Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

leppla wrote: »
    Snowing here in ratoath. Still half thinking of heading out though? Whats it like elsewhere?

OK Kildare area

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was snowing in west dublin all morning, but nothing sticking. But miserable. I'm supposed to head to Naul and someone told me the road is covered in slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would go out in anything but not icy roads, I aint got the skillz for that and no shame in admitting it. Knock it on the head till tomorrow and we do something nice for the ****bank holiday.

YAY....the mint feasts are on Mick :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Sounds spin becomes Monday spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Lads thanks for stopping by today put me on the right track be on the road again in no time. I'll make one of the sunday spins when my football season finishes..unless theres more bank holiday monday spins before then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Vikings wrote: »
    Lads thanks for stopping by today put me on the right track be on the road again in no time. I'll make one of the sunday spins when my football season finishes..unless theres more bank holiday monday spins before then

No prob at all. Nice to meet another head. you will be back on tje road it no time. Bike didnt. Come off to bad and thankfully neither did you.

Grand spin today. Enjoyed getting the bike out after getting the bit of work done to it the weekend. Cold enough today.

Each of ya' s thank your other have for the tea I received at each location LOL

Vikings wrote: »

You are grand m8, I remember needing work done and not being up to speed and its great to have someone give you a hand. Nothing worse then your bike off the road for whatever reason....just make sure its fixed right as you cant be taking chances with the brakes.

See you on the road soon.

On another note it was a durty durty day yesterday, out with Leppla since 10am and did not get back till 8pm. That was in all sorts of weather had 2 close calls in that time, came around a bend in Trim fairly moving and the biggest swan I have seen walking across the fookin road!!!! I taught I was seeing things, dont know where the fcuk it came from. Then an diesel tanker shot its load all over the navan to trim road the smell stayed with me for about 5 mins it was that bad!

Learned alot being out yesterday in that crap weather.....PR3 tyres are a GOD SENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I was working all day and night, sounds like I missed a good day out :(

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I was working all day and night, sounds like I missed a good day out :(

Craic wise I never laughed so much (long story) the weather was piss poor for the 2nd half of the day but with the right gear its no probs. ;)

Picked up a new master cylinder in city spares rooted through a big box of them found an exact match.. score!

Cleaned it up a bit now if the rain would be so kind as to ...go away for an hour I'd be in good shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Ah jaysus i miss these spins, have to get my sh!t in order and get back out again, been having issues with front breaks so did not want to risk going on long spins

Ah jaysus i miss these spins, have to get my sh!t in order and get back out again, been having issues with front breaks so did not want to risk going on long spins

Would you stop issues with the front brakes....the ****in things never get used thats why there are issues. Try riding the bike and they will work!!! :p

I will be out during the week with Leppla if ya fancy a brekkie somewhere mate. Then on Sunday I have a nice spin planned....I will text ya Fri. So dont go doing an Oliver Reed on Sat Bunny :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would you stop issues with the front brakes....the ****in things never get used thats why there are issues. Try riding the bike and they will work!!! :p

I will be out during the week with Leppla if ya fancy a brekkie somewhere mate. Then on Sunday I have a nice spin planned....I will text ya Fri. So dont go doing an Oliver Reed on Sat Bunny :mad:

Lets hope this snow holds off.

No was having problems with front brakes ever since i switched to braided lines, first was bleeding issues and now i have to get the pistons done on both calipers, and there is a slight warp in the left disc:(

Are you sure the disc is warped?
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If it's a fully floating disc then cleaning the bobbins might be worth a try.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I replaced my sticky brake calipers with something a little stronger

Ke6JJmY.jpg

Meant to be a fine day tomorrow, so it will be nice to get out and have a laugh before the **** holiday when the road is plastered with Dentists on BMWs!!!!!

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Meant to be a fine day tomorrow, so it will be nice to get out and have a laugh before the **** holiday when the road is plastered with Dentists on BMWs!!!!!

LOL

Lots of bikers out in Howth today.

Lots of BMWs too...:pac::pac::D

I thought dentists all had light aircraft :)

ninja900 wrote: »
    I thought dentists all had light aircraft :)

They do but they get to them either "on" or "in" BMW's. :P

• Advertisement

Thought you meant BMW bikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Doing a poker run myself tomorrow. First time on the bike in 6 months since I had the accident. Nervous to say the least. Using the OH's bike as mine is still in bits. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Doing a poker run myself tomorrow. First time on the bike in 6 months since I had the accident. Nervous to say the least. Using the OH's bike as mine is still in bits. :o

Best of luck with it mate :)

Wrap up well it'l be a cold one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it mate :)

Wrap up well it'l be a cold one!

Cheers mate. Yeah, only 4C tomorrow?? Brrr... I don't mind, it'll be worth it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Save me some reading time (which could be outdated anyway): who/what/when/where do yee meet and what numbers are there usually? And what do yee do?

Thinking I'll start going to a few...between this ****ty weather and work I've only been biking as a commute these last 4 months.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Thought you meant BMW bikes!

I do mean BMW bikes, they get to the light aircraft either IN the car or ON the bike :pac::pac:

Holy Fook it was a cold one today....maybe it was just me but I was FOOKIN COLD today......great weather for bikes nice clean dry roads and a nice pace we had but my god did I say it was COOOOLLLLLDDD!

You'll have to wait till the almighty post to you "PM sent"

Makes me laugh.:D

Little amuses the mental....

With your EXTENDED list of contacts and being a member certain "other forums" what you want to go out with noobs who cant ride a bike in anyway Tommy?

So you can brag and take the piss, and post up on other forums slagging people behind their backs and then ask them to go for a spin with you. Wait till the summer you will have loads of friends on bikes.

Its been posted up here many times where we meet and what time, mostly its for lads who are learning and need a bit of confidence like myself and the others. Only criteria for the spins are no assholes....GO FIGURE. :rolleyes:

rat_race wrote: »
    Save me some reading time (which could be outdated anyway): who/what/when/where do yee meet and what numbers are there usually? And what do yee do?

Thinking I'll start going to a few...between this ****ty weather and work I've only been biking as a commute these last 4 months.

TBH the numbers have decreased recently with the weather....usually there are anything from 3 (like yesterday) to 10. No route is decided as its not a RIDE OUT so to speak, we meet up at a time that suits everyone at a place that is convenient for most and have a bit of brekkie. Then ask around what way lads wanna go, very relaxed no egos and just a bit of craic.....we have lads coming from Carlow, Cavan, Wicklow and all over Dublin and Meath. So its impossible to post up exact times and routes.....if you wanna go no probs. We post up the day or two before hand and see whats what. If the weather is bad I wont post here at all just text the lads I know will be out in all weathers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

TBH the numbers have decreased recently with the weather....usually there are anything from 3 (like yesterday) to 10. No route is decided as its not a RIDE OUT so to speak, we meet up at a time that suits everyone at a place that is convenient for most and have a bit of brekkie. Then ask around what way lads wanna go, very relaxed no egos and just a bit of craic.....we have lads coming from Carlow, Cavan, Wicklow and all over Dublin and Meath. So its impossible to post up exact times and routes.....if you wanna go no probs. We post up the day or two before hand and see whats what. If the weather is bad I wont post here at all just text the lads I know will be out in all weathers.

Sound. Am from Wicklow myself...will keep an eye out on this thread.

Advertisement