Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 23/24) Aug 17-20, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

a few of the shels players got booked for diving and time wasting if memory serves. I guess that'd count as cheating. (plus that first peno was soft to say the least)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

CSF wrote: »
    Cheating? You for real?

That fat c**t was like a penguin jumping off an iceberg for your "penalty"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Lucan Bohs wrote: »

Casso was fouled for the peno :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lucan Bohs wrote: »

You obviously didn't see the peno so...

Good performance from Shels, played some really decent football at times and was much improved from the game against UCD. Unfortunate we didn't win but we can't blame the manager. 1st goal was Benno's fault and 2nd goal was a stupid place to even put yourself in the position of fouling someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Awful from Dundalk this evening. Pats weren't great either but they deserved their win and probably should have scored a couple more.

We spent the whole evening hoofing it long to our front men which the Pats defence handled with ease. Don't know what's happened to Griffin. Has been very average for six or seven games now. Pretty shitty crowd as well to be honest. Ah well, at least UCD were beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just watched MNS there. I hope Louis Walsh wasn't watching or he'll be signing Pascal to a pre-contract after his performance at the end of the show. What a legend :D.

I hope his hammy wont keep him out too long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Lars1916 wrote: »
    So Bohemians needed a penno in injury time to grab a point? Sorry, but a thing like that always sounds a bit dodgy :mad:

The only dodgy penalty was Shels first one. He should of entered the Olympic diving contest such was prowess in leaping.
    Delighted with the draw, definitely didn't deserve anything more. Some poor finishing cost shels.

Awful refereeing (for both sides) but what's new there.

What decisions did he give our way? Shels were constantly diving and wasting time. Our penalty was a stonewall one. And Cronin should have gotten a second yellow in the first half.
    CSF wrote: »
    Cheating? You for real?

Diving for penalties and constant timewasting maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It was a definite penalty for us, right in line with it from the Des Kelly, 3 Bohs lads hanging out of Casso, and iirc one got a foot in and Casso rightly went down. How you could see it from the Jodi leaves the mind boggled tbh!

Bennions yellow for "time wasting"? Clancy being absolutely minced over at the dug out completely ignored? Some unreal decisions by Alan Kelly and that bald lino!

Shocking attendance as expected, 1,200 max I'd say, 200 Shels in the Des Kelly, 100 over in the end of the Jodi would be my guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Was talking to a few Shels fans on the bus after the game. They were not happy with Cork winning.

dfx- wrote: »
    Was talking to a few Shels fans on the bus after the game. They were not happy with Cork winning.

If our match had of stayed 2-1 it would have been grand, our breathing space is lacking and we've a tough few League games coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

dfx- wrote: »

What are you playing at?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

My prediction was correct.

Lowest attendance of the season. 1,392

Those that chose the comfort of the couch missed out on a "one of those" games that happen a couple of games a season.

Monday nights don't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup, approx 1000 off our gate last night. Cheers fixture makers.

Absolutely brilliant performance from City last night. All the more remarkable that we were playing against 13 men for most of the game. But bad officiating in this league is nothing new is it.

The fact we still got a winner after going down to 10, given the circumstances, showed massive character.

Id say our 3 goals were the sloppiest crappiest goals you will ever see, but they were all very welcome.

5 points off 5th!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Did Glenn Cronin play a full game for Shels last night?

He did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Cheers, Cork :cool:

Great performance tonight from the boys. One step closer to the title :D

Hope Boco stays, he has been class the last month.

Still talk of Cook sniffing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Dub XV wrote: »

He did.

Good stuff he's shaken off that hamstring problem so what was the Dalymount reception like for him?

Good stuff he's shaken off that hamstring problem so what was the Dalymount reception like for him?

I don't remember there being much positive or negitive sounds towards him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

bohsboy wrote: »
    Why?

I wasn't in Dalymount, just had the Extratime updates, so I couldn't really judge, if that was a penno or not. But doesn't it sound suspicious, if a team concedes a vital goal in injury time through a penalty? Maybe not for everybody, but for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Should only have played 40 minutes or so by all accounts. Don't think Bohs fans have anything against him, he gave his all for Bohs and we couldn't afford to keep him.
    I wasn't in Dalymount, just had the Extratime updates, so I couldn't really judge, if that was a penno or not. But doesn't it sound suspicious, if a team concedes a vital goal in injury time through a penalty? Maybe not for everybody, but for me.

Hardly a vital goal in an end of season game between 2 teams guaranteed to finish mid table.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Should only have played 40 minutes or so by all accounts. Don't think Bohs fans have anything against him, he gave his all for Bohs and we couldn't afford to keep him.

Hardly a vital goal in an end of season game between 2 teams guaranteed to finish mid table.

A vital goal for me, because:
    1. It was a derby match
    2. Shels would have been 5th in the table, above Bohs.

Not sure though, if the Shels vs Bohs match is a 'big' derby...given the attendance yesterday, maybe not :(

A vital goal for me, because:
    1. It was a derby match
    2. Shels would have been 5th in the table, above Bohs.

Not sure though, if the Shels vs Bohs match is a 'big' derby...given the attendance yesterday, maybe not :(

As a Bohs fan I would have Bohs v Rovers and Bohs v Pats ahead of it, it was briefly a big derby in the Ollie Byrne days. 5th in a league of 11 teams. Neither side have any hope of a top 3 finish and 4th is extremely unlikely, nothing matters beyond those positions.

