Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy venison in Dublin

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am having some friends over for dinner and wanted to cook some venison steaks. Problem is i have no idea where to buy them, i don't recall ever noticing them in my local butchers or supermarket.

Would the likes of Fallon & Byrnes or anywhere city center have them?

Any advice would be most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

You might struggle to get it in many places at this time of the year as the deer hunting season hasn't started yet (think it starts in September). I don't know if there's farmed venison around, but F&B would certainly be a good place to start, and Donnybrook Fair sometimes have it. I'd get on the blower rather than making a wasted journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Downeys butcher in Terenure is good for all sorts of game and more exotic meat.

I agree with the advice to rung first to find out what is in stock, before venturing out to the burbs.

http://www.organicfoodsireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

venison? thats very deer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Marks & Spencer usually have venison steaks as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got venison steaks in M&S two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Superquinn Lucan stocks them all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Superquin Sutton and Swords always have them. The haunch is amazing *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jojo34

there was a deal recently on grab one for venison from a company called Belmont organic venison. Think the deal is over now. you could try a google search for them

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

We get them in M&S. Love venison :)

Advertisement