Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Angela's sligo

• 16-08-2012 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

My daughter hopes to get offered a place here to study home ecomonics from September 2012. Anyone on here either going or already attending here? Doesn't seem much info anywhere about it. It's all she has ever wanted to do and she has got more than the required points but I'd love more info. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiltwearer

only seeing this now.. i'm a first year in Angelas! what elective is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HBoylan

Hi Kiltwearer,

I'm hoping to attend St Angela's as a mature student next year but it's a big decision and I want to e 100% sure the course is right for me.
    I'm hoping to study Home Ec & Biology. Any insights into the classes and the time table would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiltwearer

it is a big decision but one im delighted to have made.
    im studying home ec and religion and i actually love it.

Any questions? i'll answer no bother for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 dob1234

Hi I'm male and I love home ec and I was wondering If I went to St Angelas College to do home ec teaching, would my job prospects be the same as everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

dob1234 wrote: »
    Hi I'm male and I love home ec and I was wondering If I went to St Angelas College to do home ec teaching, would my job prospects be the same as everyone else?

Its the only place in Ireland where you can study Home ec. so youd be no different to anyone else in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 dob1234

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Perfection.101

@Kiltwearer how did you find 1st year studying home economics and religion? im thinking of going down next year for the same elective so any info on the course would be great!! ive heard its very tough and intensive, is there much out-of-class work/homework/assignments? what is religion like? I've also heard that they send you a list before you start with equipment you need to get, by any chance do you know what kind of things were on it?

thanks!

Advertisement