Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Typical you hope a well drilled Pulis side could do something but they decide to be Fulham for the day.

80% Ball Possession 20%
    24 Goal Attempts 0
    7 Shots on Goal 0
    7 Shots off Goal 0
    10 Blocked Shots 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Going down to 10 men after 90 seconds doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

CSF wrote: »
    This is a dire watch. As much as I admire what Pulis can do his teams are unwatchable.

The game was over after 2 minutes, no point analysing performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Billion dollar club and no running water at the Etihad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Billion dollar club and no running water at the Etihad today.

Suppose we can blame that on yaya Aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CBdIYEaUkAA8V7L.jpg

Interesting tweet - our defence is slightly thriftier than last year.

I know there's no easy games but we should win tonight easy enough.They have a full squad at his disposable , fully rested players, QPR only played 2 days ago.
    I think my self if QPR come to play they get thrashed, there only chance if they play for a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I know there's no easy games but we should win tonight easy enough.They have a full squad at his disposable , fully rested players, QPR only played 2 days ago.
    I think my self if QPR come to play they get thrashed, there only chance if they play for a draw.

This would all be very relevant if we were actually playing QPR.

Personally I can see tonight away to Palace as another banana skin, half the team won't be up for the grafting needed in fixtures like this.

This would all be very relevant if we were actually playing QPR.

Personally I can see tonight away to Palace as another banana skin, half the team won't be up for the grafting needed in fixtures like this.

Had QPR on the brain with the fantasy football.
    My point still stands tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How often do you see a team play on Monday when they played on Saturday though? Once you wrote that, it should have been a massive clue that something was wrong.... :P

Kirby wrote: »
    How often do you see a team play on Monday when they played on Saturday though? Once you wrote that, it should have been a massive clue that something was wrong.... :P

Ha yea , I was looking at Palace injury and form to make it worse ,in my head it was just QPR . :o
    In happy I got the city part right.

*Palace* Speroni; Ward, Delaney, Dann, Kelly; McArthur, Ledley, Puncheon, Bolasie; Zaha, Murray

*Man City* Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

*Palace* Speroni; Ward, Delaney, Dann, Kelly; McArthur, Ledley, Puncheon, Bolasie; Zaha, Murray

*Man City* Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero"

Yikes, palace with the stronger team on paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yikes, palace with the stronger team on paper.

Said nobody ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Manuel Pellegrini is 'Mystique'😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I just want this season over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Said nobody ever

Sorry I just have been wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Three away defeats in a row now. Some of the passengers in the team need to be sold in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Very poor poor result. The only thing it makes my bet for next week even more sound...it's inevitable we'll trash United next week isn't it? Typical old City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Yaya Out !

• Advertisement

74% possession according to BBC. I think you have to blame the players for this one.

Bar Aguero hitting the post in the first half he was non existent.22 shots on goal but there wasn't really many chances I thought.

Anybody see what Neville was saying about standing up the fair play rule,I was surprised he would come out and say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Bar Aguero hitting the post in the first half he was non existent.22 shots on goal but there wasn't really many chances I thought.

Anybody see what Neville was saying about standing up the fair play rule,I was surprised he would come out and say it.

what did he say?

Very disappointed with last night not sure where we go from here, if we continue in our current form we will be lucky to get 4th

so what kind of positional reinforcements do ye think we need to bring in

id say two wingers and centre midfield are a must

we are okay for forwards (bring up a youngster for dept )

i think the defence has been badly exposed this year as the midfield wont work backwards. id love if he just settled on a centre back partnership and stick to it!!

i know its early doors at the moment with our youth academy, but id love to see us giving some graduates a chance next year

murphk wrote: »
    what did he say?

Very disappointed with last night not sure where we go from here, if we continue in our current form we will be lucky to get 4th

so what kind of positional reinforcements do ye think we need to bring in

id say two wingers and centre midfield are a must

we are okay for forwards (bring up a youngster for dept )

i think the defence has been badly exposed this year as the midfield wont work backwards. id love if he just settled on a centre back partnership and stick to it!!

i know its early doors at the moment with our youth academy, but id love to see us giving some graduates a chance next year

He was saying that its unfair to teams that have the ability to spend money and compete and unlike teams like United who have a higher revenue and wont get stung.
    He was going on about to channelge the rules and see what happens.

The rule can definitely be challenged as it's anti-competition and that's it's weakness.

The rule can definitely be challenged as it's anti-competition and that's it's weakness.

I was reading up about it last night after he said that and theres alot to it,something like 90 pages to it(not reading that) but at the end of the day city are a business and if there trying to stop them from be successful then theres must be something in the European Law to help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think someone will challenge FFP but no club wants to be seen to be the first to do so, IMO.

FFP is perfectly viable, but its only kept the current mega rich clubs, rich, no new club can come in and have an instant turn around as no owner could pump millions into a club to prop them up the league, its really closed off the elite level too the current clubs that occupy it.

Monaco, for example shoudl be the biggest team to challenge it, theyve no way of meeting FFP at all, f**k all revenue, huge wages and transfers, a tiny stadium of about 18K, playing in a league thats probably the 4th biggest in Europe in terms of commericial revenue.

