Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Will not be out Sunday, struck down with this ****ty dose of man flu. Feels like I am on horse antibiotics ffs, they would make an elephants ears shrink the power of them. Till next week guys.

:(:(

Get well soon. I will be out around wexford and carlow the weekend as I have a few things to do. Should get a few twisty miles in LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Will not be out Sunday, struck down with this ****ty dose of man flu. Feels like I am on horse antibiotics ffs, they would make an elephants ears shrink the power of them. Till next week guys.

Got it christmas eve. Ruined me turkey:(

I went for a cheeky spin the other day after a good clean. Nothing major, just down to enfield and back.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm hoping to get my bike back tomorrow, might be around for a spin in Wicklow if anyone is around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Grow a pair will ya :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got it christmas eve. Ruined me turkey:(

I went for a cheeky spin the other day after a good clean. Nothing major, just down to enfield and back.

Joe you would have to lose both arms and your mouth in a helicopter accident to ruin your turkey ffs! ;)

Good man for getting out and about.

• Advertisement

Grow a pair will ya :p:p:p

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON YOU!!! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone on for a spin tomorrow?? I got the bike back and just feel like getting out. Let em know if anyone wants to head for a quick spin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyone on for a spin tomorrow?? I got the bike back and just feel like getting out. Let em know if anyone wants to head for a quick spin..

Count me in, Sounds like a plan, I really need to get out of the house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Did anyone get out today?

The missus went pillion with a group out the Kilmac route today.

Conditions not fantastic but hey, spin the first week in Jan, not many expected that!

Was up the Wicklow Gap yday with some friends...aside from the rain coming into Laragh, it wasn't bad.

I've to start making some spins before the TT!

Well saturday was the 1st time out in about 3 weeks for many a reason but mostly been sick. Battery was dead on friday night and was due to head to Belfast on Sat with a few mushes off here so charged it for 5 hrs and left it optimising over night. Started on the button sat morning but was not 100% when running, was only firing on 3 cyld for about 1hr and was jittery in low revs for a while longer. I think some cold and wet got down one of the plugs from lying up.

It slowly started to come round after the trip from meath to kilcock and onto trim. So I said the best thing to do would be give it a good blast up the N52 and onto Belfast which certainly blew the cob webs off I tells ya.

Needs a complete wash after the spin with the drizzle and the mucky roads, the dirt is about an inch thick in some parts....lucky I got a new box of vulcanet wipes and a can of ACF 50 sitting here to tackle the job!

Roll on Sunday for another spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

was only firing on 3 cyld for about 1hr

:eek: a few mins would be one thing, but that's a lot of unburnt petrol going through the engine, the danger is the petrol washing away the oil film on the piston rings/bore and causing wear.
    I think some cold and wet got down one of the plugs from lying up.

Heard of that happening fairly often on Bandits left parked on the sidestand in the rain. The water collects in the no.1 (left) cylinder sparkplug hole. There is a drain hole on Bandits which often gets clogged.

Hondas/Kawasakis take the opposite approach of trying to keep the water out in the first place with seals at the top of the HT lead. Don't know what Yamaha do... but if you get a bad misfire again it'd be worth checking out the plug leads/plug holes for damp/wet and trying to dry them off (or use WD40) before riding away.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Yeah, I am gonna check the 4 plug leads after I wash the bike. We did have alot of rain over the xmas and the bike was on the side stand the whole time, I will keep on top of the battery and I wont be leaving it anywhere near the length of time I did before to take it out and start it up.

Cheers for the inside scoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Yeah, I am gonna check the 4 plug leads after I wash the bike. We did have alot of rain over the xmas and the bike was on the side stand the whole time, I will keep on top of the battery and I wont be leaving it anywhere near the length of time I did before to take it out and start it up.

Cheers for the inside scoop.

I dont think you should get any water in there to be honest, as they are sealed, mine is and its a 05 model so I'm assuming yours are as well.

How do you mean "sealed" Blu3?

The plug leads have a rubber top on them alright but they only sit loosely on top of the chamber....they are not sealed so to speak. Or am I missing something here (more then likely)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

How do you mean "sealed" Blu3?

The plug leads have a rubber top on them alright but they only sit loosely on top of the chamber....they are not sealed so to speak. Or am I missing something here (more then likely)

Mine don't sit loosely, two of them were loose but that part moves up and down over the ignition coil, they come down completely over the raised part.

They sit on top of the engine block alright...but they are not water tight. I will push them down as tight as I can get them and spray a light dose of WD40 on them. But I dont think it would stop condensation build up over a long period of time. Last winter I did not have this problem as I never missed a spin so was out at least twice a week on the bike.

Who are the big brave men (or the really stupid men depending on ur outlook lol ) out and about tomorrow for a sausage roll and a grin ????

I would but pints tonight so prolly a non runner tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Not me anyways dude. Sure my bike is still lying up idle since the last time i managed to get out :o

GF is 4 days overdue now so i gotta stay home anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

goodlad wrote: »
    Not me anyways dude. Sure my bike is still lying up idle since the last time i managed to get out :o

GF is 4 days overdue now so i gotta stay home anyways.

An early congrats to you both, hope everything goes well :)

• Advertisement

Who are the big brave men (or the really stupid men depending on ur outlook lol ) out and about tomorrow for a sausage roll and a grin ????

I might be out for a short run. . . . and end up staying till the last as usual

Ah sure we wont leave too early Brian let the freeze warm up a tad, I txt ya later m8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Cant make it myself. Hopefully soon enough

weather is mint today for a spin (as far as i can tell)

next week! lol

Jaysus lads it was cold but the roads were excellant....dry as a bone and I tells ya. Really good day for a spin, it was only myself and leppla for a few hours but we had a good spin.

Roll on next week.....BTW the new Held Air N Dry gloves are a dream to wear in the cold.

Jaysus lads it was cold but the roads were excellant....dry as a bone and I tells ya. Really good day for a spin, it was only myself and leppla for a few hours but we had a good spin.

Roll on next week.....BTW the new Held Air N Dry gloves are a dream to wear in the cold.

Surprisingly great day for a spin. We got the good roads at a far pace. Always good for a catch up over a scram also.

@ wonda-boy the new gloves look the part aswell

The gloves are very good, the HG ones I have are good but after a while the cold gets in, they are only a tad thicker then summer gloves because of the xtra fit but the Held ones are like warm mits, and are extremely fitted so no loss of feeling for the controls.

No issues with the crotch rocket either from last week, started 1st time and 100% from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You should have gone across the gap today :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    You should have gone across the gap today :pac:

After you Sir......:P

• Advertisement

well, i know the weather is pretty pissy right now. close to torrential rain, some good flow on the roads around mine.

but

in the off chance sunday is good, i'm free.

anyone coming from dub northside (killester/artane) and wants to meet up and head to meet others, drop me a PM

Advertisement