Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this bill package

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hello there,

I am currently with o2 and I pay €79 per month for a bill phone and mobile broadband.

My bill phone allows me 350mins p/m, 150texts p/m and 1GB of data (free weekend/evening calls to any network) and my mobile broadband allows 15GB per month.

My 18 month contract expired last week and I informed o2 that I would be leaving mainly because my monthly bill was too expensive.

They have subsequently offered me a Samsung Galaxy S3 for free with the exact same package as above for €65 per month if I sign up for a 24 month contract.

Just wondering what you think of this new offer?

Thanks for your time and any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think O2's plans are both dear and dont offer much (especially in the data department) but what you've got to consider to is the service. Best advice is to test out other networks using their free pre pay sims. Check out their signals where you live work and play and note who's good and bad. That way you can get an idea of who you can go to and personally I think there's a lot of better offers out there then the current O2 ones.

At the very least you could use the other offers to leverage a better deal from O2.

As an example you can get a free galaxy s3 with Three and 400mins, 500sms and unlimited mobile data as well as a free add-on such as unlimited landline calls any time of the day and free calls to other three numbers as well as free inclusive roaming in the UK and northern ireland (as well as 6 other countries incl Australia and Hong Kong) all for 60.99 per month and their are numerous other better offers from other networks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I think O2's plans are both dear and dont offer much (especially in the data department) but what you've got to consider to is the service. Best advice is to test out other networks using their free pre pay sims. Check out their signals where you live work and play and note who's good and bad. That way you can get an idea of who you can go to and personally I think there's a lot of better offers out there then the current O2 ones.

At the very least you could use the other offers to leverage a better deal from O2.

As an example you can get a free galaxy s3 with Three and 400mins, 500sms and unlimited mobile data as well as a free add-on such as unlimited landline calls any time of the day and free calls to other three numbers as well as free inclusive roaming in the UK and northern ireland (as well as 6 other countries incl Australia and Hong Kong) all for 60.99 per month and their are numerous other better offers from other networks too.

I didn't get a free add on for landline calls with 3. They don't offer this any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not on the two lower plans but it's available on the higher plans. I was able to get it on their site a second ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

In my opinion a 24 month contract is too long. Prices for mobile telephony service are likely to decrease considerably in that time, 4G will be out (?) and your phone may be lost/stolen/broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I agree with ballooba. A 24 month is too long for a mobile phone contract.

I would always advise friends/family to go for a 12 month contract. 18 months at a push.

• Advertisement
Advertisement