As a Bohs fan I would have Bohs v Rovers and Bohs v Pats ahead of it, it was briefly a big derby in the Ollie Byrne days. 5th in a league of 11 teams. Neither side have any hope of a top 3 finish and 4th is extremely unlikely, nothing matters beyond those positions.

Maybe, I see things a bit different, maybe that's because I'm from Germany, where you still play for pride and glory, in terms of finishing the table ahead of other local rivals...no matter, where you are in the table ;)

Maybe, I see things a bit different, maybe that's because I'm from Germany, where you still play for pride and glory, in terms of finishing the table ahead of other local rivals...no matter, where you are in the table ;)

With Bohs it may be that our only expectations were avoiding relegation so it's been a great season either way.

With Bohs it may be that our only expectations were avoiding relegation so it's been a great season either way.

Shels might think the same, since they were newly promoted. I guess, it doesn't happen that often, that a team gets promoted and wins the title straight away ;)

Shels might think the same, since they were newly promoted. I guess, it doesn't happen that often, that a team gets promoted and wins the title straight away ;)

No, they already had the squad for mid table with an outside shot at a Euro qualification push, don't forget that they were cup finalists last year. Anyway all I'm saying is that it's crazy to think that there's something strange about a penalty in as unimportant a game as that. Don't forget Shels got a penalty as well and should have had a player sent off.

No, they already had the squad for mid table with an outside shot at a Euro qualification push, don't forget that they were cup finalists last year. Anyway all I'm saying is that it's crazy to think that there's something strange about a penalty in as unimportant a game as that. Don't forget Shels got a penalty as well and should have had a player sent off.

But how many times did Shels concede a penno, which was soft, or maybe a joke? Like the one against Sligo, which I actually witnessed...not that that penno turned the match, just mentioning ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Interstingly, despite us being second from bottom, that was the first time we've lost a game by more than two goals this season. Indeed, with some better finishing this season, we would be comfortably mid table I'd say. The next two games against Bray and Dundalk are gonna be massive.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Goal was important to the fans, we went nuts celebrating it, and the players certainly enjoyed it, but wasn't a vital goal regardless.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭- bo -

Goal was important to the fans, we went nuts celebrating it, and the players certainly enjoyed it

Yep :cool:
    555667_10152018014180702_302599632_n.jpg

- bo - wrote: »

ha **** im in that pic (consider it nicked!)

well taken goal to be fair!

DrumSteve wrote: »

Are you in the mascot's costume? :D

;)

Are you in the mascot's costume? :D

;)

Ha I'd say it'd be good work if you could get it.

Ha I'd say it'd be good work if you could get it.

And very entertaining, too. Like celebrating a goal in front of the visitor's end and then legging it across the pitch :D

And very entertaining, too. Like celebrating a goal in front of the visitor's end and then legging it across the pitch :D

Ha yeah, we should get this guy too:

• Advertisement

Ha yeah, we should get this guy too:

Luis Suarez joining Bohs? I doubt it :D

;)

Luis Suarez joining Bohs? I doubt it :D

;)

I think Dinny has a better strike rate.

Would you actually consider Pats bigger rivals? I think the fact that Shels spent so long in the First Sivision diminished the rivalry considerably.

Do you remember the return of the Crowe, Hawkins and Ryan. There was pure unadulterated venom in the air that night. I would even go so far as to say that Shels were very close to Rovers in terms of hatred back in the days of Ollie.

With regards Pat's I would say most Bohs fans actually like them. (even if they are smacked out gear heads) ;)

- bo - wrote: »

Don't think that was taken down beside Section F & G though. :P

It's close I suppose, nothing compares to Rovers, pre and post the Ollie era Shels wasn't a big game. Bohs - Pats is a friendly rivalry but I think it's a bigger derby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Madworld wrote: »
    Would you actually consider Pats bigger rivals? I think the fact that Shels spent so long in the First Sivision diminished the rivalry considerably.

Do you remember the return of the Crowe, Hawkins and Ryan. There was pure unadulterated venom in the air that night. I would even go so far as to say that Shels were very close to Rovers in terms of hatred back in the days of Ollie.

With regards Pat's I would say most Bohs fans actually like them. (even if they are smacked out gear heads) ;)

I think the derbies are fluid.

I personally would have Bohs as the third derby. Rovers v Pats first by a long way, Rovers v Shels second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I seen this on backpage football's twitter. Who is the fella top left? :D

A0x59phCcAAN2qj.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

A0x59phCcAAN2qj.png:large

An absolute legend who follows Shels up and down the country with those teddies!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Pretty sure I can pick meself and the nephew out too. Left of the pillar, facing the other way already for some reason... :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    An absolute legend who follows Shels up and down the country with those teddies!!! :D

Vinny and his teddies! A Bohs fan asked me last night actually about that picture and Vinny! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

SantryRed wrote: »
    Dude never misses an away match - Derry, Salthill, Limerick, Cork, Wexford - the teddies have been all over the country.
    Were they on the European trips in the last decade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Did Burns come on for McNulty after he got sent off? Or was it Brownie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

yeah, hilarious to be making fun of a man who obviously isn't the full shilling.

Des wrote: »
    yeah, hilarious to be making fun of a man who obviously isn't the full shilling.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking at the replays on Shels tv, Casso appears to be outside the box when the starts falling, Bohs defenders backed off once he hit the box.

Couldn't tell if there was any actual foul cause vimeo is choppy as hell on my computer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement