Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Any lads here got any insight to Vieira and his work for your reserves ?

Would he be ready to step up and manage a club like Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Any lads here got any insight to Vieira and his work for your reserves ?

Would he be ready to step up and manage a club like Newcastle?

What would be your expectations? Is the club going to support transfers etc

He has done good job with reserves and u21. Not sure about 1st team football yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

He would be mad to go to Newcastle if you ask me, potentially ruin his managerial career before it even begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He would be mad to go to Newcastle if you ask me, potentially ruin his managerial career before it even begins.
    Agreed. He should start off at a lower level (Championship or League 1), or maybe even abroad. Learn the ropes and make his mistakes (which he will make, seeing as he's never managed at senior level) out of the media glare that comes with any PL club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Milner

there allready changing his current team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Looks like Milner signed for Liverpool, what an absolute idiot. Hope he enjoys playing left wing back for Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Very sad to hear. Jimmy had a fine season and I thought he got enough game time to keep him at the club too... I wish him all the best, but he should have been kept, way too good of a player (especially an English player) to be let go. If Sterling is bought now after this I will be extremely p*ssed off. Wingers like Marco Reus need to be bought, not Sterling.

Edit: Just seen Reus has signed a new contract...well greeeat

40 mill for Sterling,surly they have reached the ceiling with that bid.

Manchester City (club fixtures page)
    08 Aug 2015 West Bromwich Albion (A)
    15 Aug 2015 Chelsea (H)
    22 Aug 2015 Everton (A)
    29 Aug 2015 Watford (H)
    12 Sep 2015 Crystal Palace (A)
    19 Sep 2015 West Ham United (H)
    26 Sep 2015 Tottenham Hotspur (A)
    03 Oct 2015 Newcastle United (H)
    17 Oct 2015 AFC Bournemouth (H)
    24 Oct 2015 Manchester United (A)
    31 Oct 2015 Norwich City (H)
    07 Nov 2015 Aston Villa (A)
    21 Nov 2015 Liverpool (H)
    28 Nov 2015 Southampton (H)
    05 Dec 2015 Stoke City (A)
    12 Dec 2015 Swansea City (H)
    19 Dec 2015 Arsenal (A)
    26 Dec 2015 Sunderland (H)
    28 Dec 2015 Leicester City (A)
    02 Jan 2016 Watford (A)
    13 Jan 2016 7.45pm Everton (H)
    16 Jan 2016 Crystal Palace (H)
    23 Jan 2016 West Ham United (A)
    02 Feb 2016 7.45pm Sunderland (A)
    06 Feb 2016 Leicester City (H)
    13 Feb 2016 Tottenham Hotspur (H)
    27 Feb 2016 Newcastle United (A)
    01 Mar 2016 8pm Liverpool (A)
    05 Mar 2016 Aston Villa (H)
    12 Mar 2016 Norwich City (A)
    19 Mar 2016 Manchester United (H)
    02 Apr 2016 AFC Bournemouth (A)
    09 Apr 2016 West Bromwich Albion (H)
    16 Apr 2016 Chelsea (A)
    23 Apr 2016 Stoke City (H)
    30 Apr 2016 Southampton (A)
    07 May 2016 Arsenal (H)
    15 May 2016 Swansea City (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Call me crazy but I'd rather we kept Milner if we are talking that kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

I am glad Milner is gone. Yes he has useful work rate but got sick of him passing/miscontrolling the ball straight out the park. He really frustrated in that first half away at Barca when every time he touched the ball it went back to them and we wouldn't see it again for another five mins. He isn't good enough technicaly for a top top team.

rwbug wrote: »
    I am glad Milner is gone. Yes he has useful work rate but got sick of him passing/miscontrolling the ball straight out the park. He really frustrated in that first half away at Barca when every time he touched the ball it went back to them and we wouldn't see it again for another five mins. He isn't good enough technicaly for a top top team.

