Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good start but we will really see where we are on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

That was the Yaya Toure of 2 years ago. Jose is getting his bus ready as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Excited for that game,and Im confident on the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

I know WBA didn't offer much up front especially in the first half, but it was nice to see Komany and Mangala looking organised as a pair for one of the rare times. They worked the offside trap well together on a number of occasions. I am not Kolarovs biggest fan but thought he was better disciplined defensively.

Love our brand of possession football with lots of attacking midfielders playing in the opposition half. It will leave us exposed at times and Yaya will come in for more criticism from expert pundits claiming he is past it, but our style is effective and entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Good start but we will really see where we are on Sunday
    Correct. We were very good last night, particularly in the first half when we owned the ball. But let's be realistic; West Brom were pretty poor. Sunday will provide a sterner test, but we go into it in pretty good shape. And watching Merlin is a joy. I just wish he'd get more protection from referees. That thug Yacob seemed intent on kicking him at every opportunity last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CMOYsZLWUAAJG5Z.jpg

Not bad at all for the new highest seat in the house.

That was the Yaya Toure of 2 years ago. Jose is getting his bus ready as we speak.

Has Jose loaned his bus to United?

Has Jose loaned his bus to United?
    Looking that way. United the new Chelsea, boring their way to results. That was a grim 90 minutes last night. And Rooney in the Sun's dream team. YCMIU!

blueser wrote: »
    Looking that way. United the new Chelsea, boring their way to results. That was a grim 90 minutes last night. And Rooney in the Sun's dream team. YCMIU!

You can't be serious,he had one touch in the opponents goal and he passed it out for a throw.United with 3 shots on target in two games both goals where extremely lucky.

Anyway I think city have the edge tomorrow and should win 1-0 for me.

You can't be serious,he had one touch in the opponents goal and he passed it out for a throw.United with 3 shots on target in two games both goals where extremely lucky.

Anyway I think city have the edge tomorrow and should win 1-0 for me.
    It's true, apparently. Even the united fans on here were saying he was pure sh*te lst night (check out the Villa/Utd match thread).

• Advertisement

It's true, apparently. Even the united fans on here were saying he was pure sh*te lst night (check out the Villa/Utd match thread).

Yea I do have a peek in there from time to time.He was ****e but they concentrated on defending and holding the ball more so than attacking and where happy to sit on the 1-0 win.Always going to find it hard to score if that's the case.
    If city played them last night I'd be confident they win handy, Schnerderlin and Carrick is a slow mid and navas and sterling would run rings around them coupled with Romero in goal.I think it's only a matter of time till he gets found out.

Yea I do have a peek in there from time to time.He was ****e but they concentrated on defending and holding the ball more so than attacking and where happy to sit on the 1-0 win.Always going to find it hard to score if that's the case.
    If city played them last night I'd be confident they win handy, Schnerderlin and Carrick is a slow mid and navas and sterling would run rings around them coupled with Romero in goal.I think it's only a matter of time till he gets found out.
    God, yeah. I wish we were playing them soon.

I am surprised United fans are willing to accept it. Like it or not they have always had an attacking mentality in recent decades. Now we are seeing them play with six outfield players whose main job is to defend - easy for defenders to look good in that system. I can't see that team challenging for the title and could see the fans turning on Van Gaal.

But lets hope they stick with him :)

rwbug wrote: »
    I am surprised United fans are willing to accept it. Like it or not they have always had an attacking mentality in recent decades. Now we are seeing them play with six outfield players whose main job is to defend - easy for defenders to look good in that system. I can't see that team challenging for the title and could see the fans turning on Van Gaal.

Worked for Jose and as long as they get results why would they complain.Saying that Rooney is no Costa and they have no Hazard bossing it so I expect them to run into a wall when they come up against any half decent side.Spurs had a game on Thursday and played on saturday so wasnt a true reflection of there talent and even then it was only a OG scored and villa are villa,there in danger of regulation.

Fingers crossed; I don't think he'll turn out to be another Moyesey though!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Can't see a team that rarely concedes while having firepower up front (they need another striker in the squad but Rooney is still a great forward on his day) winning a title? Worked for Chelsea and Inter under mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Can't see a team that rarely concedes while having firepower up front (they need another striker in the squad but Rooney is still a great forward on his day) winning a title? Worked for Chelsea and Inter under mourinho.

