Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Another good sunday spin lads, great laugh LOL.

Goodlad, sorry for putting the hammer down, had to get home before dinner time - she had my food dished out just as I got in the door :)

ha! Sure its not a bother man. I was sitting comfortable at 150kmh. I seen you tear by me and all that was in my mind was duke nukem saying balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

KTRIC wrote: »
    Had a blast lads :)
    Are you sure?
    Are you sure?
    Are you sure? LOL
    goodlad wrote: »
    ha! Sure its not a bother man. I was sitting comfortable at 150kmh. I seen you tear by me and all that was in my mind was duke nukem saying balls of steel.

I dunno about that lol, I was thinking about the world of **** I would be in if I was late for dinner! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was a good day over all, shame leppla's bike was playing up a tad. It absolutely lashed rain by the time I got home....was home for at 6ish after getting pissed on all the way from the break up point, but was dry as a bone thanx to the new rain gear.

Major bike clean needed to be done now and covered in ACF-50.

Yeah great spin!cold tho!

Was funny as fcuk when the rubberbandits with the horse's took over the road for about 10mins and one of the horse's try to mount goodlad. Must of taught his SV was a blue stallion or some ****!

:D:D:p

• Advertisement

I nearly got taking out of it by a spooked horse once!
    the ****er riding the horse was on the phone and I ending up having to open the throttle when the horse reared up and jumped in front of me!
    The DRZ let a big pop out of the exhaust and the horse went more bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Memorable ride!

I felt like I was in a western movie, herding horses on my bike.

Memorable ride!

I felt like I was in a western movie, herding horses on my bike.

LOL, for a 1st ride it was a tad mental wizard. Hopefully we see you out and about weekly, there are a few mad lads that come out with us that were not even there on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was a good day over all, shame leppla's bike was playing up a tad.

Thats prob cos he didnt do a good job of balancing the carbs on Friday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Thats prob cos he didnt do a good job of balancing the carbs on Friday :p

Thats a fact. Its cos I was being rushed.

Worked on the bike last night. The front cylinder was not running as water got in at it from spray off the front wheel. (Known problem on the SV once you go looking.) Got it back up and running last light :D:D

Not sure if it is 100% back to itself but I will get someone to check it out tis evening.

I am in the process of ordering a front fendor extender to prevent this from happening again. It is also recommended to cover the plug cap in dielectric grease to prevent water getting in. Anyone here of this stuff before??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

leppla wrote: »

Worked on the bike last night. The front cylinder was not running as water got in at it from spray off the front wheel. (Known problem on the SV once you go looking.) Got it back up and running last light :D:D

Not sure if it is 100% back to itself but I will get someone to check it out tis evening.

I am in the process of ordering a front fendor extender to prevent this from happening again. It is also recommended to cover the plug cap in dielectric grease to prevent water getting in. Anyone here of this stuff before??

Good to hear you got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

also called 'battery grease' afaik, and well worth doing. Fender extender probably do the bulk of it, but the grease is just a couple of quid

So the tampon solution did not work? :D

Wossack wrote: »
    also called 'battery grease' afaik, and well worth doing. Fender extender probably do the bulk of it, but the grease is just a couple of quid

Ah grand thanks I will look that up. just did not want to put the wrong stuff on and cause problems.

So the tampon solution did not work? :D
    Oh you meant put it in that hole :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Any spinny spin tomorrow?

Bit icey out there still and its midday. Ill decide later if ill chance it tomorrow:o

You will be grand tomorrow man....we will stay off the real quiet back roads Joe. Might have to bump the time up as its getting dark now at 4:30 and we meet at 12 and again we have a yap and a fry its 1pm.

So I think we meet at 11 instead of 12 tomorrow whaddyathink lads?

You will be grand tomorrow man....we will stay off the real quit back roads Joe. Might have to bump the time up as its getting dark now at 4:30 and we meet at 12 and again we have a yap and a fry its 1pm.

So I think we meet at 11 instead of 12 tomorrow whaddyathink lads?

11 is fine with me.

I'll try to be in Naas at 10:30 and will leave at 10:45 to meet up with the rest at Kilcock.

Grand job, was out in the garden for 2 hrs scrubbing that bike it was so dirty. Have not cleaned it in about 2mths...so major clean with warm mild soapy water then dried it off. On with the Vulcanet wipes to buff a shine and covered in ACF50 for the final clean.

Its very good stuff that...its like trying to pick up an egg of the floor when it hits metal....lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I wont be out tomorrow lads :mad:

Have a good one anyway;)

Wont be out either
    enjoy

No probs lads....see you next week maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Watch out for any frost and ice on wet/damp shaded roads tomorrow lads.....icey night ahead of you all tonight.

Nice little spin today for myself lads. I hope its just a new bulb i need for the headlight. I started to feel the cold on the way back as I approached mullingar. I expecting Daytona hot grips in the post next week:) 40 euro from louis.de. The weather really changed quickly out there today and without the head light in that fog it would be maddness to continue. Nice to meet 2 new faces & ill see you all again soon.

Literally just in the door now! Was pouring down all the way home, still made it in good time though. Another great spin, even though the weather wasn’t that great! That road to Ardee is just too much fun :D.

We have done that road now in all weather conditions but that took the biscuit today. The fog was just mental and we really should have eased off a tad, who was leading the HOOLIGAN! But yeah it was a great spin, @ Richard Tea how the fcuk did you drive from athboy to kells in that fog with the visor open? You had eyes like a bottle of tomato sauce ffs!

See you next week at the earlier time it does make a difference, and the brekkie was yummy.

We have done that road now in all weather conditions but that took the biscuit today. The fog was just mental and we really should have eased off a tad, who was leading the HOOLIGAN! But yeah it was a great spin, @ Richard Tea how the fcuk did you drive from athboy to kells in that fog with the visor open? You had eyes like a bottle of tomato sauce ffs!

See you next week at the earlier time it does make a difference, and the brekkie was yummy.

Lol, I had no choice. Somehow the inside of the visor got fogged up bad and it wouldnt clear enough for me. The chunk of mud hitting me on the cheek bone was worse than my eye:D & I wont go into detail of how runny my nose got:eek:

The tape loosened on the light switch so I prob had no headlight all the way home & I passed a Garda car at mullingar:P
    There are some nice bends on the road from delvin to mullingar ( N52 )

I get back to yiz about next sunday but its doubtful. Ill have to check roster.:(

You dont give yourself enough credit Joe you really dont. The conditions today were piss poor and you were out and about no bother at all, that takes balls so fair play. Put a lot of more experienced bikers to shame you would. Try to get out as much as you can and please get a fookin sat nav for xmas your sense of direction is piss poor ;)

See you next week hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Good spin today! Freezing fog made it pretty exciting at times.

Advertisement