There going to end up paying 50 mill for him id say,they must see something in him that I dont and I hope there right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

another 10 i would think

There going to end up paying 50 mill for him id say,they must see something in him that I dont and I hope there right.

he would be a fantastic signing

Would much rather see a big signing CB

• Advertisement

Surely you mean LB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

We already have a top class centre back coming through in Denayer, absolutely no need for another one, him along with the other 3 will be perfect.

Angelino on loan to NYCFC, be interesting to see what happens with Maffeo, those two have potential to be our full backs for the next 10 years.

Sterling is going to sign for city, its inevitable, based on the fact we need at least one homegrown player that can add to the squad and compete genuinely for a first team place im happy with him and dont care what the cost is. There isnt an alternative HG player around.

Our 22 man squad will be made up of the 17 foreign players we are allowed, three HG playes(hart clichy and Sterling) and then likely Denayer and Lopes, padded out further with the rest of the youth team more than enough. We may also sign one more HG player, who im not sure but its not essential.

I would be very happy with Sterling provided it's not for crazy money. He has serious pace which is lacking in the front line and he could be quality if he improves his finishing.

Anyone know how much we are allowed to spend this summer? I know FFP has been "relaxed" but that's very vague.

Firmino looks like hes signed for Liverpool,makes way for Sterling transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

POKERKING wrote: »
    We already have a top class centre back coming through in Denayer, absolutely no need for another one, him along with the other 3 will be perfect.

Angelino on loan to NYCFC, be interesting to see what happens with Maffeo, those two have potential to be our full backs for the next 10 years.

Sterling is going to sign for city, its inevitable, based on the fact we need at least one homegrown player that can add to the squad and compete genuinely for a first team place im happy with him and dont care what the cost is. There isnt an alternative HG player around.

Our 22 man squad will be made up of the 17 foreign players we are allowed, three HG playes(hart clichy and Sterling) and then likely Denayer and Lopes, padded out further with the rest of the youth team more than enough. We may also sign one more HG player, who im not sure but its not essential.

Surely Barkley would be an alternative??

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    Surely Barkley would be an alternative??

Personally dont think Barkley has done anything to suggest he would improve our team, i feel Sterling would. They would likely cost same price and Barkleys fitness record is questionable plus Sterling wants to leave liverpool Barkley might not want to leave making it a hard transfer to complete. The fact he is not making a difference in an average everton side(is he even a nailed on starter?) means i would class him more in the rodwell bracket than the Sterling bracket.

I would say (and im guessing here) that Sterling would blow rodwell apart in the stats department thats despite being a year younger.

this Turkish youngfella scoring 182 goals in 110 looks a good prospect

this Turkish youngfella scoring 182 goals in 110 looks a good prospect

Whos is this your on about/

Whos is this your on about/

Enes Unal

Looks like Delph will actually be a City player albeit a few years later. Solid enough signing if it goes through.

Window officially open,I suspect Sterling and de bruyne signed,cant see Pogba coming,but 3 signings I expect.

Nasri clichy Fernando and maybe Navas gone for me.

Window officially open,I suspect Sterling and de bruyne signed,cant see Pogba coming,but 3 signings I expect.

Nasri clichy Fernando and maybe Navas gone for me.

Would doubt Clichy would leave given his home grown status and we are far too short on central midfielders to lose Fernando this window unless we get a couple more in.

Certain leavers will be Jovetic and Dzeko imo with posibities of Kolarov, Nasri and Sagna going too. I also wonder if we would let Demichelis return to Argentina which would mean needing to get another center half in.

This year will also be the first in a little while when we start to see our youth products in the first team squad. Denayer for sure and perhaps Iheanacho and Lopes unless we send him out again.

rwbug wrote: »
    Would doubt Clichy would leave given his home grown status and we are far too short on central midfielders to lose Fernando this window unless we get a couple more in.