Chelsea and Inter had better defenders and attackers than the current United team in my opinion.

Plus - Depay has looked very poor so far ( not writing him off) his runs look good but his ball skills look poor so far - he is no Sterling.

Rooney at 24 years old was great/world class - since then we haven't seen brilliance - He now looks pretty poor.

Mata - had two nice passes versus Villa but was a liability otherwise.

Plus - Depay has looked very poor so far ( not writing him off) his runs look good but his ball skills look poor so far - he is no Sterling.

Rooney at 24 years old was great/world class - since then we haven't seen brilliance - He now looks pretty poor.

Mata - had two nice passes versus Villa but was a liability otherwise.

Van Gaal plays Mata out of position,he would be more suited in behind the striker.
    A nice day of football ahead of us and hope we get the 3 points!

• Advertisement

Absolutely battered Chelsea for 90 minutes. Kolarov is such a threat going forward and great to see Kun looking so sharp. Begovic had a great game too.

Great start and great to get that game out of the way early when Chelsea look half asleep.

On a side note rumours going around that Otamendi has been bought with Mangala going the other way on loan. Not sure what to make of that if it happens. I've always had great confidence in Mangala, if we kick him out the door I am 100% certain they'll end up regretting it bad like Boateng.

Great result and performance. Hope we don't lose Mangala.

Yea great game,city took charge from the get go and didnt let up.Sterling caused the defence problems but hes not quote the fineshed article but hes a great addition.Aguero played out of his skin and on another day he would have scored 3 or 4.
    Im delighted city upped there phyiscal game,fern gave as good as costa gives and he didnt like it.

On otemendi for mangala its a bit of rolling the dice and mangala seems to be coming into his own and nearly scored today.

great result today some teams are going to get a terrible hiding at the Etihad this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Selling Mangala would be a mistake.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Selling Mangala would be a mistake.

It would appear it would be a loan just like the Negredo situation....just hope the option to buy after loan isn't there. Mangala has every ounce of potential to be the best CB in the world.

great result today some teams are going to get a terrible hiding at the Etihad this season
    I'm over for the Watford game in a fortnight. Wouldn't mind seeing another 3 or 4 then!

CMi7EStWUAEZc0g.jpg

Mario dropped by today. Hope he comes home :(

What a legend. I'd take him back just as a mascot or something.

Apparently, the 3-0 is "fake". Yep, I agree. With the chances we missed, it should have been 6 or 7.

• Advertisement

Turns out Micah was there too....top class

CMi-EyLUsAAio5g.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Vinnie what a player .........the new John Terry? :)

https://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/632963666690854912

Pretty much bang on the money there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

2 wins out of two, 6 goals scored and we haven't conceded a single goal.

With Kompany having scored twice too, this is a fantastic start to the season.

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    2 wins out of two, 6 goals scored and we haven't conceded a single goal.

With Kompany having scored twice too, this is a fantastic start to the season.
    Very true. But you last point is the most valid of all; it IS only the start of the season. No titles handed out in August; unfortunately! But it is a foundation to build upon. We need a similar level of intensity in our performance next weekend; Goodison is not an easy place to visit.

Very true. But you last point is the most valid of all; it IS only the start of the season. No titles handed out in August; unfortunately! But it is a foundation to build upon. We need a similar level of intensity in our performance next weekend; Goodison is not an easy place to visit.

Yep dead right, but the team did look class,hart again goes without praise and had a good game and kept a clean sheet.

Yep dead right, but the team did look class,hart again goes without praise and had a good game and kept a clean sheet.

To be fair though he didn't have much to do:pac:

To be fair though he didn't have much to do:pac:
    Two shots on target for Chelsea today, I think. Very United-like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Two shots on target for Chelsea today, I think. Very United-like!

:pac:

Now this is something. A 360 degree interactive version of the usual tunnel cam. I really appreciate how much effort the club puts into their YT channel.

Very cool listening to Kompany at 1'02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoVzg7dKn4

• Advertisement

Also rumours around that Otamendi is having his medical today. Haven't heard if the Mangala exchange is true also.

