Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Myself and Wonda passed a mate of mine on the way home. Had a quick little blast with him before we headed off.

Good to see you all again !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

'tit twas a GRRRRRREAT spin that lads.......Oh are.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Looks like the weather is going to be good again this Sunday! :D

nat02_weather.png?2028
    Sunday will continue largely dry with sunny spells, although fog may be slow to clear in parts of the midlands. Light, east to northeast breezes will develop and temperatures will be near normal for mid-October. Sunday night will remain mostly dry and clear, but cloud will increase in the southeast of the country and northerly winds will freshen, with rain arriving there before dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Looks like the weather is going to be good again this Sunday! :D

Planning on doing some gardening?! :-P

zubair wrote: »
    Planning on doing some gardening?! :-P

Already told the mrs I'm out Sunday :)

Might try to squeeze in an oil and filter change tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Charity ride out this Sunday 12th October 2014 around the Ards peninsula Co Down, and includes a ferry crossing across Strangford Lough, for anyone who might be interested.

I'm still classed as a new user, so unable to post links. But search for 'A Plus Motorbike Academy' on Facebook.

Meeting at Phillip McCallen Motorcycles in Lisburn Co. Antrim at 10am.

Route is

Philip McCallens Motorcycles Lisburn (meeting point)
    Carryduff
    Newtownards
    Bangor
    Groomsport
    Donaghadee
    Portaferry

Ferry crossing to Strangford fare is £3.50

Strangford
    Downpatrick
    Ballynahinch
    Lisburn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    Something I intend doing soon enough, a road trip round the north, it'd have to be a Saturday though and I'd stay the night.
    I think somebody posted before (zascair?) about blue roads (?), picturesque routes in the British Isles and the Antrim coast was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

^^^
    Something I intend doing soon enough, a road trip round the north, it'd have to be a Saturday though and I'd stay the night.
    I think somebody posted before (zascair?) about blue roads (?), picturesque routes in the British Isles and the Antrim coast was one of them.

If you've never done the north antrim coast road, sort yourself out and do it, great drive.

@Leppla how was the spin back yesterday? :pac::pac:

@Leppla how was the spin back yesterday? :pac::pac:

Made it back in one piece anyway. Not the best experience in the world.

• Advertisement

leppla wrote: »

LOL do tell! The lats time I was on the back of a bike was when I was 15 and the pilot was a road racer, had to change my pants when I got home!:(

LOL do tell! The lats time I was on the back of a bike was when I was 15 and the pilot was a road racer, had to change my pants when I got home!:(

Was grand. We did a short stint on the motorway first and the wind was mental, I was a good bit higher than wonda so I hadnt much wind protection.

Once off the motorway it was grand on the twistys and I relaxed a bit more. Wonda is a grand Pilot and I am well use to his lines so I could nearly predict his lines. :D:D

Could have got off anytime ya wanted ya ungrateful guttersnipe, its was smooth as butter all the way home. That's it I am getting a seat cowl.....no more pillions for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Leppla, what happened the VFR?

kodak wrote: »
    Leppla, what happened the VFR?

Nothing happened to it. I had my fun and now she has a new owner.

My mrs is delighted I like to change bikes so often haha

My mrs is delighted I like to change bikes so often haha
    If I told my mrs i was selling the bike tonight she would tell me to not to come home without the new one, I was a miserable bastard for a week after I sold the fz6!

If I told my mrs i was selling the bike tonight she would tell me to not to come home without the new one, I was a miserable bastard for a week after I sold the fz6!

So you were your normal self the week after you sold the bike ??? am I missing something here :D:D:D

So you were your normal self the week after you sold the bike ??? am I missing something here :D:D:D
    Took me a week to buy the blackbird :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

So what about a Monday spin as its a bank holiday?

goodlad wrote: »
    So what about a Monday spin as its a bank holiday?

And twice as many cage disasters out on the roads as per normal, nah I'll take a pass. Will be out on the Sunday as per normal.....can just about handle the Sunday mob.

• Advertisement

Sure i will head out on my own :P

Trying to get a Sunday free is borderline impossible for me which is why i make very few spins.

Sure i will head out on my own :P

Trying to get a Sunday free is borderline impossible for me which is why i make very few spins.

Leave it closer to the time Gary, I will see whats what...kids on holidays from school and that.

@ Goodlad,

I will send you a PM in the morning depending on the battery in the beast mate.

Spin tomorrow?

I won't be out anyway. Started some proper strength training this week and too soar for the bike.

Stopped at some lights and my leg couldn't hold the bike up. Almost went over LOL

I won't be out anyway. Started some proper strength training this week and too soar for the bike.

Stopped at some lights and my leg couldn't hold the bike up. Almost went over LOL

Nevermind yer legs, the ol gluteus maximus are the worst on the bike after a work out.

I don't know what kinda workout you do that makes your arse hurt! Hahaha

Last night was my first time doing deadlifts and done 140kg. Its hard to lift my arms today I tell ya!

Should be out tomorrow Jamie, need to sort my battery out. I let ya know mate.....

Nice fresh morning, will be out but staying relatively local today. If anyone is out and coming this way giz a holla.....couple of us out.

• Advertisement

If you don't like this parking.... We all parked in the middle of a roundabout today as well (It wasn't a handicapped roundabout tho).

Advertisement