Certain leavers will be Jovetic and Dzeko imo with posibities of Kolarov, Nasri and Sagna going too. I also wonder if we would let Demichelis return to Argentina which would mean needing to get another center half in.

This year will also be the first in a little while when we start to see our youth products in the first team squad. Denayer for sure and perhaps Iheanacho and Lopes unless we send him out again.

Yep your right about clichy but I still think a LB is needed and would be alot happier if they kept Kolorov.
    Why you think sagna is going?

Yep your right about clichy but I still think a LB is needed and would be alot happier if they kept Kolorov.

With high hopes for Angelino, i cant imagine any big money being spent on a left back. id imagine we keep both and sell kolorov next season and bed Angelino in.

Similar for rb, if sagna goes id be surprised if its Fabinho as he is too young and will potentially block Maffeo. Id say we keep Sagna and Zabaletta and move on next season and blood Maffeo.

On a side note, i fancy Sagna if he stays to be first choice right back next season, just a hunch.

Just a theory based on our supposed interest in Fabinho. There is no way we would keep Zabaleta, Sagna and Fabinho especially when none are home grown. Zabaleta is 30 and Sagna 32, we will need another right back soon enough in addition to Maffeo.

• Advertisement

Manchester City are pleased to announce the signing of Turkey international striker Enes Unal from @BursasporSk #mcfc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Manchester City are pleased to announce the signing of Turkey international striker Enes Unal from @BursasporSk #mcfc

Anyone know anything about this lad? Never heard of him. Presumably one for the future.

Looks like Delph is done. Home grown and cheap. Hopefully he can make the step up and we give him plenty of gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Is this the most dissapointing transfer window of recent times?

Is this the most dissapointing transfer window of recent times?

It's barely started. I think we will sign some quality players before it's over.

It's barely started. I think we will sign some quality players before it's over.

I assume once Sterling is bought, that'll be all the budget used up?

No idea how much we can spend tbh. FFP is "relaxed" so I assume we can go more nuts than usual in the market.

No chance!!

De Bruyne and Pogba are real possibilities, I expect us to sign at least one alternative if we don't sign them.

POKERKING wrote: »
    No chance!!

De Bruyne and Pogba are real possibilities, I expect us to sign at least one alternative if we don't sign them.

I don't think we'll sign Pogba if we're getting Sterling. I know FFP has been relaxed, but Pogba will cost us like a billion euro.

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about this lad? Never heard of him. Presumably one for the future.

check out his stats its only Turkey but the lad has talent

check out his stats its only Turkey but the lad has talent

Going by his stats hes very impressive!

Delph as a player I like,I hope they play him now and not just warm the bench.
    His passing and crosses for villa was very impressive and def something city where missing last year.I hope we get De Bruyne but I think Pogba is slim to none but aslong as we have yaya I think city are fine for now.

If it's just Sterling after this, then it's a terrible window. No excuse for not getting more players in...would also be cheaper too than just lumping on Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I would've thought a replacement for Yaya was the most pertinent problem.

If it's just Sterling after this, then it's a terrible window. No excuse for not getting more players in...would also be cheaper too than just lumping on Sterling

I would hope the deals are all tied up let there be no panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Lukker- wrote: »

He's going to get a new contract I believe.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

Yea if he was leaving.He had a rough last season with brother dying world cup and the african cup,hopefully he be back to his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yaya on his day is a beast. But time waits for no man. I think he's past his best and I think the only reason he won't be moved on is his wages and he won't get them elsewhere. De Bruyne would have been a good replacement for a no 10.

I wonder what changed Delph's mind...perhaps he's been told another CM is arriving soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I wonder what changed Delph's mind...perhaps he's been told another CM is arriving soon?
    If repeat, IF he's staying at Villa out of loyalty, then fair play to him. Whether it is loyalty, or maybe not fancying the pressures that a move to City would bring; who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He wants to play a lot of football, be captain and be in the Euro 2016 squad, none which is likely at City.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement