Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reasonably reliable method to predict points - Medicine, Pharmacy & DENTAL SCIENCE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

jos360 wrote: »
    If you check the facebook page of 'TCD med class of 2017' theres already about 35 members :) Not all places go to us LC students, the Canadians and Americans snap em up!

Touche, I forgot about foreign applicants. Good point.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nogivingup

jos360 wrote: »
    If you check the facebook page of 'TCD med class of 2017' theres already about 35 members :) Not all places go to us LC students, the Canadians and Americans snap em up!

No, our class (Class of 2016) has a total of 173 with around 120 Irish applicants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maclovinx

Have you enough for an estimation for UCC yet????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Both UCC Pharmacy and UCC Medicine need a few more participants to get a preliminary estimation. UCC Pharmacy is closer to a preliminary estimation at the moment.

To improve accuracy (Or even just get an estimation of any description) we need a lot more people participating in both surveys.

Thankyou:) Il keep checking!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

As more people participate the estimations become more accurate.

Pharmacy
    TCD: 570 points
    RCSI: Need 3 more participants for an initial estimation
    UCC: Need 2 more participants for an initial estimation

Medicine
    TCD: 748 points
    UCD: 742 points
    NUIG: 738 points
    UCC: Need 6 more participants for an initial estimation
    RCSI: Need 2 more participants for an initial estimation

These are still very early estimates so take heed to the usual disclaimer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Medicine
    TCD: 748 points
    I promise that I will burn down the CAO HQ if I miss TCD by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 drbtrenier

Taco Chips wrote: »

Do you mind me asking why you want TCD so much? WIth that score you're almost guaranteed RCSI for example... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barry_murphy

Sorry, I'm #133 in the medicine list. I put down TCD by mistake, actually my first choice is RCSI. Please change it back for me please. Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

drbtrenier wrote: »
    Taco Chips wrote: »

Do you mind me asking why you want TCD so much? WIth that score you're almost guaranteed RCSI for example... :)
    I did first year of physics in TCD last year and loved the place. The campus, the set up, the location. Also Ive made friends there that I dont want to leave behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Anychance we could do this for dentistry? Would be really interesting to see

Anychance we could do this for dentistry? Would be really interesting to see
    Should be possible. Just get me the course codes and the average intake quoted on Qualifax and i'll look in to it when I get home.

I'm not sure what you mean by "average intake quoted on Qualifax"

I'm not sure what you mean by "average intake quoted on Qualifax"
    Go to Qualifax.ie and check out all the Dental Science courses. Usually they'll have the average intake somewhere on the page.

Intake as in the amount they earn? Or the number of people accepted every year?

Intake as in the amount they earn? Or the number of people accepted every year?
    Intake as in the amount of people accepted every year. I'd do it myself but i'm not at home at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

There were 32 places in TCD for 2011 couldn't find the number for UCC though.

As I don't have exact details for either TCD or UCC, i've arbitrarily set the number of available places (As in available to normal CAO applicants) to 25 for each. Until I get more accurate information, it'll have to do. Truth be told, I'm not sure if it will work out for dental science. The number of applicants is even smaller than Medicine and Pharmacy and we'd need a reasonably large proportion of them to get something somewhat accurate.

Dental Science / Dentistry
    Survey
    http://goo.gl/W5b9X
    Data/Estimation
    http://goo.gl/6w3AN

Initial estimation for TCD Dental Science is about 600 points. That said, with only 4 people down for TCD Dent so far it's an almost completely baseless estimation.

I'd recommend that people tell anyone they know who applied for any of the three courses about this thread. Spread the link to the thread itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Darksider

Initial estimation for TCD Dental Science is about 600 points. That said, with only 4 people down for TCD Dent so far it's an almost completely baseless estimation.

I'd recommend that people tell anyone they know who applied for any of the three courses about this thread. Spread the link to the thread itself.

any estimate on the other 2 pharmacy courses yet? even rough estimates

• Advertisement

Hi there Partyatmygaff am just wondering how those estimations for med are going?:) spending my day checking and rechecking and wondering and surmising and driving myself crazy!!

I won't be able to answer PMs today so please don't send me any. My uncle passed away last night and I can't focus on anything else at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I won't be able to answer PMs today so please don't send me any. My uncle passed away last night and I can't focus on anything else at the moment.

Sorry to hear that :( Hope you get over the next few days ok, and thanks for the work you put into the spreadsheet again this year.

Sorry to hear that,my sincere condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

Really sorry to hear that man - you have been great during these posts - I hope all your wishes come true...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Very sorry to hear that. Thanks for all the great work you've put in.

217708.png

Congratulations to everyone who got in the course they chose. To those who missed out, don't lose hope. The points may still drop in later rounds and with appeals you may still get an offer.

Thanks for all your hard work:)
    Got UCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beyond thrilled:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

Thanks partyatmygaff for being so close and keeping all our nerves calm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Should I expect to get a second round offer for UCD with 745 if the first round was 745*? (Eg. will second round offers be 744* or below).

Advertisement