Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

It ended up a really short day out for myself. Only about 2 hours!
    Was still grand though. It was a nice change from a boring commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

aaakev wrote: »
    Ended up going out with my mate from naas we hit sally gap, roundwood, laragh and back to naas. Sally gap is dangerous, lots of fresh gravel on the road from kilbride all the way up so not nice to drive on!

Juat getting back to naas and we came accross a young lad on a cg125 who had crashed. He was on his way out of naas and on a long left hand bend he went accross on the wrong side of the road and over a small ditch, hit a wall and flipped the bike! He was ok but jasus he was lucky there was nothing coming the other way or he was a goner. .. we stopped and helped him and I went and got me van and dropped him and his bike home. Few bent bars, broken lights and rear fairings and he wasn't hurt at all!

Was he out on his ibt? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well put in the guts of a 12hr spin today, left the house at 9ish and got home just after 8pm. Was all over the place ended up about 30 mins past Kilkenny, after doing all around Kildare and Carlow etc. was not all good news.

Was trying out the new Go Pro harness today and in my infinite wisdom I forgot to stick a "tether" on it and put the clip in going down instead of up.....so was doing "WELL NORTH" of the speed limit and I must of pressed against the tank and my lovely Go Pro 3 Black Edition pops out of the harness and bouncing 3 times on the road narrowly missed my mates head it bounced that high....I did not even know it was gone. My mate seen it and went back for it on the hard shoulder...could find nothing but this!!!! Thats all that is left so much for a protective case!!!!

The card still works but the battery ran out about 15mins before the motorway...Grrrrr.

sne0pl.jpg

2hs6umc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Ouch!

aaakev wrote: »
    Ouch!

Indeed, €450 ouches to be precise. Will just have to get the newer one....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Try and look at the positive side, it didn't happen on your holidays and you get to buy a better one! Shít buzz though man

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Great Spin yesterday alright! The roads dont get much better than that in Ireland and the weather certainly doesnt get much better.

Wonda was very unlucky with his camera. . . but on the plus side I tethered mine on the way to work today!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

leppla wrote: »
    Great Spin yesterday alright! The roads dont get much better than that in Ireland and the weather certainly doesnt get much better.

Wonda was very unlucky with his camera. . . but on the plus side I tethered mine on the way to work today!

Had a good time lads on Sunday, all good fun.

Knew there was a funny rattle , like a loose bolt, on the bike. Looked at the tank bolt when filling her up tonight... Tank bolt gone..

Looking forward to a few more spins,

Lookbehindyou, been practising your tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Was a great day, thanks for coming down my way for a change :P

13986368345_9ff8ecb61e_b.jpg

13955456191_827e075718_b.jpg

13955484981_64d47ac622_b.jpg

13959119644_6f800eb0d7_b.jpg
    kodak wrote: »

Knew there was a funny rattle , like a loose bolt, on the bike. Looked at the tank bolt when filling her up tonight... Tank bolt gone..

Same thing happened on my fazer, drove around for a week thinking I had already lost it, lifted up the tank to attach a charger and found the bolt wedged between the frame and some other part that I cant remember. You might not have lost it yet, good luck!

kodak wrote: »

TBH, I would not replace that with a standard M bolt. Go out and get the special allen key bolts. They are like normal bolts but have a pattern in the middle or off set and the allen key matches. Like the lock nuts on a set of alloys. I got them across from Joe Duffy BMW in the industrial estate.

You need a special tool that comes with the bolts to open them. I only went down this route after some scumbags tried to take my FZ6. To get at my alarm they had to take the tank off (I cant remember if the battery is covered by the tank too) anyway its only them 2 standard bolts that are between the scumbags and your alarm/battery. The seats on the FZ6 you would break with a tooth brush they are that flimsy.

The only reason they got one out and not the other is when the steering lock is on it covers one of the bolts!

• Advertisement

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

13986368345_9ff8ecb61e_b.jpg

13955456191_827e075718_b.jpg

13955484981_64d47ac622_b.jpg

Same thing happened on my fazer, drove around for a week thinking I had already lost it, lifted up the tank to attach a charger and found the bolt wedged between the frame and some other part that I cant remember. You might not have lost it yet, good luck!

Have to say....I love all the personalised reg plates. Stylish ****ers the lot of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say....I love all the personalised reg plates. Stylish ****ers the lot of you.

