Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painted Floor

• 16-08-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, a few years back i couldnt afford to replace lino on my kitchen floor so we came up with the idea to paint the floor, it looked fab but has worn in certain places like at the back door etc, so we decided again to repaint the floor, only this time we couldnt find the initial brand we used, so himself goes off to the hardware store and comes back with what they recommended, no need for primer, just paint away and its touch dry in 2 hours. We went away for a few days expecting all to be well when we arrived home only to find the bloody floor still tacky, now 2 weeks later the chairs are sticking to the floor and the paint is lifting, its actually driving me cracked and something needs to be done before there's a divorce! Any thoughts folks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Hi Folks, a few years back i couldnt afford to replace lino on my kitchen floor so we came up with the idea to paint the floor, it looked fab but has worn in certain places like at the back door etc, so we decided again to repaint the floor, only this time we couldnt find the initial brand we used, so himself goes off to the hardware store and comes back with what they recommended, no need for primer, just paint away and its touch dry in 2 hours. We went away for a few days expecting all to be well when we arrived home only to find the bloody floor still tacky, now 2 weeks later the chairs are sticking to the floor and the paint is lifting, its actually driving me cracked and something needs to be done before there's a divorce! Any thoughts folks?

What was the brand & type of the paint initially used and the stuff you just put on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Was the new stuff 2 pack if so maybe you forgot the activator.

Advertisement