Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good spin today! Freezing fog made it pretty exciting at times.

And some!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was out early yesterday, nice weather but cold and damp. One of those days where the back roads just stay wet all day, the one I was on was horrible.
    I'd say it would have been interesting to head up to the sally gap. At what point would you have to turn around and head back?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I just found the little bird I hit with my mirror on Sunday, in the fecking belly pan! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I just found the little bird I hit with my mirror on Sunday, in the fecking belly pan! :eek:

If its a Robbin red breast, you've ruined Christmas:mad:

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Was it a flightless bird ffs...

• Advertisement

If its a Robbin red breast, you've ruined Christmas

Went over the garden wall before my little one could say whats that Daddy! She was beside me when I found it! So xmas is still safe!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was it a flightless bird ffs...

It is now!

Yeah let the neighbours little one find the dead bird.....lol

I bought a new bulb for 7.50 & this didnt solve the problem. ( at least I have a spare now ). I took the headlight switch thingy ma gig apart and looked for any loose connection and sprayed some wd40. Not sure what was the problem but it worked anyway. As regards the front indicators staying on all the time- im not sure if this is a problem. I watched some youtube vids on Hondas & the indicator lights are also on constantly.

When the pass switched worked and the actual hi lo button did not that eliminated the bulb for a start Joe. I would say the freezing fog made the housing a tad wet and the connections got soaked and would not work. Thats why I said give it a dart with the WD-40 to disperse the water....it will not sort the problem for good so maybe see can you get a new housing if thats possible.

I dont think they were constantly on before Joe, I would have spotted that. But surely if the front indicators stay on constantly the back would aswell? Just looks odd but no big deal, just make sure the light is working everytime you are going out Joe, that is really important in the season we are in as it gets dark now at 4:30 or so.

And for the love of god get something for the visor to stop it misting up on the inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I took the pinlock visor out of my old helmet and put it on my new one. I missed it SOOOO much on Sunday.

• Advertisement

They are great....I got a water repellent solution with my HJC lid when I got it. And I smear it on the outside of my Arai and HJC and it makes the water bead like mad, in turn it runs off alot better. Another good cost effective solution is to use "pledge" on the outside of the visor, works a treat too.

Unfortunately will not be out tomorrow lads, normal services will resume next week. Enjoy the spin meant to be a half decent day.....;)

Did anyone head out for a spin? Its baltic out there. It will be the new year before im out again:( It will give me the time to service the bike and fit my heated grips i suppose.

P.s, As regards the visor fogging up. Im thinking the best option is one of those foggy things that redirects your breath. There is already an anti-fog coating on the visor & I cant add any chemicals to it.

Did anyone head out for a spin? Its baltic out there. It will be the new year before im out again:( It will give me the time to service the bike and fit my heated grips i suppose.

P.s, As regards the visor fogging up. Im thinking the best option is one of those foggy things that redirects your breath. There is already an anti-fog coating on the visor & I cant add any chemicals to it.

Dont know if any one had a blast on sunday tbh...i could not get out so i had a run on monday for a bit. The cross winds yesterday were mental around meath very strong. Might see u this week joe....might not be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Dont know if any one had a blast on sunday tbh...i could not get out so i had a run on monday for a bit. The cross winds yesterday were mental around meath very strong. Might see u this week joe....might not be that bad.

Its getting really cold out now lads, giz an extra jumper Wonda:D

Yep, stick the waterproofs on over the textiles and you sorted Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Yep, stick the waterproofs on over the textiles and you sorted Graham.

Will take me about half an hour to get into the onesy :D:D:D

Just tuck "IT" into your sock mate...that will sort it. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

You must be talking about that BABYGRO thing.
    See you sunday

You must be talking about that BABYGRO thing.
    See you sunday
    Keeps him dry!
    wtf-pics-fetish-is-poor.jpg

• Advertisement

WTF Blu3....the that the afro american equivalent to the michelin man!

Was out and about on Sunday with Leppla, was a tad slippy under foot/tyre. Just flew over to Kildare to Lookbehindyou for a cuppa and a yap.

Was out and about on Sunday with Leppla, was a tad slippy under foot/tyre. Just flew over to Kildare to Lookbehindyou for a cuppa and a yap.

Changed the fork oil to 10wt on sunday and then had the kids for the rest of the day so I wasnt allowed to come out to play :( Will try to come out this Sunday.

The 10wt oil made some diference to handling, you should definately do it on yours too, the dive is not as quick as it was before. Took me about 30-40 minutes to do.

Is there that much of a difference? Hmm, will have a look at yours next week plz god.

Is there that much of a difference? Hmm, will have a look at yours next week plz god.

Yep massive diference, the dive isn't as quick now and i dont get the wobble on the front wheel coming out of corners hard :o

There is a bit of dive alright...but I dont get the wobble from the front. Then again I dont ride as hard as you on the crotch rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

whens the next sunday spin lads?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm getting my bike back in January and up for a spin then - as long as its not zero degrees!

Did not visit a single person before Xmas so have it all to do now :rolleyes: , have only been out once in the last 2 weeks on the crotch rocket ffs. I will be back out and about for the regular Sunday spins from the 6th onwards.

But I hope to be out on the bike again day after 2morrow, have a panto to go to tomorrow with the ankle biter!!! And its an all day jobbie....OHH NO IT ISNT ;)

Stay safe lads.

• Advertisement

Will not be out Sunday, struck down with this ****ty dose of man flu. Feels like I am on horse antibiotics ffs, they would make an elephants ears shrink the power of them. Till next week guys.

:(:(

Advertisement