Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

leppla wrote: »
    In all seriousness lads ( and lassies) there are no "rules" to the Sunday spin as such.

It's just a couple of people who have a common interest ( motorbikes ) out for a get together , a couple of miles and some banter.

You wanna go fast, go fast! You wanna go slow, go slow. No one gets left behind. Our regular lads keep an eye on the group and usually one hangs at the back to ensure no one gets lost.

Even typing that makes it sound way more formal and organised then it actually is.
    We meet up, we eat, we laugh, we ride and we go home.

Only you will know if you like the spins or the banter.

Leppla,

I would not even go to the trouble of explaining a Sunday Spin for people or "Person" who has no interest of ever going to or taking part in one. Pure wind up post...looking for a trouble.

Fair play Zascar, on it like a flash. :)

Same rotten apple purely stirring the **** constantly....move on lads and keep her lit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Leppla,

I would not even go to the trouble of explaining a Sunday Spin for people or "Person" who has no interest of ever going to or taking part in one. Pure wind up post...looking for a trouble.

Fair play Zascar, on it like a flash. :)

Same rotten apple purely stirring the **** constantly....move on lads and keep her lit ;)

It was for the benefit of other users of the forum , who might have been thinking of heading out!
    I couldn't care if more ppl come out or not, I enjoy the spin every Sunday either way !

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I started going on the Sunday spins around 3-4 years ago with several nutters from here, although it started on an other forum and migrated to here! I was not long on the bike and was extremely inexperienced. I traveled from Carlow to Naas to meet up with them, I still do most of the time and not just dry days but in rain and freezing cold. I have missed the last few Sunday spins due to circumstances out of my control, every Sunday I couldn't go just p$%"£$ me off because I knew I was missing out on great craic and twisties and I check back here to read about it and look at the pictures while sulking!

We all learned a lot from each other over the years and still do, especially LookBehindYou whom shared his centuries of experience and wisdom. Genuinely made me a better rider going out on these Sunday Spins. Not once was I left behind or know of anyone that was left behind during the spins, everyone kept an eye out for each other. At the beginning I knew even if I didn't see them in front of me someone would wait for me at the next turn off to show me the way or stick with me to let me watch their lines and learn from them. I asked plenty of dumb questions and always got an answer without any judgement. Had days where we got together and did maintenance on our bikes, sometimes small sometimes big.The banter was always brilliant and so was the grub.

Whenever a new person joined the spin they were always welcomed regardless of what they were riding as long as it was two wheels, we have had 250's,cruisers to supersports out with us and they all came back for more, very rare a new joiner would not return after the first spin.

Don't be shy, just gtfo on a spin and enjoy yourself, it doesn't matter if you don't know the route were going on as someone will always make sure you find your way home one way or another, we have often rode extra miles to drop someone off near their place or at least a road they recognize.

However, be warned it is not an organized ride out, the only thing gets organized is where we are all meeting up and who we need to pick up on the way, and food! Most of the time no one knows which router we are going to take and end up all over the country. Most Sunday spins I leave home around 09:00-10:00 and don't get back till 19:00-20:00, most of that time is spent on the bike and the rest is either smoke breaks for LookBehindYou or Subway breaks for Wonda!

Come out and ask questions, even if its just to meet up with everyone to say hello and then you can head on home or stick around for an hour or two, everyone is very accommodating and don't really care where they go as long as there are twisties. One thing that doesn't happen on Sunday Spins is the route is almost never the same, every week its different. We have a tendency to like the N52 but its not done too regularly that you get bored of it or you remember all the turns and bumps, one part of the road always catches me out, thinking I either gone passed it or its not coming up yet and have yet to guess it correctly!

Get out on a Sunday Spin and make up your own mind :)

Here is what a typical Sunday Spin looks like in action...

2w3WnOz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

In all seriousness lads ( and lassies) there are no "rules" to the Sunday spin as such.

It's just a couple of people who have a common interest ( motorbikes ) out for a get together , a couple of miles and some banter.

You wanna go fast, go fast! You wanna go slow, go slow. No one gets left behind. Our regular lads keep an eye on the group and usually one hangs at the back to ensure no one gets lost.

Even typing that makes it sound way more formal and organised then it actually is.

I can vouch for that. I was on a 125 and didn't get left behind and I ride like pensioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

+1
    blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    .....Whenever a new person joined the spin they were always welcomed regardless of what they were riding as long as it was two wheels, we have had 250's,cruisers to supersports out with us and they all came back for more, very rare a new joiner would not return after the first spin.....

I started out on the 250 and went on my first Sunday spin with it. Was never left behind.

....Don't be shy, just gtfo on a spin and enjoy yourself, it doesn't matter if you don't know the route were going on as someone will always make sure you find your way home one way or another, we have often rode extra miles to drop someone off near their place or at least a road they recognize.....

I can understand people being put off as it's a new group of people etc but everyone new is always welcomed, we were all new to the group ourselves at some stage too.

We all ended up loitering outside Harvey Normans one day because goodlad wanted to go Christmas shopping.

..... one part of the road always catches me out, thinking I either gone passed it or its not coming up yet and have yet to guess it correctly!

I know the bit you're talking about, I bet we're not the only ones. No matter how ready you are for it, LOL.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    I know the bit you're talking about, I bet we're not the only ones. No matter how ready you are for it, LOL.

I swear to god, every single time....

Its right after this bend....nope...this one...nope... ah i must have passed it already...oh sh$%$ no I didn't! :pac:

Well the days are getting longer and that means the spins get better. Today started off at my place with a service on my tiger with the help of noel, I supplied the tae!!
    16422542365_9bef250bc7_m.jpgDSC05580 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

Noel demonstrating the lifesaver on a test run
    15802526093_ddbf3075a0_m.jpgDSC05568 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

Wondaboy then arrived and we made a plan
    16236636247_ba7343c6fb_m.jpgDSC05585 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16396541376_f3824e573b_m.jpgDSC05588 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16420683491_eea8128e37_m.jpgDSC05589 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

Road were mostly dry however Slane to Kells was very very icy but we got up to Ardee via the N52

16420651371_d2332fc15f_m.jpgDSC05597 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16421553272_095daa1565_m.jpgDSC05599 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

Wondaboy had to depart from here

16421454792_b9bc328af6_m.jpgDSC05605 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    15799967164_66f071f0e4_m.jpgDSC05612 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16234719128_8cd4324751_m.jpgDSC05623 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

Myself and Noel then went to play in the twistys

16236127449_8bbb46606f_m.jpgDSC05672 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16234942270_7d76b8db9d_m.jpgDSC05700 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16234658148_48e22c1c58_m.jpgDSC05722 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr
    16421366312_6c1bdd4d23_m.jpgDSC05732 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

It was well after dark again we got home. Great to get a good full day out.

16234631608_e9bdd277e9_m.jpgDSC05761 by Mr Sheen101, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Was a good day alright!

Got some good picture and video to!!!!

Bang bang gos the arrow can!!!!

I managed to clean the bike and go for a short spin before I had to head back! You did the n52 didn't you, I'm so jealous!

dorannoel wrote: »
    Was a good day alright!

Got some good picture and video to!!!!

Bang bang gos the arrow can!!!!

Yeah it sounds great. Have a video of it spitting a flame on the way home!! I will try put a clip up in the next day or two.

• Advertisement

I managed to clean the bike and go for a short spin before I had to head back! You did the n52 didn't you, I'm so jealous!

A blu it was deadly. Me and Noel did the n52 both ways and that was only half the spin.

At least you got out on the bird anyways. Your due a proper Sunday spin soon.

A blu it was deadly. Me and Noel did the n52 both ways and that was only half the spin.

At least you got out on the bird anyways. Your due a proper Sunday spin soon.

I bet! I'm itching to go out on a proper spin, its been mostly short and slow to make the tire last as much as i can!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I had a great time yesterday.
    Was a late start for me, but I found some dry roads and had some fun.

Nice pics leppla, Sorry I had to cut the spin short lads, next week I am going on a long nice spin......sambos the lot!

Nice pics leppla, Sorry I had to cut the spin short lads, next week I am going on a long nice spin......sambos the lot!

We will pack noels topbox with the sambos.

Jaysus we would feed all the tourists of we did that.....the size of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

I listened to " you should & shouldn't" I went on a Burger run last year & it was great craic & loads of banter. Never met any of the people before & I was made feel more than welcome. Some people look into it too much. Just get out there & enjoy yourselve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    Zascar, you should change the thread title to be "Burger Run", :pac:, I'd defo go on the next one, be it Sat or Sun, There are some great burger joints in Dublin, but would be willing to travel further afield. Or some of you lot that spin around the midlands come up for a drive around Dublin, for a burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Burger? Will travel.

One of the best burgers I ever had was in the Road House Cafe in Carlow, they were even gonna change the name of the burger to "Wonda Burger" I ate so many of them on spins over the last 3 yrs.

Absolutely Savage it is.

• Advertisement

One of the best burgers I ever had was in the Road House Cafe in Carlow, they were even gonna change the name of the burger to "Wonda Burger" I ate so many of them on spins over the last 3 yrs.

Absolutely Savage it is.

What was that posh pub we went to called, at the last spin I was at? There was some tasty buns there and the burger was savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

HAHA, BO BOS Burgers are well good on their 10 lunchtime special

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

What was that posh pub we went to called, at the last spin I was at? There was some tasty buns there and the burger was savage!

The place in sallins think it was called Boss Byrnes

Was a nice burger alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It was lock 13... Mmmm. If you decide to go there this Sunday I'll spin out to you in the vw triple.

No you wont dirty cage lover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone out today?

The boys are out, trying to get out myself but have a DIY job to do first. So if I get it done and the fog lifts I will be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I think I will head out in a bit.

If it gets colder and wetter I will defo head out.

P.C. wrote: »
    I think I will head out in a bit.

If it gets colder and wetter I will defo head out.

Good man pc you must be a true biker. Keep it real

• Advertisement

I think some post in here should start with,

ONCE UPON A TIME.....

:rolleyes:

Advertisement