Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 23/24) Aug 17-20, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That_Guy wrote: »
    Big game for both Bohs and Shels who are both coming off losses. 0-0 draw. Not expecting much by way of attendance given that Everton V Man United is on TV.

Was the match tonight (the one in Dalymount, I'm talking about) always supposed to be on a Monday night?

Anyway, I guess, it will be a 0:0 draw, a dull match, with both sides being afraid to loose.

But maybe, Shels will win 1:0, Chris Bennion with a header in injury time :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lars1916 wrote: »

But maybe, Shels will win 1:0, Chris Bennion with a header in injury time :D
    I suspect if he's going to score for anyone it'll be for us :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I suspect if he's going to score for anyone it'll be for us :p

Ah, c'mon. That guy gets so much of a slagging, he deserves to be cheered up a bit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Alan Cawley less than complimentary about Tolka & Matthews in his RTE column.

All set for our lowest league attendance of the season tonight with Man Utd. on the box.

John Dunleavy out for a month is a big loss. Hope we see a reaction after Fridays shambles.

Prediciton : City 2 - 1 Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Was the match tonight (the one in Dalymount, I'm talking about) always supposed to be on a Monday night?
    Yeah theres a full round on tonight. Been scheduled since the fixtures were released.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Yeah theres a full round on tonight. Been scheduled since the fixtures were released.

And nobody could stop Sky from re scheduling the Everton vs United match? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I always assumed it was on a Friday. Must've forgotten to take into account the FAI Ford Cup fixtures which are on this Friday.

Doubt there'll be a big gate on Friday either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Big game for both Bohs and Shels who are both coming off losses. 0-0 draw. Not expecting much by way of attendance given that Everton V Man United is on TV.

Probably bigger games for both sides on Friday. Neither will claim a European place through the league or go down, so both their seasons hang on Friday's cup games.

Might have been better for these fixtures to be down for last Monday instead of waiting for the first Monday night of the British Barclayscard Premiership starting again. :rolleyes:

Kudos to the FAI.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Probably bigger games for both sides on Friday. Neither will claim a European place through the league or go down, so both their seasons hang on Friday's cup games.

Might have been better for these fixtures to be down for last Monday instead of waiting for the first Monday night of the British Barclayscard Premiership starting again. :rolleyes:

Kudos to the FAI.......

Or even switch the fixtures around. All teams are gonna struggle for attendance tonight. Real shame as the cup draws on Friday more than likely won't have big attendances unless it's a big draw.

Shame.

Or even switch the fixtures around. All teams are gonna struggle for attendance tonight. Real shame as the cup draws on Friday more than likely won't have big attendances unless it's a big draw.

Shame.

In terms of giving teams from minor league automatic home advantage? They do that in Germany, automatic home advantage for all teams, that are not in the Bundesliga or the 2nd League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Cawley article is spot on. Matthews out.

CSF wrote: »

Where can I find it, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I hate this country

It's the way it is.

Its more ridiculous that this was even scheduled to clash with the Utd Match.

Madworld wrote: »
    It's the way it is.

Its more ridiculous that this was even scheduled to clash with the Utd Match.

I don't think, they did that on purpose. Less fans going to the match, less fans buying tickets, having a drink, etc equals less income. Which club can afford that in these days?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm guessing that this Monday was down for fixtures long before any EPL fixtures were just a thought in Scudamore's mind, nevermind it being United in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Not a word of a lie in it.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

He is perfectly right about the feelings, the supporters must have. You remember the glory days, you see performances like the one against Sligo and you get frustrated, disillusioned, depressed, etc.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

He is perfectly right about the feelings, the supporters must have. You remember the glory days, you see performances like the one against Sligo and you get frustrated, disillusioned, depressed, etc.
    It's not even the league position. We are ahead of Cork in the league but they're still in a better position with Tommy Dunne trying to work the ball out from the back

• Advertisement

It's not even the league position. We are ahead of Cork in the league but they're still in a better position with Tommy Dunne trying to work the ball out from the back

Finishing in a safe mid-table spot is sometimes the aim, newly promoted teams to the league have ;)

But seriously, going down 1:0 right after the start is a blow to the morale, you just have to find ways to bounce back, which then needs a manager with motivating skills...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1-0 to City

I have a good feeling tonight. Chris Bennion still keeps a clean sheet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I have a good feeling tonight. Chris Bennion still keeps a clean sheet ;)

Rovers v UCD teams.

A0wsapbCMAAAhuf.jpg#twimg

Rovers 1-0 UCD

Quigley ( again!! )

Cork 1-1 Drogheda

• Advertisement

Rovers 2-0 UCD
    Millien.

Bohs 0-1 Shelbourne.

Some thin person scored.

Shels 1:0 up :D

Bohs 0-1 Shelbourne.

Some thin person scored.

You mean Phillip Hughes? ;)

You mean Phillip Hughes? ;)

Aye.

• Advertisement

Cork 2-1 up

Pats one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sean O' Connor for Pats in the 57th minute!! Whoop Whoop!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sean O' Connor for Pats in the 57th minute!! Whoop Whoop!!

Well. How are things?

Rovers 3-0 UCD
    Boco

Bohs 1-1 Shelbourne

Shels 2:1 up now :)

Kevin Dawson 82nd

Pats win 1-0.

So Bohemians needed a penno in injury time to grab a point? Sorry, but a thing like that always sounds a bit dodgy :mad:

Pathetic. That's what happens when you spend a whole 2nd half trying to defend a one goal with your life, against a team who you'd spent the first half dominating.

Alan Matthews, get out of our club.

Pathetic. That's what happens when you spend a whole 2nd half trying to defend a one goal with your life, against a team who you'd spent the first half dominating.

Alan Matthews, get out of our club.

I read between the lines:
    1. Wrong tactics in the second half
    2. Wrong substitutions

• Advertisement

I read between the lines:
    1. Wrong tactics in the second half
    2. Wrong substitutions
    Matthews doesn't do substitutions. That might involve a gameplan. So annoyed right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just back from dalymount draw was a fair result. we need to stop ****ing hoofin the ball all over the place though...

Updated league table.

leaguetab.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Nice to have 3 points for change. Was needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

So Bohemians needed a penno in injury time to grab a point? Sorry, but a thing like that always sounds a bit dodgy :mad:

Why?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Delighted with the draw, definitely didn't deserve anything more. Some poor finishing cost shels.

Awful refereeing (for both sides) but what's new there.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thrilling stuff at the Cross tonight.:pac:

Drogheda came with same meat-headed tactics they employed 1st game of the season but we stood up to them tonight and rightly got a deserved win.

Heroic performances on the City side to overcome a shocking refereeing performance. I don't care if he was injured, McNally's assault in the 2nd half deserved a red. Ref bottled it.

Feel more positive about Friday after watching that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cheers, Cork :cool:

Great performance tonight from the boys. One step closer to the title :D

Hope Boco stays, he has been class the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Good result. There really is something great in the making in this team. I've seen better Bohs teams in the past 3/4 years who would have succumbed to the cheating of Shels and the inept performance of the ref! We never gave up and got our rewards :-)

• Advertisement

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Good result. There really is something great in the making in this team. I've seen better Bohs teams in the past 3/4 years who would have succumbed to the cheating of Shels and the inept performance of the ref! We never gave up and got our rewards :-)
    Cheating? You for real?

Advertisement