Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Anyone else not able to get into the susi website. for about 3 days now im getting 'We’re currently experiencing a high usage rate, Please try again later.'
    Even up to midnight :mad:

useless website.. whats the logic of making everyone apply online this year without having a website thats able to cope??

the deadline is looming :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Doop wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to get into the susi website. for about 3 days now im getting 'We’re currently experiencing a high usage rate, Please try again later.'

useless website.. whats the logic of making everyone apply online this year without having a website thats able to cope??

I would imagine the traffic is high because of the Leaving results coming out. Just keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Did you try to get through on the helpline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Doop wrote: »

It's back up and running today. Was helping someone fill out a form this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nakini

hi guys,
    has any received a reply form susi regarding section f5. my dads land rental is included in his dole slip and i also sent the social welfare statement in too on his assesment and they are still saying they require info from the revenue commissioners stating hes exempt from filing tax returns. this is serious red tape in my view and trying to prevent as many people possible from getting any form of assistance and all the staff were inadequate and unhelpful. has anybody else had any similiar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can you not get what they want from revenue?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

nakini wrote: »
    hi guys,
    has any received a reply form susi regarding section f5. my dads land rental is included in his dole slip and i also sent the social welfare statement in too on his assesment and they are still saying they require info from the revenue commissioners stating hes exempt from filing tax returns. this is serious red tape in my view and trying to prevent as many people possible from getting any form of assistance and all the staff were inadequate and unhelpful. has anybody else had any similiar issues?

Hi Get an exemption letter from Revenue and they will be happy with that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CatherineBOS

My daughter and I applied on July 20th and sent all our documentation. We keep getting requests for either more information or information we have already sent. I rang yesterday because they said I did not send my daughter birthcert, when I said I most certainly did, the woman said oh yes she could see it now, but then asked for my daughters junior and leaving cert, why? She is a third year student in UCD. I cannot express how frustrating this is.
    Is anybody else getting this?
    Is this a stalling tactic?
    Is this pure incompetence?
    Or are they hoping you will get fed up and go away?
    Are all these problems out in the public domain? Is it being reported in the press?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

They seem to have that high volume message going since they started..I have rang on numerous occasions to hear the same message.
    But what is really annoying is that these people(maybe not the full penny)are employed by the state to provide a service.
    How much are we the taxpayer paying these people for their lack of service?

As I said already our applications are going since the July 20th, and all they can tell me is that they received the last lot of post.
    Its insulting, and smacks of pure incompetence.
    And to top it off I believe that they are blaming THE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cannot take much more. Currently I am being nice but I think I may crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

i'm convinced they're doing it all on purpose so we're forced to drop out and then they dont have to pay us :)

• Advertisement

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    i'm convinced they're doing it all on purpose so we're forced to drop out and then they dont have to pay us :)

No; SUSI just didn't put in place a good enough project to implement moving from localised processing to centralised processing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think you are on the ball. They are using the " wear them Down " tactic

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

I went a slightly different route. I emailed department of education to see how much we were paying for the lack of service and whether or not the providers were capable of delivering service?
    Two times now I have received replies to different questions. I have offered them literacy help, as I have worked as a NALA tutor.
    They are a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TaylorMonahan

Hi, kind of in a dilemma with SUSI since they never reply to my emails or phone calls. I was deemed eligible for the grant in September and haven't heard much from them since. At this stage I'm considering dropping out of college and returning in September. I'm aware that by doing this you don't get the grant the following year. But since I haven't received any money from them yet, does this still apply?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What does 'haven't heard much' mean?
    What have they told you?

Hi, kind of in a dilemma with SUSI since they never reply to my emails or phone calls. I was deemed eligible for the grant in September and haven't heard much from them since. At this stage I'm considering dropping out of college and returning in September. I'm aware that by doing this you don't get the grant the following year. But since I haven't received any money from them yet, does this still apply?

Have you contacted SUSI through

Twitter
    http://twitter.com/susihelpdesk

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/susihelpdesk

Boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=598400

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

SUSI is a microcosm of Ireland and all of its problems- no vision, organization, incompetence and total lack of accountability.

Advertisement