Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 23/24) Aug 17-20, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

CSF wrote: »
    There are very few who could even tolerate him for another week. The man is a neanderthal with no footballing philosophy and needs to go now.

Who do ye want in to replace him? Philly Hughes seems out of form scoring wise recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Why? Do you think, I brought bad luck? ;)

Don't know, it all seemed to be very unlucky, if you are 1:0 down after a few minutes it's always some uphill battle, I suppose
    Oh no, no bad luck. We knew what was coming before tonight. Just thought the game wouldn't have brought much in entertainment. We were awful I thought.
    kksaints wrote: »
    Who do ye want in to replace him? Philly Hughes seems out of form scoring wise recently.
    I'd take Colly O'Neill back until the end of the season, when we could reassess the situation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fabulous performance. Thought it was gonna be another case of dominating the game but not getting the three points. The third goal was stunning. Quietly confident about Sligo on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That was a big win for Derry v Bohs tonight, brings us level on points but with a game in hand. A loss and we would have been adrift.

Played a lot better tonight too, great to see an improvement as we have been pants for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Awful stuff by Shels tonight yet again. Why was Kavanagh left on the bench so long? I know he blows hot and cold but I said two nil that he's one guy who has the potential to make something out of nothing, which is what he done when on. Unfortunately it was three at that stage.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Awful stuff by Shels Matthews tonight yet again. Why was Kavanagh left on the bench so long? I know he blows hot and cold but I said two nil that he's one guy who has the potential to make something out of nothing, which is what he done when on. Unfortunately it was three at that stage.

Actually that's more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've been an infrequent visitor to Tolka since the start of the season and to be honest I'd have gone a lot more but its tough to stomach a tenner to watch the worst kind of hoofball Matthews employs. The sickening thing is, from what I can see, that you actually have a few players and are capable of taking it down and playing it.

cson wrote: »
    I've been an infrequent visitor to Tolka since the start of the season and to be honest I'd have gone a lot more but its tough to stomach a tenner to watch the worst kind of hoofball Matthews employs. The sickening thing is, from what I can see, that you actually have a few players and are capable of taking it down and playing it.
    This is it exactly. We're so bad. I can't wait til he gos, we're a Premier Division club and the future will be bright again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

:mad:

We've gone from drawing to losing.

• Advertisement

I actually think we have a squad capable of finishing top 3, but the tactics are all over the place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good set of results for Rovers to get second. "Hancock what's the score" :)
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Chris Turner with another red card, for a headbutt this time.

Clearly Alan Keane's fault.

Can MNS check if Keane inexplicably fell over in Tolka around the same time Turner was sent off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I might go now just to spite ya ;)
    More the merrier. I'll even buy you a pint!

Just back from Tolka. Fairly dominant performance. Men against boys for the most part to be honest. Ref was appalling. We should have had at least two penalties in the first half. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dan1895 wrote: »
    I actually think we have a squad capable of finishing top 3, but the tactics are all over the place.

From what I have seen yesterday, the players have decent skills, some bright sparks during the match, but a lack of communication.

Don't know why, maybe it's a lack of funding, but that Dutch goalkeeper is not joining Shels at all. He was quite good against Millwall :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

You can cut the defeatism with a knife in Tolka these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

:mad:

We've gone from drawing to losing.

Drogs and Shams next 2 league games :eek: Oh dear me. I can see us in the relegation play off if there is one. Our squad is just too thin, and too many passengers. We need the seaon to end quick and get in about 6/7 new players for next. Hopefully in the premier :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

gimmick wrote: »
    Drogs and Shams next 2 league games :eek: Oh dear me. I can see us in the relegation play off if there is one. Our squad is just too thin, and too many passengers. We need the seaon to end quick and get in about 6/7 new players for next. Hopefully in the premier :(

I thought Cork had some very good players when I seen them play in the Showgrounds this season, Daryl Horgan played extremely well in particular. I think their position in the league doesn't actually reflect how they played in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork wont be in the playoff game. Im just hoping for good results for Bray in the next two matches, make us safe and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

dfx- wrote: »
    Good set of results for Rovers to get second. "Hancock what's the score" :)

Can MNS check if Keane inexplicably fell over in Tolka around the same time Turner was sent off..

Drogs are still second as far as i can see . And hand cock is a pure and utter useless human . Terrible decisions for both sides :eek: And for the record rovers deserved to win without question . And chris turner is still a scumbag .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Drogs are still second as far as i can see.

They are. I think dfx- meant last night's results were good for Shamrock Rovers in order to finish 2nd this season.

