Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gob****e.....cage could not care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Gob****e.....cage could not care less.

I pulled up beside the guy and he told me to '**** off I don't care'.
    Hard to keep the head in those situations...

Bandit0 wrote: »

You serious!!! He would care if he was paying for a wing mirror that accidently fell off :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I'm telling ya Bandit0.... Few handfulls of Caltrops will do wonders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

One of my mates would have followed him if that happened to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

In fairness to him , you were in at the kerb avoiding the speed bump as he approached the junction and looked down the road . I see it everyday at a junction near the house , there's a bend in the road to the right of the junction , you naturally look at the vanishing point and easily miss cars in the bend although they are clearly visible if you were looking closer to the junction , there are crashes there frequently and there's always cars pulling out infront of traffic .
    Not having a go , just saying , sh1t like this happens .

Cienciano wrote: »
    One of my mates would have followed him if that happened to him!

Different if when stopped and he was apologetic.... But to have ATTITUDE!!!!

jay48 wrote: »
    In fairness to him , you were in at the kerb avoiding the speed bump as he approached the junction and looked down the road . I see it everyday at a junction near the house , there's a bend in the road to the right of the junction , you naturally look at the vanishing point and easily miss cars in the bend although they are clearly visible if you were looking closer to the junction , there are crashes there frequently and there's always cars pulling out infront of traffic .
    Not having a go , just saying , sh1t like this happens .

Yeah I know what you mean.
    But I'm wearing hi vis and everything.

I think he saw me but expected me to stop.
    That's the feeling I got from him.

Yeah Goodlad... Mabye next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

I'd say he didn't judge ur speed and distance correctly as most cagers do. And he could do the maneuver faster as well. Complete wanker.

szatan84 wrote: »
    I'd say he didn't judge ur speed and distance correctly as most cagers do. And he could do the maneuver faster as well. Complete wanker.

Yeah man, that was my thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I spun around, but I was trying not to loose the head.
    You see it all the time tho, people ****-up, and then get on the defensive.
    All people need to do is apologize.

I actually had a really similar incident with a guy a while back, and he was so apologetic and so nice that I ended up saying sorry for being thick! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wasn't until I was nearly home that the arsebags came out...

Bit of an over reaction IMO, there was lots of time to slow down and ride around the guy.

Bit of an over reaction IMO, there was lots of time to slow down and ride around the guy.

This time.
    And the next time might not work

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

This time.
    And the next time might not work out.

I hope no one takes your comments seriously, because that kind of thinking is what gets people killed.

IMO I think you need to take a bit of what Makikomi said on board.

As wrong as it is we cannot ride around following the rules of the road and expect everyone else to do the same, and arrive home safe.

To be far you did move in to the kerb to avoid the speed ramp making you harder to see. You also were prob moving faster than the speed limit and all of this ( and the drivers stupidity) resulted in them pulling out in front of you.

Every car out there on the road has the potential to end your life in an instant. When you seen the car there " DON'T PULL OUT " should have been going round in your head while you watched his every move, you should have know he was going to pull out before he even did.

Look you stopped the bike well and fair play. It was not that big of a deal I have 5 morons at least every day coming through town do that. Its just part of being on the road.

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    IMO I think you need to take a bit of what Makikomi said on board.

As wrong as it is we cannot ride around following the rules of the road and expect everyone else to do the same, and arrive home safe.

To be far you did move in to the kerb to avoid the speed ramp making you harder to see. You also were prob moving faster than the speed limit and all of this ( and the drivers stupidity) resulted in them pulling out in front of you.

Every car out there on the road has the potential to end your life in an instant. When you seen the car there " DON'T PULL OUT " should have been going round in your head while you watched his every move, you should have know he was going to pull out before he even did.

Look you stopped the bike well and fair play. It was not that big of a deal I have 5 morons at least every day coming through town do that. Its just part of being on the road.

Ah dude, don't get me wrong. You and Makikomi are right in as much as I was fine and this was relatively simple incident.

But I was riding legally, and within the speed limit.
    I was in hi-vis.
    Whether I was on the left, middle or right of the road doesn't matter,
    he could have seen me the whole way but either didn't look, or didn't care

Just cause this happens all the time, doesn't mean it's okay, and that definitely no reason to be okay with this kind of behavior.

