Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL special maths exam

• 15-08-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am new to this forum.
    I got 385 points, the course I am going for is computer games development in UL. Unfortunately I didn't get the maths grade that was required, a B2. Instead I got a B3. For the special maths exam will I have to get a B2 in the special maths exam or will I just have to pass it to get my course?, what grade is a pass? And last but least, what is the past rate?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You don't need to do the special maths exam.You're only required to pass maths at ordinary or higher level to satisfy the entry requirements for that course. A B3 is more than enough.

http://www3.ul.ie/courses/ComputerGamesDevelopment.php

Chavways wrote: »
    You don't need to do the special maths exam.You're only required to pass maths at ordinary or higher level to satisfy the entry requirements for that course. A B3 is more than enough.

http://www3.ul.ie/courses/ComputerGamesDevelopment.php

The entry requirements say you need a B2 at OL or D2 in HL.

Muir wrote: »
    The entry requirements say you need a B2 at OL or D2 in HL.

Is it pass maths he did?

Probably if he said he needs a B2 in it.

OP, ring UL and ask what grade you need, it says you need to pass the exam if you require a C3 or above in OL, but because you need a B2 the pass rate may be higher. There are past papers on that link I posted above so you can practice.

• Advertisement

I'm wrong then.Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DavidNkanga

Muir wrote: »
    Probably if he said he needs a B2 in it.

OP, ring UL and ask what grade you need, it says you need to pass the exam if you require a C3 or above in OL, but because you need a B2 the pass rate may be higher. There are past papers on that link I posted above so you can practice.
    Yeah I did pass. I rang them and they said I have to get a B2 in the exam. Thank you for all your help

Yeah I did pass. I rang them and they said I have to get a B2 in the exam. Thank you for all your help

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

When and how do you find out whether or not you passed?

How did the exam go for everyone? I felt okay about it until now.. It's just dawned on me that maybe the pass/fail rate isn't like what it is in normal LC exams.. The rate for OL is probably that of a B3.. am I right?! Could someone shed some light on this for me? I was pretty sure I was gonna get it :(

• Advertisement

i passed the exam thank god. my course went down to 320, it was 330. since i passed the special maths exam and got 385 points, does it surely mean ill be getting my second round offer tomorrow?
    thanks

i passed the exam thank god. my course went down to 320, it was 330. since i passed the special maths exam and got 385 points, does it surely mean ill be getting my second round offer tomorrow?
    thanks

Congratulations! :D I wasn't successful so I'll be heading to LIT.. Got accommodation sorted and everything! :D

Mavis93 wrote: »
    Congratulations! :D I wasn't successful so I'll be heading to LIT.. Got accommodation sorted and everything! :D
    Congrats to you too :D

Advertisement