Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 23/24) Aug 17-20, 2012

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Both pennos appear to be very soft to me, but the 1:1? Looked a bit offside, was watching it a couple of times now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

It was a definite penalty for us, right in line with it from the Des Kelly, 3 Bohs lads hanging out of Casso, and iirc one got a foot in and Casso rightly went down. How you could see it from the Jodi leaves the mind boggled tbh!

Bennions yellow for "time wasting"? Clancy being absolutely minced over at the dug out completely ignored? Some unreal decisions by Alan Kelly and that bald lino!

Shocking attendance as expected, 1,200 max I'd say, 200 Shels in the Des Kelly, 100 over in the end of the Jodi would be my guess.

http://vimeo.com/47963495

Cassidy should be banned retroactively for two or three matches for that dive.

Granted our peno at the end, despite the contact, was extremely soft. That doesn't take away from the fact that Matthews set Shels to go out to cheat, dive and time-waste as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Madworld wrote: »
    http://vimeo.com/47963495

Cassidy should be banned retroactively for two or three matches for that dive.

Granted our peno at the end, despite the contact, was extremely soft. That doesn't take away from the fact that Matthews set Shels to go out to cheat, dive and time-waste as much as possible.

Few points:

1 - I wish our manager was that tactically well up

2 - I still believe it was a foul at worst. I was at the corner flag. The defender ran across the back of Casso and clipped his leg. Was blatant even if there was no intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dub XV wrote: »

2 - I still believe it was a foul at worst. I was at the corner flag. The defender ran across the back of Casso and clipped his leg. Was blatant even if there was no intent.

May have been a foul outside the box but he ran on and then took a dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Casso cut across the defend for a reason, to lure him in to foul him! Happens all the time ffs! You can't see if from the Vimeo, but on the night, right in line with it, it did look like there was contact, minimal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Looking at the highlights on that link, Cassidy without doubt dived for that. Should have been booked instead of being awarded a peno. I don't blame the officials though. In real time, he tumbled well. Double blow as well for Bohs because even if the officials didn't warrant it a dive, it still should have only been a free kick because he started to dive outside the box.

Bohs peno was a definte peno. Lovely finish from MacMillan for Bohs' first goal.

Has to be said, the Bohs fans sing the ****test songs in the whole of the league. From Johnny Logan's 'Hold Me Now' to possibly the worst song ever written which is of course Spandau Ballet's horrific 'Gold', f*cking delighted i don't support that shower!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Casso cut across the defend for a reason, to lure him in to foul him! Happens all the time ffs! You can't see if from the Vimeo, but on the night, right in line with it, it did look like there was contact, minimal though.

This is football, not gymastics. He dived, end of story. You's got a lucky break on that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

monkey9 wrote: »
    Looking at the highlights on that link, Cassidy without doubt dived for that. Should have been booked instead of being awarded a peno. I don't blame the officials though. In real time, he tumbled well. Double blow as well for Bohs because even if the officials didn't warrant it a dive, it still should have only been a free kick because he started to dive outside the box.

Bohs peno was a definte peno. Lovely finish from MacMillan for Bohs' first goal.

Has to be said, the Bohs fans sing the ****test songs in the whole of the league. From Johnny Logan's 'Hold Me Now' to possibly the worst song ever written which is of course Spandau Ballet's horrific 'Gold', f*cking delighted i don't support that shower!!

"here to see the shelbourne, you're only here to see the shelbourne"
    I never knew what this smiley was for but now I know. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Neither were pens tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been away from a computer since Monday but what a great game V Shels on Monday night. The quality wasn't particularly great but the drama was intense.

Very enjoyable stuff. Shels and conceding late goals eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That_Guy wrote: »
    Been away from a computer since Monday but what a great game V Shels on Monday night. The quality wasn't particularly great but the drama was intense.

It's what we do :o

I really enjoyed it to be honest.......up to a point (92nd min). And I was delighted to hear the EPL game on the box was sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That_Guy wrote: »

Thought we only did that in Tolka but it looks like that show is going on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cracking game on Monday night. Not the most technical game ever, but if any randomer was dragged along they'd have found it absorbing.

Thought we were the btter side, but the performance was more important than the result.

Season rides on tomorrow's cup tie.

PS:Still AM out. ;)

Advertisement