Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reasonably reliable method to predict points - Medicine, Pharmacy & DENTAL SCIENCE

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jos360 wrote: »
    Should I expect to get a second round offer for UCD with 745 if the first round was 745*? (Eg. will second round offers be 744* or below).
    I'd say you have a fairly good chance if past years are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

I'd say you have a fairly good chance if past years are anything to go by.

Thanks for everything man, and I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Should I expect to get a second round offer for UCD with 745 if the first round was 745*? (Eg. will second round offers be 744* or below).

If UCD have some vacant places available after the first round, the first thing they will do is distribute the remaining places to those on 745. It may or may not clear the random selection (my guess is that it will, but who knows), for example if there are 4 people waiting on 745, there might be 3 places available, or there might be 5, its hard to know.

So for the second round, UCD could be 745* again (some of those on 745 get the offer, but still some waiting), it could be 745 (all those on 745 get the offer) or it could go down to 744 etc. It won't necessarily go to 744*, there are some steps in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Amazing how accurate these predictions are. Good work party. And I just want to add my condolences about your uncle.

If UCD have some vacant places available after the first round, the first thing they will do is distribute the remaining places to those on 745. It may or may not clear the random selection (my guess is that it will, but who knows), for example if there are 4 people waiting on 745, there might be 3 places available, or there might be 5, its hard to know.

So for the second round, UCD could be 745* again (some of those on 745 get the offer, but still some waiting), it could be 745 (all those on 745 get the offer) or it could go down to 744 etc. It won't necessarily go to 744*, there are some steps in between.

But doesn't it usually happen that final round offers go for like 3 points less than first round offers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

But doesn't it usually happen that final round offers go for like 3 points less than first round offers?

It varies. These are last years first/final rounds:

Trinity 741* (739* on 2nd round)
    UCD 738 (735 on 2nd round)
    UCC 734 (no 2nd round, 733* final)
    RCSI 733* (732 on 2nd round)
    NUIG 729* (729 on 2nd round, 728* final)

It varies. These are last years first/final rounds:

Trinity 741* (739* on 2nd round)
    UCD 738 (735 on 2nd round)
    UCC 734 (no 2nd round, 733* final)
    RCSI 733* (732 on 2nd round)
    NUIG 729* (729 on 2nd round, 728* final)

So everything fell at least one step last year which is all I need. Still sucks that I have to spend another 10 days tearing my hair out... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rosewell

Guys
    Could anyone tell when would be appropriate to begin preparing

rosewell wrote: »
    Guys
    Could anyone tell when would be appropriate to begin preparing
    Preparing for what exactly?

Any one of these courses would need a relatively modest amount of work in fifth year and then consistent work all the way throughout sixth year. I'd start worrying about LC 2013 when term starts. For next year's sixth years, the best advice would be to enjoy your last proper week off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ice And Fire

next years points for pharmacy can't go much higher can they?? surely not 580+ :confused: Any feedback is appreciated;)

• Advertisement

next years points for pharmacy can't go much higher can they?? surely not 580+ :confused: Any feedback is appreciated;)
    No one knows and any speculation at this point is going to be completely and utterly worthless.

But the points certainly could rise another 5 points. It's not impossible.

Advertisement