Wonda reg plates

I was meant to ask did Richard Tea get home for his dinner in time, never seen a man on a Sunday spin so eager to get home. I wonder how many speeding tickets he accumulated on the flight back home! :pac::pac::pac:

jctln37.gif

I was meant to ask did Richard Tea get home for his dinner in time, never seen a man on a Sunday spin so eager to get home. I wonder how many speeding tickets he accumulated on the flight back home! :pac::pac::pac:

jctln37.gif

Richard Tea was not out with us on Sunday Blu3...? Or am I missing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Perhaps it was my double:eek:

Perhaps it was my double:eek:

Nah....there is only one "RICHARD TEA". ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Richard Tea was not out with us on Sunday Blu3...? Or am I missing something...

Just getting the nicks mixed up again, I was talking about Sean on the blue vfr...

Just getting the nicks mixed up again, I was talking about Sean on the blue vfr...

You mean Sean on the PURPLE VFR. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Bad form parking in a blue badge spot in my opinion.
    I would not do it unless I had the badge displayed, and the person who the badge belongs to with me. Remember that the badge belongs to the person, not a vehicle, so it can be used for a bike.

P.C. wrote: »
    I would not do it unless I had the badge displayed, and the person who the badge belongs to with me. Remember that the badge belongs to the person, not a vehicle, so it can be used for a bike.

You obv never met Tom so!! he has a pass to park there and we all parked close to save him walking over to us.

You prob never met any of the lads in that picture so you jumped the gun there a bit . . .in my opinion!;)

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »

It's out in the middle of nowhere near a nature walk/trail path, there were two other disabled parking spots free. We did not leave the bikes and left after a 10 minute chat and a laugh. I have no idea how you ride a bike with that stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Careful now lads. You're saying to hold off on an opinion because PC hasn't met you but I can guarantee that neither of you know PC at all based on what you've just said.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Careful now lads. You're saying to hold off on an opinion because PC hasn't met you but I can guarantee that neither of you know PC at all based on what you've just said.

I dont need to meet him. He is going on about a couple of bikes parked in a disabled spot, when A: He does not know if any of the lads are disabled and B: If any of them hold a pass.

Therefore I think he jumped the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

No idea what he is like in RL but his internet personality is a ****ing ****.

Mod: Banned for one week for personal abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You obv never met Tom so!! he has a pass to park there and we all parked close to save him walking over to us.

You prob never met any of the lads in that picture so you jumped the gun there a bit . . .in my opinion!;)
    I dont need to meet him. He is going on about a couple of bikes parked in a disabled spot, when A: He does not know if any of the lads are disabled and B: If any of them hold a pass.

Therefore I think he jumped the gun.

So if one of them is disabled it's OK to park in the spots to save him walking over to you, as you said? What's wrong with you parking elsewhere and walking over to him?

And if you are parked for a break and a chat but not going anywhere then why the need to park in a disabled bay? Or multiple bays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

popcorn.gif

KTRIC wrote: »
    popcorn.gif

I think you might need a large one...
    HMwb1CL.jpg
    So if one of them is disabled it's OK to park in the spots to save him walking over to you, as you said? What's wrong with you parking elsewhere and walking over to him?

And if you are parked for a break and a chat but not going anywhere then why the need to park in a disabled bay? Or multiple bays?

As I already said they were 2 additional disabled parking spot's that were free and unobstructed by us or the bikes.

There were two normal spots free between camper vans and car's. Kids and dogs constantly running around free between cars, it was the safest place for us and the kids to park, last thing we and the kids parents need is a trip to A&E because a kid touched/fell on one of the exhausts.

I didn't picked that space but I would have parked there for the above reason anyway....Of all the times I have stopped in that place for a break I have never seen a single disabled car parked there never mind four.

It appears that you both think we are going around parking in disabled spots regularly just to inconvenience others, we are not a bunch of inconsiderate Neanderthal bikers pretending to be 1%'ers. Of all the rides I have been out its always been a pleasant spin and the pilots out were courteous towards other road users regardless of their vehicle,gender,race, disabled or not, etc. Except for the go-safe van's, they always get the finger!

Making a mountain out of a molehill really.

After extensive research upon entering the car park facility I came to the conclusion that I wanted to park by motorcycle exactly where it is located in the picture you are referring to, for reasons I dont need to explain to you or anyone else on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

After extensive research upon entering the car park facility I came to the conclusion that I wanted to park by motorcycle exactly where it is located in the picture you are referring to, for reasons I dont need to explain to you or anyone else on boards.

Well said ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thread locked pending mod review. Do not start any threads regarding this in the interim. Thread will be reopened at some point tomorrow.

Advertisement