Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help question

• 16-08-2012 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Ok what if I accept a course but didn't get the one I want. I do a recheck then get the points. Of course if there's no places I won't get in but if there is will I het in even if its a different uni/intitue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

If you get a re-check and your points then meet the requirement, you are entitled to your place on that course, it doesn't matter which college it is or where you are. However if all the places are taken, you will have to wait till the next year, but you are guaranteed your place on that course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

If I do meet requirements how do I get them to know I meet them and then tell them I want a place is it still on the cao?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭bren2001

When you get your paper rechecked and its goes up on points you will get offered a place on the course in the final round of offers in the CAO. As stated above, if the course is full they will let you in next year.

Accepting this course has no effect. This is all assuming that the course you want is higher up on your CAO list.

Advertisement