Of all the clubs that are likely to be effected by FFP it is those guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I thought FFP was destined to fail but teams are trying to comply. I thought it would be brought to court by PSG, City etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I said on this thread about a month or so ago, loads of dodgy results coming, this teams mentality is ****ed now the league is gone, which is a terrible indictment of all concerned. Bar Silva and Aguero couldn't give a rats about anyone else leaving in the summer at this point. Great times with this team but cycle definitely ending now, new hunger needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It's odd that those responsible for transfer dealings at a club like City, whether that be Pellegrini and his coaching staff or Marwood and the so called transfer committee, have failed to address the team's most glaring weakness - the lack of an even half decent centre - back pairing. Kompany has always been one of the league's most overrated defenders, far too error prone. The thirty-five million man Mangala looks like a complete waste of money and Dimichelis (would has been offered a new one year contract) looks finished. There has to be better options available out there. More reliability at the back allied to their unquestioned attacking brilliance and they would walk away with the Premiership for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just a quick heads up for any City fans out there; the second leg of the FA Youth Cup semi final is apparently live on ITV4 tonight. City are 3 up going into the game tonight against Leicester City. With it not being the jokers in the first team, there's a chance we mightn't **** this game up.
    :rolleyes:

Good to see a few young English lads in the side tonight. 6 English, 3 Spanish, 1 Dane and 1 Kosovan in the starting XI. And three more English lads on the bench along with a Dutch lad and a Portugese lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

blueser wrote: »
    Good to see a few young English lads in the side tonight. 6 English, 3 Spanish, 1 Dane and 1 Kosovan in the starting XI. And three more Wnglish lads on the bench along with a Dutch lad and a Portugese lad.

Ladsss

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Ladsss
    Sorry?

Good to see a few young English lads in the side tonight. 6 English, 3 Spanish, 1 Dane and 1 Kosovan in the starting XI. And three more English lads on the bench along with a Dutch lad and a Portugese lad.

Barker is a real talent great prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think someone will challenge FFP but no club wants to be seen to be the first to do so, IMO.

FFP is perfectly viable, but its only kept the current mega rich clubs, rich, no new club can come in and have an instant turn around as no owner could pump millions into a club to prop them up the league, its really closed off the elite level too the current clubs that occupy it.

Monaco, for example shoudl be the biggest team to challenge it, theyve no way of meeting FFP at all, f**k all revenue, huge wages and transfers, a tiny stadium of about 18K, playing in a league thats probably the 4th biggest in Europe in terms of commericial revenue.

Of all the clubs that are likely to be effected by FFP it is those guys.

They seem to be stepping into line - the 2 biggest signings are now off the payroll, Falcao & Rodriguez and there have been no big acquisitions there recently.

greendom wrote: »
    They seem to be stepping into line - the 2 biggest signings are now off the payroll, Falcao & Rodriguez and there have been no big acquisitions there recently.

Slightly off topic but I cant see Utd keeping Falcao next year unless Monaco sell him on the cheap and then youve to find some eejits willing to pay his insane wages or he takes a pay cut somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I cant see Utd keeping Falcao next year unless Monaco sell him on the cheap and then youve to find some eejits willing to pay his insane wages or he takes a pay cut somewhere.

I think someone's going to get a great deal on him tbh. Play to his strengths and he'll start banging them in again.

Liam O wrote: »
    I think someone's going to get a great deal on him tbh. Play to his strengths and he'll start banging them in again.

Ive seen Utd maybe 10-15 times this year and Falcao is looking like a busted flush, ala Torres when he came to us. Theres no doubting hes still capable of producing the odd bit of magic or goal but I wouldnt hold any confidence in his future anyway, especially at the outlay being speculated.

I think Utd would be mad to spend the reported money on him but if he could be got for cheaper he could be a good bit of business and his 2nd season in the EPL could be a pivotal one, I just dont think he'd start in front of many of the EPLs biggest clubs CFs at the present and I'd doubt he'd want to be 2nd fiddle if he can help it at this stage of his career.

I wouldnt mind him at Chelsea if the money was right 20-25million and about 100-125K a week but thats highly, highly unlikely IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Squad needs a shake up for sure. Dzeko, Kolarov, Lampard, Milner have to go for simply being not good enough. Could/should add Yaya and Nasri to that due to lack of workrate.

rwbug wrote: »
    Squad needs a shake up for sure. Dzeko, Kolarov, Lampard, Milner have to go for simply being not good enough. Could/should add Yaya and Nasri to that due to lack of workrate.

Milner I'd be for keeping, Lampard's going to New York anyway. Nasri first on the list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

YAYA OUT.

rwbug wrote: »

I like Kolarov, Milner and Yaya and hope we don't sell them. Navas, Nasri, and the 2 Ferns need to go though. Txiki Begiristtain should be sacked, we have overpaid for crap players too often.

Clichy and Kolorov gone for me(Need a good left back!!) ,if they get a decent price for Yaya then id say take it.Nasri needs to go and Id drop Fernando and keep Fernandinho
    I think they would be crazy to drop Milner.
    Mangala not great this season but give him another season and see where we are then.
    Dzeko and Jovetic probably gone aswell,Dzeko done well and poor Jovetic never really got a chance.

For the transfers in, oh boy the wishlist

Jovetic has been incredibly underused and mistreated to be honest.

• Advertisement

Saints and Utd losing; two decent results for us today. We have to capitalise tomorrow against West Ham if we're serious about 3rd place.

Saints and Utd losing; two decent results for us today. We have to capitalise tomorrow against West Ham if we're serious about 3rd place.

Imagine at the start of this season a city fan would have to utter the above

roll on next season

Imagine at the start of this season a city fan would have to utter the above

roll on next season
    Tell me about it. This season has been a real disappointment; very similar to the last time we followed up a title win (the 12/13 season). An annoying trend, that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Saints and Utd losing; two decent results for us today. We have to capitalise tomorrow against West Ham if we're serious about 4th place.

Fixed that for you :p

Boom, own goal Collins. We have started the game well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement