Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Nightmare of a game. Nothing went right. Just one of those days I guess although they're becoming more of a regularity. It'd be a miracle if the league was won now, even for City it's probably too far of a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Haven't seen all that much of him but has Bony been anything but awful since joining City?

Early days yet but he has been pretty crap so far, can only hope he improves. I'm not too worried about strikers though, midfield and right wing is where we need to add some quality imo.

Marco Reus would be a dream signing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Pellegrini won the bloody premier league for you. Talk of getting rid because you don't win a league the following season? Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kompany doing what he always does. At least hes not getting away with it anymore. At last, people seem to be noticing.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ye were robbed of a penalty as well lads, now ye know how we feel all season. :o

That was never a penalty. Zero contact with Zab and the ref was brave and rightly booked him for diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

spockety wrote: »
    Pellegrini won the bloody premier league for you. Talk of getting rid because you don't win a league the following season? Christ on a bike.

Who said we should get rid of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why couldnt yee have been this **** last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Tbh. if we win against Barca on Wed. I won't care about the epl anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man Citys form this year has been poor. Crystal Palace has won more games this year than them. It took City to mid Feb to win a game since new years day.
    Not good enough, it's mid table form at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Citys form this year has been poor. Crystal Palace has won more games this year than them. It took City to mid Feb to win a game since new years day.
    Not good enough, it's mid table form at best.
    Agreed. We've been poor since we blew a two goal lead at home on the sunday after Christmas to, ironically, Burnley. It's simply not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If some form doesn't come soon then they will be dragged into the race for 3rd and 4th .
    Arsenal look likely to push on and take second in the coming weeks.
    Arsenal V Chelsea on 26th April could be a title decider.

If some form doesn't come soon then they will be dragged into the race for 3rd and 4th .

No offence to any Arsenal supporters but hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kirby wrote: »
    That was never a penalty. Zero contact with Zab and the ref was brave and rightly booked him for diving.

I didnt see him fetting booked, did he produce a card ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

No offence to any Arsenal supporters but hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Agreed, Chelsea have a six point lead and two games in hand and mourinho is pragmatic, the title is 99.9% decided.
    City's indifferent recent form has merely allowed Chelsea to pull away again.

I think arsenal stand a fair chance of getting second though.

We'll have played Leicester 4 days before that so we should be a few points ahead at that stage but it could be a pivotal game alright.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Agreed, Chelsea have a six point lead and two games in hand and mourinho is pragmatic, the title is 99.9% decided.
    City's indifferent recent form has merely allowed Chelsea to pull away again.

If ye keep up yere form ye'll walk into 2nd as City have slowed down.

I wouldnt say the title is over, if we drop points tomorrow todays result wont be as a bad for City and rhe league.

bad2dabone wrote: »

I would not be surprised. Arsenal and Liverpool are the form teams in the league right now.

With the form we are in, it would not shock me if we beat Barca and then lose to West Brom.

I wouldnt say the title is over, if we drop points tomorrow todays result wont be as a bad for City and rhe league.

Title race is over imo. Only thing remotely exciting about the league now is the battle for fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Give over. The way we're playing (or not, actually), you'll be champions by the beginning of May.

• Advertisement

I dont share yere confidence lads.

Drop points tomorrow and its far from over.

How do ye think we should set up tonight lads? Anyone optimistic we can win? I really think everything will have to go perfectly for us to have a chance, Aguero and Yaya will need to be at their best. Team I'd like to see.

Aguero
    Silva Milner
    Fernandinho Yaya
    Fernando
    Kolarov Mangala Kompany Zab
    Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the players will have to give 100% for the 90 minutes to have any chance

don't see that happening on current form

I think we will get a hiding unfortunately really hope im wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

As well as Barcas brilliance we have to put up with a non show from Nasri and Milner giving the ball to them at every opportunity. I really hope Milner doesn't sign that contract.

Aguero's missed penalty ruined you.

A great performance from Hart though. Fair played to him, it has to be said. He was man of the match.

Outclassed for the most part. We made a game of it in the last half hour, if that penalty went in who knows. Proud of Joe Hart tonight though, he was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Toure let himself down tonight. Major shop window for him and he played as if out of his depth.

Might be best all round if he moved on.. And bring the chip on his shoulder with him. Delighted Pelligrini hauled him off.... A lesson on who really runs the team.

I'd forget about getting a cake this year if I was him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Toure let himself down tonight. Major shop window for him and he played as if out of his depth.
    Shop window? He's working for the most expensive shop in the world. He was symptomatic of the team, they didn't play for each other and didn't care enough.

Might be best all round if he moved on.. And bring the chip on his shoulder with him. Delighted Pelligrini hauled him off.... A lesson on who really runs the team.

I'd forget about getting a cake this year if I was him!!

Consistently one of our best players, instrumental in us winning the league last year. Doesn't play well against Barca and "might be best if he moved on". Are you for real? Have you seen the stats of our results without Yaya in the team this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

On what planet is Nasri worth £180,000 a week?

He is dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I think with Yaya it's more a case of him being great, but not quite as great as many thought. He's great in the premier league in a strong City side where he can act the bully, but against world class opposition he struggles just as much as his teammates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Consistently one of our best players, instrumental in us winning the league last year. Doesn't play well against Barca and "might be best if he moved on". Are you for real? Have you seen the stats of our results without Yaya in the team this year?

He needs to be consistent year on year... That's what he is paid for. He looks like a player who wants to move on. Saturday against Burnley he was brutal..tonight another Walkabout. the rest of team carrying him since African Cup. I can't stand to see the indifference he is showing these days. He should either buck up or shift out....

Bring on Jack Byrne instead.. At least he will give 100%

He needs to be consistent year on year... That's what he is paid for. He looks like a player who wants to move on. Saturday against Burnley he was brutal..tonight another Walkabout. the rest of team carrying him since African Cup. I can't stand to see the indifference he is showing these days. He should either buck up or shift out....

Bring on Jack Byrne instead.. At least he will give 100%

Saturday against Burnley the whole team were brutal. Same with tonight apart from Joe Hart. Yet Yaya is getting all the slack for it.

Tevez was amazing for Juve tonight, I miss him. Himself and Aguero were a great partnership.

K4t wrote: »
    I think with Yaya it's more a case of him being great, but not quite as great as many thought. He's great in the premier league in a strong City side where he can act the bully, but against world class opposition he struggles just as much as his teammates.

He was world class against Real Madrid, best player on the pitch.

Starting 11: Hart, Zab, Kompany, Mang, Clichy, Navas, Lamps, Fernando, Silva, Aguero, Bony.

Bench: Caballero, Demi, Dzeko, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Milner, Sagna

No idea if Yaya is injured but that's a pretty weak midfield. Really need the 3 points or we could be embroiled in a battle for the top 4. Pulis will be out for a 0-0.

• Advertisement

Silva is going to be crucial today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Yaya's time at City is coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Starting 11: Hart, Zab, Kompany, Mang, Clichy, Navas, Lamps, Fernando, Silva, Aguero, Bony.

Bench: Caballero, Demi, Dzeko, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Milner, Sagna

No idea if Yaya is injured but that's a pretty weak midfield. Really need the 3 points or we could be embroiled in a battle for the top 4. Pulis will be out for a 0-0.

Yaya is injured, but I'd say he's definitely winding down now for the season so prob no bad thing he's missing..

That midfield though is slower than mass. Concerning.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Looks like Yaya's time at City is coming to an end.

Ah give over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Xavi6 wrote:
    We let someone else in there this year for sloppy seconds 

He's definitely gone in the summer I'd say, whole team needs a revamp. Lovely memories with this set of players all the same.

• Advertisement

Looks like the ref has sent the wrong man off in the West Brom game.

West Brom down to 10 men already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Looks like the ref has sent the wrong man off in the West Brom game.

West Brom down to 10 men already.

This type of thing is happening way too often for a professional sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jonny666 wrote: »
    This type of thing is happening way too often for a professional sport!
    Ref shouldn't see another Premier League game this season. Completely unacceptable.

CSF wrote: »
    Ref shouldn't see another Premier League game this season. Completely unacceptable.

If it was the Macauley foul (the second one) then it should have been a penalty as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The red card will be given for a foul after the the ref blew his whistle.

That will be how it's explained anyway would be my guess.

So free kick for the first foul outside the box play stopped.

Red card for second tackle inside the box red card after play is stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Good goal by Bony

Edit - Not sure who that was playing him onside? Not his finest moment

The Bony has landed.

Glad to see that. Was starting to think it was another one of those days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is a dire watch. As much as I admire what Pulis can do his teams are unwatchable.

That should be it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement