Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microwaved pussy!

• 16-08-2012 12:06am

Cat microwaved by eight-year-old Kent boy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-19271076

An eight-year-old boy from Kent put his neighbour's cat in a microwave and turned the appliance on, the RSPCA said.
    The cat was found in the microwave in Rochester on Saturday after its owner heard it being turned on.
    The animal survived but may have suffered internal damage.
    The RSPCA said the youth offending team at Medway Police Station and social services had been contacted but the boy was too young to face criminal charges.
    RSPCA inspector Ray Bailey said: "This was an absolutely horrendous incident and all the more shocking because of the alleged involvement of such a young child."

Poor pussy!

But would an eight year old understand what he was doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Of course not, sure I doubt he could read the instructions for cooking a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

beats a pillow case and some bricks, young lad showed initiative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

While although the nature of the story is disturbing. The thread title is classic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Microwaves are to common for an 8 year old not to know what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Maybe he misunderstood the phrase "eat my pussy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

My ex put the cat into the washing machine for a "bath" when she was a kid.. One cycle later a very dead and very soggy moggy emerged..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Kids are stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Meeow
    Meeoooooowwwww
    Meeeeoooooowwwwwwww
    DING!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have a friend who did something similar when they where around the same age. They got the cat wet and put it in the oven to dry it. Makes sense to an 8 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have a friend who did something similar when they where around the same age. They got the cat wet and put it in the oven to dry it. Makes sense to an 8 year old.

No kid is that stupid. Your friend is evil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

It would be totally awsome if the cat got, mutant powers like lazer beems out its eyes. Now that would be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

This is the type of craic that Robert Thompson and Jon Venables got up to. My nephew is eight and he wouldn't do something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

THIS THREAD TITLE IS MISLEADING.

I am not amused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I love the aroma of hot (clean) pussy ...........
    hope he washed it internally and externally first .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

An 8 year old would understand that this would kill the cat. 8 year olds are in 2nd class. Sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Im pi$sing myself here!
    Cat go ping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think the kid in the OP is a bit messed up, TBH.

I knew "microwave = hot things come out. Too hot to touch".

Idiot of a child if it didn't know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

The law's an ass. The police have a potential clinical psychopath on their hands and can do nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Yup, that kid needs therapy & a very close eye kept on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Was the boy chinese?

• Advertisement

but will it blend...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Poor pussy!

But would an eight year old understand what he was doing?
    Of course ffs. Can you imagine the outrage over a small dog?! But it's ok when it's s cat.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Of course ffs. Can you imagine the outrage over a small dog?! But it's ok when it's s cat.

Dogs arent evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Not even I was that stupid when I was 8 to put an animal into an appliance and turn it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

8 year old kids are not that stupid!!! You are seriously underestimating them
    If you think they don't know what is wrong with putting a kitten into a microwave.
    That child needs to be watched because in ten years time we'll be reading about an 18 year old killer if he is not looked after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Scrawny71 wrote: »
    The law's an ass. The police have a potential clinical psychopath on their hands and can do nothing about it.

Don't all children lack empathy to a certain extent? its something that develops.

What do you get when you put a cat in a microwave?:-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

There's quite a vile streak of posters in this forum who often wish harm on cats. Horrible.

The child knew what he was doing. As another poster said, a very close eye needs to be kept on him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ban microwaves. The only way forward.

• Advertisement

Don't all children lack empathy to a certain extent? its something that develops.

Yes but normally at 8 years old you've grown up enough/been taught that you don't try to murder things.

It's not as if this is a kid that's curious "what happens if I take the wings off a fly".

It's an 8 year old kid that made a "mistake" of putting an animal into a fúcking microwave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

It would be totally awsome if the cat got, mutant powers like lazer beems out its eyes. Now that would be cool.

A kind of a cat version of David Banner...cool.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I have 2 cats, and I'm pretty sure that if they could, they would happily put me in a microwave.

But then again, cats are meant to be evil...8 year old kids are not. Something is messed up with this kid...and his parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

brummytom wrote: »
    There's quite a vile streak of posters in this forum who often wish harm on cats. Horrible.

Ya its not right, I would never harm a pussy...

..Wait... We are on two different wave links....

I have 2 cats, and I'm pretty sure that if they could, they would happily put me in a microwave.

But then again, cats are meant to be evil...8 year old kids are not. Something is messed up with this kid...and his parents.

Dunno about that, the parent did rush down to stop it when they had the microwave turn on. So I reckon the kid knew very well what it was doing.

