Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 desktop admin courses

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭

is it worth starting them now as Microsoft is culling them in july 2013.

whats the chances of getting both exams before then using home study.

Starting in September and doing one before exam Christmas and one after.

Aiming for this

MCTS certification
    taking 70-680 and 70-681

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

well, 70-680 and 70-681 together dont get the MCITP Desktop Administrator, for that you need the 680 and 686, or for the enterprise support tech you need the 680 and 685.

I took the 680 last december and passed at 970, it is a pretty easy exam. If you have spent any time working with win7 then you should be grand, however, make sure you have an overview of deployment, read up on technet and you will be fine. Took the 685 in July and passed on 861, it is a harder exam and you need to know a good bit about event viewer and remote admin as well as supporting mobile and remote workers.

The 686 exam seems to be mostly about deployment services so you need to have a very good understanding about them as well as things like app locker, app-v and security controls and under which circumstances to use which system.

If you start working on it and use the MS Press books and practice exams, there is no reason that you couldnt get yourself an MCITP for Win 7 before they are phased out. I would advise to go for either of the two MCITP options instead of just getting 2 MCTS's.

Best of luck with it all, hit me up on PM if you need anything more.

Advertisement