Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website/server idea for rF2 - Please comment

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

So I have this idea for rF2.

Please forgive the long post and please try to read it all =)

I am thinking that I should rent a rF2 server or 2. I have started working on a website, but I just don't have that much time so it will take a while. The basic idea is, have a calendar on the website where members can sign up for different event's and also book server for different rF2 event's. Kinda like a very basic version of iRacing but for rF2, would that work? Was hoping that the cost of the server/servers could be covered by ads if there is hits on the site to cover that.

I think this could be a good and fun idea but it could also be that its just me that thinks that hehe. So my question is, would you use a service like that for rF2 if there was one? Aiming to have it for no cost for the users, or just to cover server rental cost maybe have a members fee like 1€/month just to cover the costs. Still not sure and trying to get all my ideas down on paper. But the aim would be to have a service for all rF2 people that is VERY cheap/free and very good.

Idea list so far
    • Calendar function for rF2 events
    • Server booking
    • League server bookings with sub pages for that league
    • Member sections for blogs, reviews, setup sharing and tips (really want to work on this one
    • Forum
    • Sim racing related news (would love if virtualr had its own API)

Site: www.homesimracing.com
    But as I wrote, I am developing the site now so loads of stuff will look out of place and they will not work. A lot is just testing at the moment.

Please give me feedback on what you think, please please please =)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sounds good, I'd be interested. May need to get the ball rolling so I'll do up a signature for boards :)

Website looks well too btw

Advertisement