• Advertisement

Didn't read the article cos Im on my phone, but who alerted the media? If it was my kid id have stuck the microwave, cat and all, into the wheelie bin, and forgot about it.

Well, after I flogged 7 shades outta the little f*cker.

Didn't read the article cos Im on my phone, but who alerted the media? If it was my kid id have stuck the microwave, cat and all, into the wheelie bin, and forgot about it.

Well, after I flogged 7 shades outta the little f*cker.

The cat is alive and well, some damage to the tail, though.

Full article was quote but incase you missed it:

"An eight-year-old boy from Kent put his neighbour's cat in a microwave and turned the appliance on, the RSPCA said.
    The cat was found in the microwave in Rochester on Saturday after its owner heard it being turned on.
    The animal survived but may have suffered internal damage.
    The RSPCA said the youth offending team at Medway Police Station and social services had been contacted but the boy was too young to face criminal charges.
    RSPCA inspector Ray Bailey said: "This was an absolutely horrendous incident and all the more shocking because of the alleged involvement of such a young child."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Ya its not right, I would never harm a pussy...

..Wait... We are on two different wave links....

It's different wavelengths.
    Now go post on the hilarious misconception thread about how you thought the phrase was 'different wave links'.

Actually, if you had said wavelength it could have been a clever microwave pun.

Gotcha ;) Guessing the vet contacted RSPCA.

If that child was mine id be watching him closely from now on. Little creep!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

When I was about 2 or 3 I was at my child minder's house and I put their cat in the tumble dryer. They told me the cat had a cold, and I used always jump into the pile of clothes when they'd be out of the tumble dryer because they were nice and warm, so I put 2 and 2 together and decided I'd be doing the cat a favour, if I was to put her in the tumble dryer... Now I look differently on the matter. The cat ran away the day after, never seen again... AWKS!

I know that's a different situation entirely, there's a huge difference between a tumble dryer and a microwave, and a huge difference between a 3 year old and an 8 year old. I would have had enough cop on to know not to put a cat in a microwave when I was 2 let alone 8. But maybe the child isn't the full shilling. Some of the posters here are too quick to say the child is evil or he has bad parents... maybe he's just a bit simple! :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

3rdDegree wrote: »
    No kid is that stupid. Your friend is evil.

I think you'll find that they really are that stupid

Cat gut doesn't come from cats. . .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

policarp wrote: »
    Cat gut doesn't come from cats. . .:)

Goats, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

My cousin aged 6 was staying with me and happened to see me putting a huge spider outside the back door. (it was seriously big, a giant of a spider!) anyway it was raining and she ran outside to grab a leaf from the rose tree to cover him because, "The rain might kill him".

So yeah, I think the majority of children around the age the OP has linked to know and understand what causes pain.

I hate threads like this, people are quick to give out on thread but not one reported post, I guess it doesn't offend you guys that much.

Well it offends me, and as the OP has not given any input since he started the thread I am going to close it.

From the Charter:

Not every news story needs a thread on After Hours. Don't just post up a link to a news article just because nobody else has. Add something to it. Your own point of view.
    If you do start a thread, be prepared to contribute to it yourself, especially if you expect others to do so.

If the OP want's it reopened he can contact the other AHs mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He's either very stupid or a dangerous little sh1t. Either way they'd do well to keep an eye on him.

My cousin aged 6 was staying with me and happened to see me putting a huge spider outside the back door. (it was seriously big, a giant of a spider!) anyway it was raining and she ran outside to grab a leaf from the rose tree to cover him because, "The rain might kill him".

So yeah, I think the majority of children around the age the OP has linked to know and understand what causes pain.

I hate threads like this, people are quick to give out on thread but not one reported post, I guess it doesn't offend you guys that much.

Well it offends me, and as the OP has not given any input since he started the thread I am going to close it.

From the Charter:

If the OP want's it reopened he can contact the other AHs mods.
    Don't worry, I started this to see what the reaction would be. I have an eight year old as well.

Sometimes it's difficult to look at what a child is capable of doing through the eyes of an adult!

Just think of what boys have been known to do...

e.g. tie tin cans to cats tails for starters.
    drop lighted matches into petrol cans and the list goes on....

Children can do amazingly crazy (stupid) things that adults simply can't imagine.

Goats, isn't it?

Yes. One of the sources. . .

Was it one of those catering microwaves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

that's absolutely horrendous, the poor cat

of course the kid would know better :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement