Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redevelopment of Brewery Road/Leopardstown Junction

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Aard wrote: »
    Ask DLR! I imagine a signalised junction can manage traffic flows better than a roundabout. Especially when coordinated with neighbouring traffic signals.

Edit: It's also part of adding a new entrance to the industrial estate. And making it safer to cross on foot.

OK. It's just that I use it all the time and it seems to work fine!

Must be more pressing road issues to address in DL - like the very dangerous Blackglen Road - to mention just one of several.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you feel that there's an issue there, you should get on to your local councillor.

If you feel that there's an issue there, you should get on to your local councillor.

I don't know whether there is or not. The "upgrade" of the N31/M50 junction isn't listed on the DL website as a project at all.

The Blackglen Road (and several others) are listed but "subject to funding".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

OK. It seems to be connected to a proposed new entrance to the Sandyford Industrial Estate.

Now it makes sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Itll be done in 2016/17 once the removal of the racecourse roundabout is complete, so was said at the briefings anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

The existing Leopardstown Roundabout, at the junction with Brewery Road, will be permanently replaced with a new signalised junction on Tuesday 2nd February. Switch-over will take place after the morning peak period (10:00am)
    It should be noted that following the switch-over, there will be no right turn allowed from Leopardstown Road East (from N11) onto Brewery Road or from Burton Hall Road onto Leopardstown Road West (towards the M50).

Also, for a short period following the switch-over, to facilitate on-going construction works, there will be no left turn from Leopardstown Road West (M50) onto Burton Hall Road.

Traffic coming from the M50 will be able to access Sandyford Business District by turning left onto Burton Hall Link Road.

In addition there will be temporary arrangements in place for pedestrians and cyclists until the construction works are fully completed in early March.

see attachments for more details plans of how to get around by car, bike, walk, or helicopter.
    And exactly what junction restrictions will be in place.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    see attachments for more details plans of how to get around by car, bike, walk, or helicopter.

Can't load the attachments...but was through there today and progress is rapid.

Amazing what they can do at such a junction and still keep traffic flowing...fair play. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't load the attachments...but was through there today and progress is rapid.

Amazing what they can do at such a junction and still keep traffic flowing...fair play. ;)

Eh, the changes that poster rameire is talking about above happen next Tuesday (Feb. 2nd) at or about 11 a.m., I suggest you hold off on a verdict until you see how you fare out under the new setup.

Note that new junction layouts can take a few weeks to tweak until the lights reach an optimum and fair (to all traffic) cycle, the junction at the bottom of Newtownpark Ave. took a few weeks to get it right, even though they removed the dedicated lane for outbound traffic turning right.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Eh, the changes that poster rameire is talking about above happen next Tuesday (Feb. 2nd) at or about 11 a.m., I suggest you hold off on a verdict until you see how you fare out under the new setup.

Eh, what I said was the junction is working well right now, even as it is under construction :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

But it is a fair point, i plan to avoid it for at least a week until the new pattern has settled in, with the best will in the world it is going to need major tweaking and bedding in, not to mention drivers who are oblivious to the new right turn bans and stop in the junction and cause problems

Made it from Sandyford business park through the new junction to Westwood at 5:30 in 5 minutes. Great improvement for those coming through the routes that never had a chance with the relentless traffic coming from the M50.

Holding them at bay now 😀

Advertisement