Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling Xbox Live auto renewal

Options
  • 16-08-2012 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I just got an email from Xbox to say that my Gold Subscription will auto renew on the 14/09/2012, and seeing as I have a 12 month card sitting here I went to cancel the auto renewal, but when I went to change this microsofts website wouldn't let me because I'm not on the computer I set up the auto renewal on 3 years ago, a computer which is long gone! I then went to make my current one the "trusted pc" and was told I can't yet, I have to wait till the old one is removed on the 14th!!!!

So they are going to take my money, and then let me stop them! What can I do???

nim

EDIT:

Update!

Talked to xbox support and they turned it off for me! Problem sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Or you could have entered in the 12 month code and xbox live wouldn't have needed to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That wouldn't cancel the renewal. Just delay it until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

That wouldn't cancel the renewal. Just delay it until next year.

I know, but it'd give him time to figure out how to cancel it. But seeing as the OP has this sorted, there's no need to help him any more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Yeah I had the same problem. Had to cancel it over the phone with XBL support. Only then was I told that I had 3 months payment overdue. Typical really. Only when I gave him my credit card details to pay for the 3 months would he delete the subscription.
    You no longer can just buy single memberships on XBL, you have to sign up to a subscription. It's a pain. I don't want to have to head into town to buy those stupid cards everytime I run out.

Next, try and get them to delete your credit card details... hahah It's no easy task.

You could never buy a single sub with a Cc. It's always been a renewal. Cards are your other option and often far cheaper.

Also, why would they give you the option to remove your card on a renewing sub? That'd be like signing up to Sky to pay by the month and asking them to remove the direct debit.

• Advertisement

You could never buy a single sub with a Cc. It's always been a renewal. Cards are your other option and often far cheaper.

Also, why would they give you the option to remove your card on a renewing sub? That'd be like signing up to Sky to pay by the month and asking them to remove the direct debit.

I'm talking about two different instances.

Call up Microsoft and ask them to remove your credit card details (from a card they are not using). It's not an easy task.

Also, I believe there was a time when you could buy registration with a once off payment.

They cancel, remove your card and provide codes for the amount of gold time remaining. Not overly hard.

Been a member of Xbox live for 5 years and have never seen the system you're talking about regarding once off payments.

Good man

:rolleyes:

Oh right, you just wanted to make a statement, factual or not, without anybody discussing it with you. And woe betide anybody who does; they'll get the rolleyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Sorry buddy, hes right, you've never been able to buy a single subscription.

• Advertisement

Oh right, you just wanted to make a statement, factual or not, without anybody discussing it with you. And woe betide anybody who does; they'll get the rolleyes!

No. You get the roll eyes when someone comes on here and doubts what you are saying and makes out as if your making stories. I attempted to remove a credit card from my account that I was no longer in possession of when I was heading into college and at the time it was incredibly difficult to do so. I was transferred from operator after operator and then told I would have to make a written submission to Microsoft's accounts department.

There you go lads. You can put away the pitch forks now... :rolleyes:

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    No. You get the roll eyes when someone comes on here and doubts what you are saying and makes out as if your making stories. I attempted to remove a credit card from my account that I was no longer in possession of when I was heading into college and at the time it was incredibly difficult to do so. I was transferred from operator after operator and then told I would have to make a written submission to Microsoft's accounts department.

There you go lads. You can put away the pitch forks now... :rolleyes:
    That's the crucial bit of info that was missing. It's simple to remove your credit card - you are right, though, you have to call - but it's difficult if you no longer have control of an account and can't pass their security questions.

Wasn't attacking mate, just questioning your assertion that it was a difficult process. No harm no foul. :)

That's the crucial bit of info that was missing. It's simple to remove your credit card - you are right, though, you have to call - but it's difficult if you no longer have control of an account and can't pass their security questions.

Wasn't attacking mate, just questioning your assertion that it was a difficult process. No harm no foul. :)

No harm done :)

Advertisement