Can't see City getting anything of Rovers this time when they come to the Cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Become a frequent visitor down to Dalymount then. ;)

We have played some beautiful football at times this season. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork City's John Dunleavy has torn ankle ligaments. Out for up to six weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Ref was appalling.

Yep, he should have disallowed your peno and booked Quigley for checking his run which was outlawed a couple of years ago.

A two goal defeat however doesn't reflect the difference betwen the sides. If Sligo lose the league on GD, last night was the occasion they could have racked up a hatful.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Zebra3 wrote: »
    and booked Quigley for checking his run which was outlawed a couple of years ago.
    You can check your run, just can't stop completely

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What's the difference? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Yeah you can delay your run, you can't stop once you're beside the ball.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What's the difference? :confused:
    Checking is more slowing down, they keep moving

Checking is more slowing down, they keep moving

Ok, wrong phrase so, it looked like he actually stoppped.

I actually thought he'd stopped too when I saw it first.

Doesn't look it from this video though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Laxca6Bt8 Though it's not the best video I've ever seen!

Don't think its a booking for stopping in the run up anyway. Surely just a re-take?

Don't think its a booking for stopping in the run up anyway. Surely just a re-take?
    I was almost sure its not a retake, but I could be wrong on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's a yellow for the offender and a retake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't know why, maybe it's a lack of funding, but that Dutch goalkeeper is not joining Shels at all. He was quite good against Millwall :(

Funds and the fact we have 3 keepers I'd guess.
    I actually thought he'd stopped too when I saw it first.

Doesn't look it from this video though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Laxca6Bt8 Though it's not the best video I've ever seen!

I like how he titles it with Amateur Footage as to not upset the FAI and RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

great result for us tonight winnin 2-0 at home with limerick drawing against finn harps,our game against them second last game is going to be huge i think!c'mon the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

great result for us tonight winnin 2-0 at home with limerick drawing against finn harps,our game against them second last game is going to be huge i think!c'mon the town

Funds and the fact we have 3 keepers I'd guess.

I like how he titles it with Amateur Footage as to not upset the FAI and RTE.

But then I don't understand, why they said on that Dutch website, that he 'won a contract with Shels, starting from January 2013' :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just read that Parker scored for Cork...I thought he was being shown the door?

But then I don't understand, why they said on that Dutch website, that he 'won a contract with Shels, starting from January 2013' :confused:

Link?

Again the guessing game, Skinner won't be with us next season (he was packing it in last season only for Matthews to ask him to sign as he couldn't attract any keepers), Deano is probably fed up and well Bennion can just f*ck off anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dfx- wrote: »
    Just read that Parker scored for Cork...I thought he was being shown the door?

He won't b offered a deal beyond his contract til the end of the season. We cannot afford to show anyone the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

big game tomorrow for us no matter what anyone says. the only team to beat us this season.should be a good game of attacking football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Will be an interesting game between us and Shels tomorrow considering we've both lost our last 2 games!

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Will be an interesting game between us and Shels tomorrow considering we've both lost our last 2 games!

At least we're playing away, given our current home form. :o

Link?

Again the guessing game, Skinner won't be with us next season (he was packing it in last season only for Matthews to ask him to sign as he couldn't attract any keepers), Deano is probably fed up and well Bennion can just f*ck off anyway!

Voetbal Rotterdam or something like that. To be found on Google.nl, and then search for Jeffrey Wijnen.

So the match in Dalymount is not on the telly, isn't it?

Lucan Bohs wrote: »

Me and a Bohs lad I know were arguing over who's going to lose, that's how bad things have gotten! 1-1 or a 2-1 scoreline is my guess tomorrow, with a poxy attendence from both sides (Monday doesn't help, especially with Man Utd on the box)!
    Voetbal Rotterdam or something like that. To be found on Google.nl, and then search for Jeffrey Wijnen.

So the match in Dalymount is not on the telly, isn't it?

Will do!

Nope, might be on Near FM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Nope, might be on Near FM!

http://nearfm.ie/schedule/

According to this its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Big game for both Bohs and Shels who are both coming off losses. 0-0 draw. Not expecting much by way of attendance given that Everton V Man United is on TV.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not expecting much by way of attendance given that Everton V Man United is on TV.
    I hate this country

Well after that shocking win on Friday, its giving me a little bit of hope. It would be great to win really. Put us in the mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hate this country

It's the way it is unfortunately. Would've been a lot better if they could get it on the Tuesday.

And yes, the crap attendance will suck.

We've three very tough league games against 3 title challengers following shels, so 3 points would be very helpful. We haven't been beaten at home in awhile so hopefully we have enough to win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement