Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Was out for a spin earlier on jus me and a mate and we happened to meet up with Mick and the rest of the group in a garage in Baltinglass

Pure fluke we were just driving by and we spotted them

Went on to Carlow town with them and had some lunch then we went our own way

Headed back through Tinahealy, Aughrim, Rathdrum and back up to Laragh for coffee

Cracker of a day out just in the door now!

Here we are taking over Carlow for Lunch
    001-3_zpsa0ff2069.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

You had a very good day for it lads

Was in mosney al day so could nt go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LOL....its a big country max, its a great day for a spin.

I wish.......nice day+kids= beach.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I wish.......nice day+kids= beach.......:rolleyes:

Very good lads great not of weather we are having. I hope too be back on to wheels Tuesday evening !! So should be out and about next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

What bike did you get or getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

leppla wrote: »
    Very good lads great not of weather we are having. I hope too be back on to wheels Tuesday evening !! So should be out and about next week.

Good to hear that Brian hope to see you back out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What bike did you get or getting?

He bought a HOOLIGAN CBR 600 RR....the durty fecker!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nigs

Savage spin again today. Feel like im in training for a round the world trip. Some class roads aswell. Nice meeting everybody. All sound lads again...... Is there any dickhead bikers........?

dorannoel wrote: »
    You had a very good day for it lads

Was in mosney al day so could nt go

Where you out talking to all the foreign nationals Noel....:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nigs

Where you out talking to all the foreign nationals Noel....:pac::pac::pac:

Ah mosney....... The only family resort where you could go for a swim and flash ur arse at the moms and dads drinking in the bar.........good times.

• Advertisement

nigs wrote: »
    Ah mosney....... The only family resort where you could go for a swim and flash ur arse at the moms and dads drinking in the bar.........good times.

Now a "foreign Resident" can go down the shops come back, and throw an apple over the wall and hit one of her own kids! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Yes I fell for a hooligan bike. I'm a sucker . . . but my god was it a fun test drive. Totally different to the Sv. Can't wait too get it up the n52.

leppla wrote: »
    Yes I fell for a hooligan bike. I'm a sucker . . . but my god was it a fun test drive. Totally different to the Sv. Can't wait too get it up the n52.

Will take a little bit of getting used to Brian, smooth inline 4 so its alot different from the V-Twin and the engine breaking. You will have to adjust your style with the gear changes and clutch. But you will be well able for it.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Another great day out lads!

Went to look at a 02 VFR 800 lastnight, really tempted to sell the fz6 now.

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Did you test drive it BLu3?

I was on a VFR800 V-Tec the weekend, absolute cracker of a bike. When the V-tec kicks in at 6,500rpm the grin it puts on your face is priceless. Even with the full luggage its a cracker of a bike. Deffo on the lookout for a 3-4 yr old one now put keeping the options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Is it the Silver one in Waterford? Beauty of a bike!

Thats not the one I looked at but I called about that, have my eye on that one granted I can sell the FZ6 before its gone.

Tempted to go across the pond to pick one up now, silver 03 model 32K miles with full color coded panniers for 3K

Blu3 make sure you sort out a quote first....the bolloc.ks I am getting off insurance companies is not even funny. 35yr old, full un-restricted A , 2YR NCB & grade 2 assesment done and looking for €800 on a VFR 800...****IN MADNESS.

Blu3 make sure you sort out a quote first....the bolloc.ks I am getting off insurance companies is not even funny. 35yr old, full un-restricted A , 2YR NCB & grade 2 assesment done and looking for €800 on a VFR 800...****IN MADNESS.

Already did, 350 fulycomp! They must know youre a hooligan! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

That is mad. My Tiger 800 is only 500e or so, 28 years old, 1 year NCB and still less than 2 years since full license. Have a grade 2 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

lol... i have 3 years ncb, full licence and only pay 480 on my sv1000

Who are the insurances companies.

Liberty (where I was told this morning they dont recognise the IBT 5) LMFAO, Only in Ireland
    Carol Nash
    Aon
    Adelaide
    MCE - total joke over €1500

Anyone I am missing?

goodlad wrote: »
    lol... i have 3 years ncb, full licence and only pay 480 on my sv1000

In fairness I was paying €320 fully comp on the €4500 09 600....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Well if I had the funds the bike Id get no doubt is the VFR1200
    paddy147 wrote: »

What about a Hyabussa,a ZZR or a ZX12R??
    Hayabusa and the ZX12r are not very practical Paddy, I am looking for a quick enough bike that can take hard luggage without going everywhere are warp speed. Plus them two bikes would be a hell of alot quicker then I am TBH.

The VFR 1200 would be in the same class/category as the Hyabussa and ZZR 1400. The big difference is that the Hyabussa and ZZR are much better behaved at low speed, and therefore more manageable. The ZZR 1400 has luggage available, and is a great bike. I don't know if the Hyabussa has luggage, but it is a very capable bike.

The VFR 1200 is a pig of a bike in traffic (anything under 60KPH), the shaft drive and the torque curve both contribute to this. Honda have addressed the torque, and changed the way it is delivered, but this was only done late last year.
    So, the late 2012 bikes onwards should be better at low speeds.
    The luggage on the VFR 1200 is great in that it is easy to get on and off, but it is very small - there is very little space inside compared to other big bikes.
    You can get a small/medium helmet in the top box, but you won't get a helmet in one of the panniers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

k1200s could be worth a look in too?

Wossack wrote: »
    k1200s could be worth a look in too?

WHA' a BMW, the lads would dis-own me....not much fun having a spin on ur own all year round. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

is anyone heading out this sunday~? near dublin?

WHA' a BMW, the lads would dis-own me....not much fun having a spin on ur own all year round. :pac::pac:

Know that feeling..lads just cant keep up........:P

Just back...nothing but carnage on the gap...two bunnies, a deer and a fox cub..:(

I'd trade them all for just one lycrist..........:eek::D.........joke..(or is it)..:p

• Advertisement

Fathers day...:confused:.......looks like a lot of Fathers wernt allowed out to play today..............:D

Probably had to drive the family miles to eat mundane food in a packed pub, missing a nice spin and MotoGP..........Fathers Day howareya..........:D

Advertisement