Ah dude, don't get me wrong. You and Makikomi are right in as much as I was fine and this was relatively simple incident.

I was in hi-vis.

Just cause this happens all the time, doesn't mean it's okay, and that definitely no reason to be okay with this kind of behavior.

The standard of driving on Irish roads is appalling!! But your not going to change it. Just predict what drivers are likely to to and avoid them as much as possible.

The standard of driving on Irish roads is appalling!! But your not going to change it. Just predict what drivers are likely to to and avoid them as much as possible.

Yeah, but that's a sad state of affairs.

Yeah, but that's a sad state of affairs.

If you get yourself annoyed at stuff like that you will never enjoy riding the bike cos it is going to happen everyday.

I will be honest, I have roared at a few ppl on the way home, usually for breaking red lights. But 200 yards up the road in relaxed again.

Just the very odd day I get a really bad run of **** and I do be mad pissed off. I usually call into the mothers house ( halfway home) and clear the head before I get back on the bike. You need a clear head riding a bike!

I usually call into the mothers house ( halfway home) and clear the head before I get back on the bike.

Jesus, my mothers is halfway home too, but would do anything but calm me! :P

Tbh its the mentality of the cage driver that would get me pissed, he seen the bike just didn't give a ****. That's what dangerous, next time could be a major junction and another bike moving quicker. That mentality is what's wrong with a lot of drivers in general in this country.

Its only by driving in other countries you see how bad the standard of driving in this country is.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

I was in hi-vis.

Hi-Viz will not save you life.

Position does matter.

When the car arrives at the junction you are in the cycle lane (not the correct position) then head straight for him at the same speed, so a bad reaction to the hazard, you should have reduced your speed earlier.

• Advertisement

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Hi-Viz will not save you life.

Position does matter.

When the car arrives at the junction you are in the cycle lane (not the correct position) then head straight for him at the same speed, so a bad reaction to the hazard, you should have reduced your speed earlier.

Thanks for your opinion matey!
    I'll keep it in mind for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In my opinion you weren't speeding, weren't even going fast enough to come to a stop like you did and thats why I thought you made a big deal out of little.. I wonder did having the camera on influence your decision to show a car driver being in the wrong!.

But I've seen far worse. Be safe

Think we could probably move on from this now if it's okay.
    I've learned my lesson here and tis is feeling like a gangbang :P

Anyhu....
    Won't make it out Sunday, so will take a spin Saturday of anyone is around.
    And will make sure to keep the camera to myself! ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,066 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Position does matter.

This.

Sometimes (e.g. person waiting ahead to turn right into a minor road) I'll move position in the lane a bit, just so I'm changing position in their visual field a bit - an object moving a bit across your field of view is spotted quicker than one coming straight on - you might think a lit up motorbike coming straight at you can't be missed, but it can.

Also think about where the A-pillars of the car are, particularly someone pulling out of a minor road on the left in this situation the driver's side A-pillar can be a huge blind spot.

Thirdly, get the loudest air horns you can. A little bip on the approach to a hazard like that helps get you noticed. A good blast if they do pull out is cathartic :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Any plans for tomorrow yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

The_Chap wrote: »
    Any plans for tomorrow yet??

Yes, I'm working from 6AM to 6PM ...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Grounded until new rubber shows up, went for a spin Friday after work and was a bit too spirited. Came home to find the carcass is showing, still got 500+ out of the part worn pilot power. If i get them during the week or on Saturday I will be up for a spin next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Feck it anyway ended up painting the garden wall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I ended up getting my scottoiler installed on the bird. Absolute pain in the hoop to setup.
    Heading for a spin in a few minutes to see if fluid starts flowing through it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

goodlad wrote: »
    I ended up getting my scottoiler installed on the bird. Absolute pain in the hoop to setup.
    Heading for a spin in a few minutes to see if fluid starts flowing through it

I put one on the Bandit a while back. I have it set for one drop every 60 seconds as per the instructions but it seems like too much. Excess oil gathering and then dripping off behind front sprocket cover when bike is stationary. Gave me a fright at first when I saw oil on the ground.

Handy thing though. Chain definately lasts longer between adjustments and is still nice and shiney and gold.

Advertisement