Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best video game of all time.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Where's Arcus Odyssey?? Dark Seal?? Lost Kingdoms?? Other random obscure titles I like but no one else does???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭passatman86

championship manager 01/02

enough said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I must have missed Other: The Video Game growing up. Does anyone know where i can get a copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ico is an absolute gem of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

"hey guys ive never posted on a games forum before but for one of my first posts heres a poll ill bet nobodies ever thought to do......"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

VinLieger wrote: »
    "hey guys ive never posted on a games forum before but for one of my first posts heres a poll ill bet nobodies ever thought to do......"

Sounds good! Do it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

VinLieger wrote: »

I felt the same......trolling

If you check his other posts...

- Best Rugby player of all time - discuss
    - Best Superhero of all time - discuss
    - Best Pixar film of all time- discuss

Everyone seemed to jump on it though and actually debating his arbitrary list he compiled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Clock Tower (SNES)
    Resident Evil 2
    Silent Hill 2
    System Shock 2
    Fatal Frame 2

I just realised I really like sequels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Why is everybody jumping on the lad's back for starting a poll? No one would ever start a thread if they go the kind of reception doled out to the OP.

I hate when a gaming community reacts this way to a newcomer as it only reinforces the belief that we are all pompous, cliquey pedants.

"Deadly this guy knows less about forum etiquette and the history of video games than me - I can't wait to make him feel as alienated and pathetic as I do most of the time".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

No Civ or total war.

I guess there is the "other option". Though I don't think my top 5 games are in the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

At least OP has generated a lot of discussion, however, on any games site with any similar poll the comments are always full of "Where's [insert name here]"

Luckily, my game is on this list, if it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid I doubt the presentation of a lot of games would have been as high class as they are now, or games in general being taken as a genuine form of storytelling, it blew me away when I first put it on, took me 25+hrs to finish it on the first run (reduced in time to sub 1.5hrs) and easily the most replayed game ever for me, I have no PS1 but still have the original game on the shelf (with FF VII) and also the pc version buried on my desktop too.

Sadly now all the effort goes into the multiplayer formats, which I'm a massive fan of, but can all seem a bit similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Centipede for the Atari 2600 was epic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Persona 4 would be up there with my top of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sonic 2 was my favourite game for the longest time, pretty much since the first time i started gaming on the megadrive

Then retr0 came along told me to buy silent hill 2 now retr0 did what i thought was impossible , i thought no bloody way nothing ever will tear my love for sonic from number 1

CURSE YOU RETR0000000

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

penev10 wrote: »
    Why is everybody jumping on the lad's back for starting a poll? No one would ever start a thread if they go the kind of reception doled out to the OP.

I hate when a gaming community reacts this way to a newcomer as it only reinforces the belief that we are all pompous, cliquey pedants.

"Deadly this guy knows less about forum etiquette and the history of video games than me - I can't wait to make him feel as alienated and pathetic as I do most of the time".

Because as stated above more often than not they end up being arguments over why "insert game here" wasnt listed on the poll, and it only shows how pointless such a poll is when the "other" option has 30% of the vote, yes the thread started a good discussion but the poll is pointless

Advertisement