Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Manufacturers - A quick question

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I've to replace the rear discs and pads on my car.

What manufacturers do the best quality brakes. I'm not looking to get the cheapest. I got brembo discs on the front so now am looking at getting them for the rear also.

The motor factors said they can get Brembo discs but not pads.

Recommend me some good pad manufacturers please.... No period jokes please :pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Cheers for the link. Just checked if they have them for my car. The only rear pads coming up for my car on that site are Veco. Never heard of them and are a little too cheap for my liking!
    OSI wrote: »
    What are you putting them on?

You can get some pretty decent Pagid break pads, like the RS series, but not much point in putting them on a Mondeo/Octavia etc...

Well mine wouldn't be far from a Mondeo/Octavia. It's an A4 TDi Quattro... But I'd still like to stop it quickly enough when I have to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Anyone know anything about Apec? I've been quoted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Magown3 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Apec? I've been quoted for them.

I had them and found them rubbish tbh....
    Changed them twice in a couple of months along with the discs

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Mintex seem to be the norm and last well. Or if you're going to flash the cash try here... http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/brakes (Just give them an Irish VAT number too, save yourself a few extra quid, use your imagination as where to get one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Seanieke wrote: »
    Mintex seem to be the norm and last well

Ya, i find them alot better than apec

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Veco and Apec are utter sh1te. I wouldn't fit them if you gave them to me for free.

We have also had a lot of problems with Mintex pads recently (noise and vibration) to the extent that I have stopped supplying them.

I would recommend any of the following as being good quality:

Ferodo
    Brembo
    TRW
    ATE
    Pagid
    Jurid
    Textar
    Bosch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

If you really want to push the boat out, Endless would be top of my.list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Wouldn't buy them for the rear, excellent but for the rear of a diesel they are complete overkill. I'd go with something OEM standard

Advertisement