Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

idnkph wrote: »
    check out the video on you tube of the crash. crowd getting involved abusing the marshall

Just watched the video. Why didnt the marshal want the bike moved?

On a side note I dont think spectators should get involved like that

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

idnkph wrote: »
    check out the video on you tube of the crash.
    crowd getting involved abusing the marshall

Hoping a speedy recovery to the rider involved. Have you a link for the video??

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Hoping a speedy recovery to the rider involved. Have you a link for the video??

Cant seem to find it now. The poster was getting some abuse in the comments for putting it up so maybe they removed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yeah its taken down now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness the event yesterday was very under staffed, I was just after kells corner doing flags as they were stuck and the lad with me had the hole back stretch to marshal on his own (about half a mile) which was a nightmare as the crowd kept standing and falling off the small bank. All the while the orange jump suit brigade (I counted 9) sat at kells corner so they could all have the craic and see the bikes doing burn outs. They had some girl doing un-official flag marshal as the next flag back from me could not see me around the corner. Most of the time I put up the yellow flags and the red they were too busy yapping to see it. I had to jump and wave vertical to alert the marshal around the corner ffs!

Not ideal but they need to step it up, dont get me wrong I am aware that these people donate their time and effort for free to run the event and th even would not be able to run without them. But you need to have experienced an experienced marshals around too.

Glad the event is back and hope it goes from strength to strenghth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Lads, if ye are looking for a spin on Sunday. There's a poker run on in Slane, sign on between half 10 to 12pm. This is for Little Lilly Coogan aged 9 who has to travel to England for life saving opps.

Hopefully see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Picking a direction and heding out later.
    Anyone else out?

Was out on Friday with few heads off here from 10am till 7pm....done about 400-500miles mate I am still knackered lol. Have to collect my little one in Dublin but I might be out late after noon.....if I am I bell ya.

Take it easy out there, Farmers in tractors are getting worse I swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

has the sunday spin stopped??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Bulin wrote: »

If its a sunday there will be a spin! Thats what i miss most about my bike, sunday spins were great craic with the lads off here

• Advertisement

No...not at all alive and kicking in some shape or form. Some Sundays its not possible like this weekend the rad races are on same as last weekend its road race season.

But post up that you are looking for a spin and see whats what.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

Yea good idea but I am a Lil bit my curious if anyone uses Facebook and arranges through that. Been on the road a few months and I have not used it to enjoy myself enjoy a spin. I think I need to bit the bullet lol
    Using this site to contact fellow bikers it's quiet hard to be personal

Yea good idea but I am a Lil bit my curious if anyone uses Facebook and arranges through that. Been on the road a few months and I have not used it to enjoy myself enjoy a spin. I think I need to bit the bullet lol

True,Of course its hard to meet people but only if you dont make an effort and actually go out. But when you go out a few times and you get to know lads you will get contact details etc. all the lads I go out with over the last 4 yrs I have met from biking spins. The craic is mental to say the least...you will meet lads on all different machines, all with different abilities and it does not matter a **** (to me anyway) if you are fast or slow you never left behind.

Lads on here will tell you, anyone who ever went out with us (I mean me personally) never got lost or left behind. Unless they are still lost now and have not been found!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    True, but when you go out a few times and you get to know lads you will get contact details etc. all the lads I go out with over the last 4 yrs I have met from biking spins.

Same here. I just went out one day and met 3 lads off here Zascar, jvan and rosie who id never met before and spent the day in wicklow. The lads i go trials biking with now i met through friends of friends

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I am planning to be out Sunday, and I have another possibility also! There will definatly be something happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Starting a new job next week so hoping I'll get the chance to get out on the weekend more often!
    **** you retail!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You've got to get out on a spin Bulin, while bikes are a great way to commute, they were made to be fun! You'll learn a lot on a sunday spin too.

Once you go out on a spin you'll get to know everyone a bit better, it can be a bit tough to go out on that initial spin but we were all the new guy at some stage and we kept coming back.

Sure were all Incredibly sound. Especially me :P

goodlad wrote: »
    Sure were all Incredibly sound. Especially me :P

And me sure I am Father Godfather to half the kids on here

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think you need a username change to Wonda-Daddy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mummy's Special Friend!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think you need a username change to Wonda-Daddy"

Isn't Wonda my milkman?

He is your postman, milkman, plumber, electrician....... multiple "services" provided to your mother.

And sisters.....:o

Bandit0 wrote: »
    Isn't Wonda my milkman?

Think of me as a younger, better looking modern day "Pat Mustard"

Think of me as a modern day "Pat Mustard"

Dude, I've always thought of you like that!
    Hahahaha

Anyone out in the morning, meant to be a good day for the most part......might take a spin down the midlands south direction?

Blu3 you out m8?

I won't be out tomorrow. Number 4 arrived today so will be home.

Was talking to blu a while ago and he is on the drink with his missus tonight so so doubt ya can count him in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Is that a bus or a baby? Or a bike?

• Advertisement

Was talking to blu a while ago and he is on the drink with his missus tonight so so doubt ya can count him in tomorrow.

Congrats Gary....Thats you off the radar for a few months too.

Advertisement