Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nerrad is from Wicklow and is a regular with us....he usually meets the lads coming from Carlow and Kildare at Naas on the way in. What bike are you riding mate? We have lads on 250cc's to Hayabusa's and Blackbirds out with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nerrad is from Wicklow and is a regular with us....he usually meets the lads coming from Carlow and Kildare at Naas on the way in. What bike are you riding mate? We have lads on 250cc's to Hayabusa's and Blackbirds out with us.

Cool...Where about's in Wicklow, Nerrad?

I'm on a Tiger 800 and also have a Ninja 250, so whatever... :)

Would you ever cop on. If you have a NOOb spin well say that. I've helped more people out on bikes than you have had hot dinners. STOP trying to paint a bad picture of me with your above post, you don't know me at all. We had a NOOB run last year set up on this site & everyone enjoyed theirselves but we weren't good enough for you to join us, you had to set up your own run on the same day. Yes I would like to go out on 1 of these spins, that's the point they're just spins.

And you know me!!!! I met you twice and never said a bad word about you.

No, you formed an opinion of me based on others talking trash from another website and they did not like being answered back...and jumped on the band wagon and gave me abuse here and 2 other forums (which I still can get on a see) all because I tried to help another lad starting out. Cutting and pasting from one forum to another and you tell me to cop on....and you said its not your style not a month ago!

And yes, I did not want anything to do with the spin last year it might have been posted here but was mostly members from another forum on the YEARLY ride-out with SOME of them being people I have no time for. I did not organise it for the same day it was on a Sunday that I am out EVERY WEEK. So its you trying to paint a distorted picture.....I mention it all the time the spins are for lads trying to get a bit of confidence.... But you would rather stir the ****.....with your thinly veiled insults. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic......

rat_race wrote: »
    Cool...Where about's in Wicklow, Nerrad?

I'm on a Tiger 800 and also have a Ninja 250, so whatever... :)

AFAIK he is just at Larragh. He has a ninja 250 aswell and just got a GSXR600, you prolly know the lad.

Love the Tigers I do.....I am currently looking for a Triumph Tiger 1050se at the right price with the panniers and ABS. They have a cracker of a Tiger in PhillipMcCallen bikes up north, its pricey but very nice. The VFR 1200's are lovely aswell and the engine and bike have gotten very good reviews apart from the small tank range but the newer version was updated in 2010 and its very pricey. I was on a friends Triumph Sprint `050GT 2 weeks ago for a while and its a very nice bike, IIRC its the same engine as the new tiger 1050 but the Tiger is tuned for lower torque and less high end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Little amuses the mental....

With your EXTENDED list of contacts and being a member certain "other forums" what you want to go out with noobs who cant ride a bike in anyway Tommy?

So you can brag and take the piss, and post up on other forums slagging people behind their backs and then ask them to go for a spin with you. Wait till the summer you will have loads of friends on bikes.

Its been posted up here many times where we meet and what time, mostly its for lads who are learning and need a bit of confidence like myself and the others. Only criteria for the spins are no assholes....GO FIGURE. :rolleyes:

Just out of interest...

How do you decide who is and who is not an asshole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Had a spin out on Easter Sunday to Newcastle Co. Down and right round the Mourne coastal road to Kilkeel, Warrenpoint and then on to Newry. Smashing day weather wise, blue skys and even some sunshine. Cold though, and my feet and hands definitely felt it by Warrenpoint.

I am busting to get a larger bike as I really have to rake the guts out of the CBR125 R to get it going anywhere above 60mph.

Still restricted until Feb 2014 on my licence, so I will just have to wait until then before I upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

FarmersSon wrote: »
    Had a spin out on Easter Sunday to Newcastle Co. Down and right round the Mourne coastal road to Kilkeel, Warrenpoint and then on to Newry. Smashing day weather wise, blue skys and even some sunshine. Cold though, and my feet and hands definitely felt it by Warrenpoint.

I am busting to get a larger bike as I really have to rake the guts out of the CBR125 R to get it going anywhere above 60mph.

Still restricted until Feb 2014 on my licence, so I will just have to wait until then before I upgrade.

Nice one chief, at least you're getting out.

P.C. wrote: »
    Just out of interest...

The same way we always do.....in the past when clowns turn up usually on high powered bikes and are a danger to themselves and others and cant follow basic guidelines for everyones safety we dont involve them again. And we have had alot. And the buck does not stop with me.....there are 3 others who organise the spins too.

There are a fair few lads on here that only started out on bikes and have been out with us and have come a long way. And it aint me they are learning off its the other older riders with alot of experience.

That's a good question.

@ Wonda, since you're a big roadracing fan, I'll take it you'll be at the Dunshaughlin & District Roadracing supporter's club poker run on the 21st of April? Everyone is welcome.

Maybe I will, maybe I wont...would it make me any less of a fan of road racing if I did not make it. I did not see you at the Loughshinney Poker run last year?
    There are alot more passionate road racing fans then me out there and they have not been to every race the last 2 years north and south of the boarder.

What your post has to do with Sunday Spins I dont know......

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Maybe I will, maybe I wont...would it make me any less of a fan of road racing if I did not make it. I did not see you at the Loughshinney Poker run last year?
    There are alot more passionate road racing fans then me out there and they have not been to every race the last 2 years north and south of the boarder.

What your post has to do with Sunday Spins I dont know......

Sure the 21st is a Sunday. And the thread is called Sunday spin!! You have already stated that your out every Sunday.
    In my opinion only an arsehole would then ask what your doing on a Sunday!!

Can't wait for the next Sunday spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Doing a poker run myself tomorrow. First time on the bike in 6 months since I had the accident. Nervous to say the least. Using the OH's bike as mine is still in bits. :o

Forgot to ask how you got on. Did you manage to shake the cobwebs off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

jeez lads all this bickering has put me right off, i have a triumph 900 for the past while and aside from the civvie:P i have no one to ride out with. i was seriously thinking about coming over from clifden for one of the sunday spins but i'm now worrried that may riding will be under scrutiny from all angles and i'll be branded an arsehole, us bikers have enough to worry about everyday on the roads ffs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

serious3 wrote: »
    jeez lads all this bickering has put me right off, i have a triumph 900 for the past while and aside from the civvie:P i have no one to ride out with. i was seriously thinking about coming over from clifden for one of the sunday spins but i'm now worrried that may riding will be under scrutiny from all angles and i'll be branded an arsehole, us bikers have enough to worry about everyday on the roads ffs....

To be fair now. Its only 2 people having a bit of a tiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

goodlad wrote: »
    To be fair now. Its only 2 people having a bit of a tiff.

i can see that but its off-putting for some who's wondering wether to make the trip across for a spin esp if you don't know anyone thats going to be there

i can see that but its off-putting for some who's wondering wether to make the trip across for a spin esp if you don't know anyone thats going to be there

The only way your going to know if its for you or not is to try it out. The argument on this thread has nothing to do with the spin as such its just happening on this thread :confused:

I have been out on pretty much every spin for the last year and I go back out each week as I get on well with the other heads and have a laugh. There is always the same skeleton crew there no matter what the weather etc. Then ya get the others who come out as often as the sun.

We get a new face showing up every few weeks and very rarely would we not see that face out again.

You want to go fast, go fast. You want to go slow go slow. Want to pass other lads then pass other lads.

There are no rules to the spin we just enjoy ourselves. Everybody's capabilities on a bike are different, however ppl who come on the spin need to know there own capabilities and drive within them, to keep everybody safe. Obviously if the group feels in danger by an other rider ppl wont be rushing to invite them out again. Very rarely happens.

There are lads on bikes 30+ years right down to a couple of weeks and the route and pace we take ensures everyone enjoys themselves.

The only person that will scrutinise your riding when on a sunday spin will be you, not one of us. Thats not what the spins are about, if you wanna take one negative from the 30 or so pages of this thread that we are all the assholes and believe certain individuals who like to stir the **** that up to you mate.

And if you were out riding on your own shooting the breeze and was undertakin on the inside of a corner at speed by a biker you too would think he was an asshole....this is the type of thing I am talking about. You would not believe some of the dangerous things that some riders do to impress another group of riders......seriously dangerous stuff. We dont need that...do it on your own if thats your bag. ;)

Sure we are due a trip over to the west soon maybe you can join up with us and judge for yourself.

Sure we are due a trip over to the west soon maybe you can join up with us and judge for yourself.

Longer days now Wonda so we can start the nice long spins again.

Sister has a holiday home in Clifden....think it sleeps 6. Be a shame not to make the most of the situation, Clifden is a fair 'owl slog from Dublin Leppla. Its about a good solid hour past Galway and some of the roads are terrible IIRC. Dont get me wrong Clifden is beautiful and the scenery en route is top notch, deffo have to make a few extra sambos!!!

Im dying to get out on a spin again. Working 7 days a week is ****e :o

Been there done that and I agree with you 100%. Sometimes I miss the extra few quid though.:D

• Advertisement

Never a dull spin when you are with us Gary I tell you that. :eek::eek:

Never a dull spin when you are with us Gary I tell you that. :eek::eek:
    horse-head-mask-25-3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

P.C. wrote: »
    Just out of interest...

If you're a regular to this forum you get a good idea

Man that was terrifying! :eek: Stupid ****ing horse kicking me.

I got my new braces too btw! :D

Man that was terrifying! :eek: Stupid ****ing horse kicking me.

I got my new braces too btw! :D

Horses?? Kicking ??? Ive missed too many spins:eek:

Ah it more more a headbutt. If the thing kicked me i would of deffo come off the bike, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

i have a triumph 900 for the past while and aside from the civvie:P i have no one to ride out with. i was seriously thinking about coming over from clifden for one of the sunday spins but i'm now worrried that may riding will be under scrutiny from all angles and i'll be branded an arsehole

I too have considered going along to one of these ride outs as I use the bike for commuting and have not yet been along to any of the organized ride outs.

One thing putting me off so far was seeing groups of bikers acting a maggot on the N81 and makes me think all the ride outs are like that. I seriously can't afford to ride out of my comfort zone as I depend on it for daily commuting.

And apart from the fact the bike is dirty as hell that I am ashamed to show my face with the bike in such state! :D Hopefully weather improving so I can get to clean her up properly.

Ah sure i have tried out a few spins with a few different groups of people.
    Each group had their own approach to how they act as a group.

Some were straight out idiots, some were pricks who made me feel like an outsider in their group etc... the reasons go on and on.

I found the Sunday spins with the lads of here to my liking so i go whenever i have a Sunday available. Ya really cant know if a group will sit well with you until you try out a spin with them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Peanut I've been on loads of spins and I've never really seen anyone acting the maggot. On another site there used to be a specific run for the mad lads who I'm told drove silly speeds. Best to avoid. Most are grand and justa fun day out on bikes.

However what do you mean by: I seriously can't afford to ride out of my comfort zone as I depend on it for daily commuting.

Really you want to up your skill level to make your commute even safer.

• Advertisement

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    I too have considered going along to one of these ride outs as I use the bike for commuting and have not yet been along to any of the organized ride outs.

One thing putting me off so far was seeing groups of bikers acting a maggot on the N81 and makes me think all the ride outs are like that. I seriously can't afford to ride out of my comfort zone as I depend on it for daily commuting.

And apart from the fact the bike is dirty as hell that I am ashamed to show my face with the bike in such state! :D Hopefully weather improving so I can get to clean her up properly.

As mentioned above, you wont know what the sunday spin is like until you try it. I have prob been on 6 spins in the last year. I only entered the world of motorbikes just under a year ago. Everyone I have met on the sunday spin have been sound. Normally the lads meet up and go for some breakfast and the spin follows. The help and info from the lads was invaluable to me as a novice. I haven't sat on the bike in over a month so ill be rusty when I do go out again. I work shift work so I miss alot of the spins. Im working this weekend but ill try and make it out the following weekend.

Advertisement