go at the end of this season. As Gav said above, Simeone would be a great get for City, you can be sure you won't have these games anymore where the players just don't turn up. As far as I'm concerned City should have won the last 4 league titles as well as this one. Instead its looking like 2 from 5 years where yiz have had the league's strongest squad in my opinion. Not good enough.

I think money will be spent this summer and who ever they get in manager wise might not really matter.
    The top brass at city want champions league(and they should) and there's only one manager for it and thats Ancelotti in my eyes and if city can't get him good and well let's stick with Pell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think money will be spent this summer and who ever they get in manager wise might not really matter.
    The top brass at city want champions league(and they should) and there's only one manager for it and thats Ancelotti in my eyes and if city can't get him good and well let's stick with Pell!

Ancelotti would obviously be the dream for a club like City, I think Simeone would be great too though. That said he may not want to leave Atheltico. Probably not too many other options around Europe aside from those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Team vs. Leicester

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Fernando, Navas, Bony, Aguero, Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Looks like Busquets just broke his ankle against Villareal , looks a bad one , could be a big loss against ye in the 2nd leg...

Hoki wrote: »
    Looks like Busquets just broke his ankle against Villareal , looks a bad one , could be a big loss against ye in the 2nd leg...

Just saw a vine of it, really really nasty looking.

Also, I actually only realised now, but Kompany was dropped from the first XI today. Hope it does him some good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

we really need WHAM to do us a favour tonight

we really need WHAM to do us a favour tonight

Clean sheet and a win,missed the second half but 3 points on the board what more can ya ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Clean sheet and a win,missed the second half but 3 points on the board what more can ya ask for!

A lot of things really... like Chelsea to cede a goal or two :P.

Think we can forget about the title as can't really see Chelsea slipping up like Liverpool did last year, their team/squad is way too strong.

Surprised at all this gruff coming out about Pelli in danger of losing his job, I think he is safe enough for the time being. I think he is being hampered by the FFP rules which is limiting his options. It will be interesting to see what can be done over the summer but TBH dont expect much. Would desperately love to keep Milner but it doesnt look like he will sign a new contract.

It is interesting to see who we are being linked with in the Manager front, in particular Simeone, but I am guessing City is being used by the agent to beef up Simeone contract talks with Madrid.

vKZVdJu.png

Hate to admit it, but MP sprang to mind straight away when I spotted that!

Wheels off the chelsea train,lets hope so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Unfortunately I think it will be the opposite, they only have the league go concentrate on now and I expect them to sew it up over the next month.

Unfortunately I think it will be the opposite, they only have the league go concentrate on now and I expect them to sew it up over the next month.

The negativity! :eek:

It would be a truly spectacular collapse if Chelsea were to throw it away now. I like your optimism though. On a side note, I've said it before and I'll say it again- we should sign Marco Verratti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Not really, hopefully we have bigger things to focus on... starting next week!

Honestly wouldnt care if Chelsea win the league if we somehow get past Barcelona and get a decent run at the Champion League, There are a couple of beatable teams that made the quarters so far and would fancy Man City chances against them if they get to that stage.

Not really, hopefully we have bigger things to focus on... starting next week!

Honestly wouldnt care if Chelsea win the league if we somehow get past Barcelona and get a decent run at the Champion League, There are a couple of beatable teams that made the quarters so far and would fancy Man City chances against them if they get to that stage.

and you say Im optimistic.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

Had a ganger in the Chelsea fourm, alot of them giving out about the away goal in extra time.Surely the home advantage negates the away goal and balances out over 30 mins.
    Some where saying to go straight to penos,who in there right mind would want to go straight to penos,especially when you have a man advantage at home?

and you say Im optimistic.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

Had a ganger in the Chelsea fourm, alot of them giving out about the away goal in extra time.Surely the home advantage negates the away goal and balances out over 30 mins.
    Some where saying to go straight to penos,who in there right mind would want to go straight to penos,especially when you have a man advantage at home?

That was the fairest option, 120mins to get 1 goal that counts as 2 compared to 90 mins of the same isnt really fair the alternative is to have away goals scrapped in ET and play as is, which gives the home side the slight edge, meet in the middle, penalties.

That was the fairest option, 120mins to get 1 goal that counts as 2 compared to 90 mins of the same isnt really fair the alternative is to have away goals scrapped in ET and play as is, which gives the home side the slight edge, meet in the middle, penalties.

But having the home game second is a clear advantage,I think its fair and et should be played.

But having the home game second is a clear advantage,I think its fair and et should be played.

It should be played, but the 2nd leg ET score shouldnt include away goals, its only my thoughts on it, nothing to do with Chelseas result, if it happens another team in the UCL this season I'll feel the same.

1 team has 90mins to get an away goal and 90 mins of home advantage
    while another has 120mins to get an away goal and 90mins home advantage.

TEAM NEWS @MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero #burnleyvcity #mcfc

Awful stuff so far.

• Advertisement

FFS Boyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Far too many passengers in the City squad just picking up a wage, expecting huge transfer business this Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Montroseee wrote: »
    Far too many passengers in the City squad just picking up a wage, expecting huge transfer business this Summer.

Please, Man City have the best players in England, they've the best manager in England. There must be some kind of matchfixing going on!!!

Please, Man City have the best players in England, they've the best manager in England. There must be some kind of matchfixing going on!!!

What are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What are you on about?

Sorry, was trying my hand at a Talib Fiasco type of post. Anyways, whats your opinion on the manager atm? Do you keep or get rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wheels off the chelsea train,lets hope so!!

think they might be better attached to the Chelsea train than the City what do you reckon?

Ye were robbed of a penalty as well lads, now ye know how we feel all season. :o

Behave yourself. If you honestly think Pellegrini is the best manager in England, you need to watch more football. Anyway; a big well done to Burnley. They deserved the win tonight, notwithstanding the blatant penalty we should have got. We'd have probably missed it anyway.

:o

Sorry, was trying my hand at a Talib Fiasco type of post. Anyways, whats your opinion on the manager atm? Do you keep or get rid?

I like Pellegrini, I think he deserves more time. However if Ancelloti or Simeone become available we should make a move for them.

That is possibly the worst we have been all season btw, just missing basic passes everywhere. Navas's final ball is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't seen all that much of him but has Bony been anything but awful since joining City?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement