Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goodlad wrote: »
    What ya going to look at?

R1...goodlad

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

So who is heading out this Sunday???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks for your opinion. However my girlfriend is religious which is why my kid is being christened. So yes, im going along with the sham of an event as its my girlfriends belief.

So please take your opinion and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

You describe it as a sham and then (abusively) stick up for it. Only in Ireland... look mate what you do is up to (both of) you, and I never said otherwise, but it's funny how it's the non-believer who is always made go along with things and never the other way around. This is a touchy subject for a lot of people though. (and it gets in the way of the greater good of the Sunday worship of motorcycles, booo)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    So who is heading out this Sunday???

Im available. Old Yellar will be getting a oily rag for a scrub down this afternoon. I just about manage to butter my toast in the morning so ill leave meeting points and times up to the pro's;)

I will be out tomorrow....not sure of the time yet. Will know later on....and I will report. I suppose a bit of brekkie is on the cards again....bike needs a good lube after that monsoon of a northwest. The levers are a bit sticky now all the lube was washed off them etc.

• Advertisement

Good to see the gang today. Great weather until I left yiz at kells. Then the rain and hail stones come down hard. Took me just under an hour to get home from kells.

Ps, Send on a link if any of the lads have some good footage from the spin. PM if you would prefer.

My Route. Just realized we also passed slane. I think

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any photos lads? Raging i keep missing these but I have some very busy weekends. Dying to get out again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Good spin 2 day! Nice 2 meet some more people!!

Going have a look at the videos later so put them up 2moro or the next day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Sorry I had to leave after the brekie lads, had to keep a promise! Will be a longer spin next time.

• Advertisement

Great day had as always

Good group of us having a laugh and a bit of banter what more could you ask for :D

Noel that is one serious clean bandit you have!

9 lads and serious miles covered today....but when you having the craic you dont even realise you are doing so much milage. I have over 3hrs of footage on the GP3 (went through 3 batteries, WiFi remote eats battery) so I will "EDIT" it the best I can and stick it up ASAP.

Nice to see more and more lads out and getting road experience, my bike looked so old and dirty compared to some of the bikes today.

Hope all got home safe....until next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Great day had as always

Good group of us having a laugh and a bit of banter what more could you ask for :D

Noel that is one serious clean bandit you have!

Thanks Darren!!

Not as clean as urs thow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have a question lads, only ever been on one of these, what sort of pace do they normally take ?? I've no problem keeping up with sports bikes but the last couple of spins I was on from IBF were welllllllll over the speed / safety limits for the roads so I ended up hanging back.

Everybody goes at there own pace and what they feel comfortable at!

Nobody gets left behind no matter how slow they are going someone will always fall back and make sure you are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

We keep within speed limits always.
    You never had any prob keeping with us before.

Made a rookie mistake with the camera....angle was a bit low so I have loads of HD footage of my speedo and front fairing and about 4 ft in front of my bike :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Can still see a few lads zipping around but its not worth the hassle of uploading it to Utoob.

I will have to use my phone to nail the angle and mark the housing with a tip ex pen so when I take the mount on and off I can line it up by the white lines.

****in raging I am....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Made a rookie mistake with the so I have loads of HD footage of my speedo.....
    .:rolleyes:

We keep within speed limits always.
    You never had any prob keeping with us before.

and now you have proof!!

Sure Im so slow, I get fly's on the "BACK OF MY BIKE" instead of the front!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Good man wondaboy. Prob took you a ****ing hour too set that camera up wrong.

Cheers to all for calling in today. Hopefully I won't miss too many spins.

Darren your bike looks well. Try keep it that way .... Your ninja was always manky ffs!

• Advertisement

leppla wrote: »
    Good man wondaboy. Prob took you a ****ing hour too set that camera up wrong.

Cheers to all for calling in today. Hopefully I won't miss too many spins.

I set it up the 1st time last week with my HTC phone and the Go Pro app....and went for a spin and it was amazing the footage at 1440 res. Took the mount of and it was all nice and tight, stuck it on this morning thinking all would be tickety boo and it must of just got a slight knock downwards.....still at least it was not a tour of Europe or the like.

Just a load of HOOLIGANS tearing up the N52 - at the speed limits of course.

BTW Brian,

Thanx for that lovely bit of roast dinner I got after the lads left, and the pancakes for desert.....NOM NOM NOM.

:pac::pac::pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I set it up the 1st time last week with my HTC phone and the Go Pro app....and went for a spin and it was amazing the footage at 1440 res. Took the mount of and it was all nice and t. ht, stuck it on this morning thinking all would be tickety boo and it must of just got a slight knock downwards.....still at least it was not a tour of Europe or the like.

Just a load of HOOLIGANS tearing up the N52 - at the speed limits of course.

BTW Brian,

Thanx for that lovely bit of roast dinner I got after the lads left, and the pancakes for desert.....NOM NOM NOM.

:pac::pac::pac::p

Ffs Gary I told ya not too be saying anything. That mick fella will be like a fly around ****e next time he is up. . . .looking for a roast and Pancakes.!! Or worse yet i will have chatty man looking too be fed.

Chatty man is off the radar, no one tried to smooch the missus so he has the hump with us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Anyone about for a spin on Thursday?

I've been meaning to head out on a spin with the good folk on here for a while; and hope to, now that I have my wheels and, hopefully, some decent weather. I'm free from work on Thursday and won't be around over the weekend. I'm on the southside of the city and am open to route suggestions, if anyone's interested.

Not able to get on on Thurs unfortunately, have alot of stuff to do to make sure I can get out on Sunday. Enjoy the spin, hope you get the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Myself and 2 others are gonna head out Sunday. What time is anyone meeting at Naas?

approx 11.30 same place as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

approx 11.30 same place as usual

Sweet man. Myself and Emmet will be there. He is bringing a mate along with him too.

Sweet man. Myself and Emmet will be there. He is bringing a mate along with him too.

See you there sunday

• Advertisement

I might be out...but I think it might rain. Rain is the enemy!

I will sit and look at the weather forcast from midnight onwards and make an executive decision at 10am.

Advertisement