Edit - Just read the club deny that Mangala is going the other way, and Otamendi is coming to pay off the money owed for Negredo. Happy days :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You guys thinking Kolarov is now nailed on as a starter? Fantasy football-related :-D

Also rumours around that Otamendi is having his medical today. Haven't heard if the Mangala exchange is true also.

Edit - Just read the club deny that Mangala is going the other way, and Otamendi is coming to pay off the money owed for Negredo. Happy days :)

That is a nice feature on the youtube channel ,only shame we cant see the half time feed ha!

If we get Otamendi would be a big boost for the defence now just a LB and a replacemnt for Navas and be a very successful window.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You guys thinking Kolarov is now nailed on as a starter? Fantasy football-related :-D

Long term I don't think so, there's always a bit of rotation at the full backs for us.
    That is a nice feature on the youtube channel ,only shame we cant see the half time feed ha!

If we get Otamendi would be a big boost for the defence now just a LB and a replacemnt for Navas and be a very successful window.

Yeah there was surely some row between Costa and Fernandinho, they always edit out anything like that.

If Otamendi is brought in and Mangala is kept I'd be very very happy. Any other transfer would be a bonus. Seeing as Madrid have bought another creative player, surely another bid for Isco wouldn't be too far off considering he was close to signing before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

If Otamendi is brought in and Mangala is kept I'd be very very happy. Any other transfer would be a bonus. Seeing as Madrid have bought another creative player, surely another bid for Isco wouldn't be too far off considering he was close to signing before.

I def want managala to stay. If otamendi is brought in it has to be a replacement for MDM or Denayer.

Its likely if he comes in denayer goes out on loan and MDM becomes 4th choice cb and cover in dm.

Then next year MDM heads off and Denayer comes back as one of the four cbs.

its disappointing as denayer is ready now, problem is its a good chance to get Otamendi given the circumstances(they owe us money from Negredo i believe so we getting a better deal than normal) and with such a lack of centre halves around we dont want to be left searching next year for one and ending up with a sub standard one so from that point of view we kind of have no choice but to act.

Hopefully Denayer goes to Valencia or some other top club and continues his development because do him no good being our 5th choice centre back if we are anyway serious about promoting him.

Shouldn't affect our foreign players too much as we have two spots free now Jovetic and Edin gone, i assume KDB and Otamendi will take them spots giving us two players for every position and in excellent shape.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I def want managala to stay. If otamendi is brought in it has to be a replacement for MDM or Denayer.

Its likely if he comes in denayer goes out on loan and MDM becomes 4th choice cb and cover in dm.

Then next year MDM heads off and Denayer comes back as one of the four cbs.

its disappointing as denayer is ready now, problem is its a good chance to get Otamendi given the circumstances(they owe us money from Negredo i believe so we getting a better deal than normal) and with such a lack of centre halves around we dont want to be left searching next year for one and ending up with a sub standard one so from that point of view we kind of have no choice but to act.

Hopefully Denayer goes to Valencia or some other top club and continues his development because do him no good being our 5th choice centre back if we are anyway serious about promoting him.

Shouldn't affect our foreign players too much as we have two spots free now Jovetic and Edin gone, i assume KDB and Otamendi will take them spots giving us two players for every position and in excellent shape.
    Your assessment above is pretty good re. the future CBs at the club.We'd be be mad to let the Mangler go. He's beginning to look the real deal at CB (should have buried that header yesterday though!). To my shame, I'm not fully up to speed with Otamendi as a player. But is he that much better than Mangala? We do need to bring Denayer on though, as he is showing real potential. He had an excellent pre-season, and Celtic fans were very impressed with him last season. Now, time for Txiki and/or Ferran to sort out the De Bruyne transfer!

I never watch la liga, haven't a clue what Otamendi is like.

Mangala was atrocious when we signed him but no way should he be let go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very surprised at this signing. Mangala has looked like the real deal in the first two games of this season. I think it would very unfair if he lost his place in the team now.

After the start City have had why would you want to bring in anybody? Seems like a ridiculous move to me even if it has been talked about for a while now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement