Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

What's the route this week lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Paulw wrote: »
    It's just like dropping your bike. You only do it once or twice, and after that you learn how to keep it upright. :D The first time is annoying, the 2nd time, you give yourself a right kick and don't do it again.

I'd rather drop a bike then a 99 !!!! Lol

honda boi wrote: »
    What's the route this week lads?

Depends on lads out , try to get a route to suit most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Depends on lads out , try to get a route to suit most.

Better get my say in so. I'm north Dublin.

But, this Sunday there is a bicycle ride on north Dublin area. They have a good route, so that area should be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

There is also the cannonball ireland this weekend but they should be in the south on Sunday so that should be fine.

• Advertisement

Better get my say in so. I'm north Dublin.

But, this Sunday there is a bicycle ride on north Dublin area. They have a good route, so that area should be avoided.

Well I am gonna break it to you now there are no good roads to ride in Dublin, There I said it.....

You will have to get the passport and currency change to go outside the Pale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Kilcock ain't a bad meeting point, easy to get to from Dublin, Kildare, Meath.

Well I am gonna break it to you now there are no good roads to ride in Dublin, There I said it.....

Oh trust me, I want to get outside Dublin. My normal route would be Ashbourne, Slane, Drogheda, Balbriggan, Skerries, Swords and home. Plenty of nice roads, with twists and turns.

But, I am always open to new routes/areas and am just out for the ride. :D

Well lets run with that as a starting point, meeting in DEAD MICKEY (Kilcock) at 11 bells. All subject to change of course......I think a spot of brekkie is on the cards as a sit down is a good place to get to know peeps as out and about its not as easy.

If we meet in Kilcock I have a lovely route already in mind with a bit of everything, incld. Ice Creams and Costa Coffee's!

Ta da.....

I will also be running a 1 hr Ice Cream licking seminar after the spin if anyone wants to stay for that.......covers all the bases incld how to hold the SHAFT of the cone and the figure of 8 lick!

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'll be heading to kilcock from Newbridge so if Anyone wants to meet enroute let me know, Naas, sallins, clane etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Giz a lift :P

Ah we'll be fine. Weather warning is only for tomorrow through to Saturday morning, can't wait for my trip home from work :-( Sunday won't be as bad. Just make sure to wear the waterproofs.

I'll warn everyone now that the abuse for pulling out because of the weather is far worse than being lashed on for the day. :-P

met.ie are clowns, the only site you need says saturday is to be grand and sunday only dribbly.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

Are we made of soap or wha'!!!!

Are we made of soap or wha'!!!!

It's not good ice-cream weather. :cool: The cone would get soggy very quickly.

It's not good ice-cream weather. :cool: The cone would get soggy very quickly.

Tut tut tut, you guys really need to learn the ways of the hardcore bikers. Everyone knows you dont get a 99 when its raining for that very reason!!!!

YOU GET AN ICEBERGER!!!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Tut tut tut, you guys really need to learn the ways of the hardcore bikers. Everyone knows you dont get a 99 when its raining for that very reason!!!!

YOU GET AN ICEBERGER!!!!!

:D:D

Icebergers are about 18 times tastier than a 99 in fairness :D

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Icebergers are about 18 times tastier than a 99 in fairness :D

Nah, 99's are sweet on a hot day with a nice strawberry syrup...ice burgers are about damage limitation. The brown biscuit stops the Ice cream getting wet!

• Advertisement

Anyone want to meet in Naas tomorrow before heading to kilcock?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

zubair wrote: »
    Anyone want to meet in Naas tomorrow before heading to kilcock?

Yep can do! :D

What time?

Would time suits people, too early and you get the grumpy heads and too late and there missus will be giving out there gone too long!!!

Id say we meet for 11:30 in Clane, thats a good spot for all directions. Then head back to kilcock and meet more if needed. Then we have brekkie somewhere nice......what say yee!

I can meet peeps anywhere if they stuck along the way around meath or surrounding area.

I'll meet peeps in Naas @11 so. See ya there blu?!

Anyone else joining us? We'll get in some brinner after we meet up so if folks aren't out for a proper spin they are welcome to meet, eat and go. That's if you even make it because you're all more likely to turn into massive fireballs rolling down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Where in Naas ?

I'm in Kilcock but 11:00 in Naas sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Where are the meeting points? Naas & Kilcock.
    Any idea of numbers going and routes?
    I'll see how I'm fixed in the morning.

Where are the meeting points? Naas & Kilcock.
    Any idea of numbers going and routes?
    I'll see how I'm fixed in the morning.

Meeting points are Naas at 11, Clane at 11:30 and Kilcock for the saaps that cant get outta bed at say 11:45. Its not a ride out or a boards meet its just a few lads going for a spin, there are 4 regulars anyway and who ever is brave enough to put up with us!!!

Plopli wrote: »
    Where in Naas ?

I'm in Kilcock but 11:00 in Naas sounds good to me.

Leave it till 11:30 horse and 2 of us meet you there!

I can do clane or kilcock just as handy, whereabouts?

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I can do clane or kilcock just as handy, whereabouts?

Wonda will confirm but it'll be the following spots... Naas: across from the cinema, clane: the garage at the junction in the village, kilcock: the esso garage near the church.

Advertisement