Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'll probably meet you guys in Kilcock. It's the nearest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Leave it till 11:30 horse and 2 of us meet you there!

I need to get out as early as possible.
    I'll be in Naas at the cinema at 11:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Plopli wrote: »
    I need to get out as early as possible.
    I'll be in Naas at the cinema at 11:00.

Yep that's good, wear a pair of boxers on your helmet so we know its you

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Can't make tomorrow lads.
    Stay safe.

P.S I hope that blonde one with the big tits is out again . . .

He was great crack !!

Beautiful morning here lads in the royal county, hope it stays like this......Destination >>>> Ice Cream City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Beautiful morning here lads in the royal county, hope it stays like this......Destination >>>> Ice Cream City

Total misery in the garden county....have to watch the motogp...hope i can stay awake...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Good spin fellas, and no ice cream was bought, feeling let down.

Got a little wet out there today.

You're a total mad bunch. Insane. :eek: But, a lovely ride and totally enjoyed it. Great meeting everyone, even if we did get soaked. Some great roads, and it was a very nice spin. Glad I didn't get lost or hold the group up (too much).

Will I do it again .... errr .... well ..... definitely. :D

For anyone thinking about doing it - it's well worth the effort. Thanks for the welcome ... but ... next time there has to be some ice-cream. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I should have a bike next week at some stage. There better be some ice cream when i finally get out on a spin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Eating a 99 in the rain is the quintessential Irish summer experience. That and being too full of breakfast for ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

goodlad wrote: »
    I should have a bike next week at some stage. There better be some ice cream when i finally get out on a spin again.
    Did the trip to Scotland this weekend fall through?

Ah it just didn't happen. Costs for transport were mad and I wasn't flying over on my own with a pocket full of cash.

Ended up buying a 2006 fz1 that was a cat d because nose cone and right fairing damage.
    Both replaced with oem parts and full receipts etc.... was a bargain at 3400 euro.

goodlad wrote: »
    Ah it just didn't happen. Costs for transport were mad and I wasn't flying over on my own with a pocket full of cash.

Ended up buying a 2006 fz1 that was a cat d because nose cone and right fairing damage.
    Both replaced with oem parts and full receipts etc.... was a bargain at 3400 euro.
    Nice one, if you have the time and patience you're better buying in Ireland with the way sterling is.

Great spin today.
    I'm still digesting the breakfast.

Nice road, lovely Irish weather. All good.

jvan wrote: »
    Nice one, if you have the time and patience you're better buying in Ireland with the way sterling is.

That was bought in sterling. Sure an irish dealer wouldn't take a cent off a bike due to it being a cat d. It's nothing but superficial damage and then repaired.

And if course.... I already have a two brothers exhaust on the way for it... haha

Only an exhaust, you surprise me!!

Ah the small bits of stuff will as always drift in over a few months. But to me an exhaust is needed. The stock one is a disgrace.

Aha! I did also order a bagster tank cover as I can't use my tank bag otherwise

I've always liked those Fz1's but as you say the stock exhaust is shocking. It's definitely a bike that I could see myself owning at some stage in the future.

Great getting out and having the odd stop to get a drink and stretch the legs.

20765175644_cb6625967b.jpg

Until the rain came down.

21199778560_2488a7c9a2.jpg

And then the hardcore Irish bikers did what Irish bikers do well - sheltered in a petrol station.

20765178194_6323018505.jpg

Roll on the next ride.

Will see how I get on with the bike. I know the 2006 which I got has a snatch throttle around 4k revs. It bothers some people and others don't care but it's a known issue and gave me a bit more bargaining power.

Even it's I went and got a 2007 or newer I would always end up getting the ecu flashed and a custom map anyway because I like to do that with my bikes. So that also ends up a non issue for me either.

Will be nice having straight bars again because I can slap on some muffs when the temp drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Great machines lads. Whats Sean riding now? I was 5 mins from home when I got caught in a downpour myself:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Just in the door now! Another good spin, had a good laugh thanks lads!

In classic form, the sun came out once I got home, so went straight back out, think I spotted zubair and blu in clane again.

Cracking day, despite the auld rain. Cheers everyone.

Great spin nothing wrong with a nice spin in the rain every now and again, hopefully lads will be out again as no one was left behind and all treated equal (even the posh Beemer dudes) Breakfast was gas, but old lad taking orders nearly had a heart attack, but in fairness they only opened last week so prolly finding there feet.

Stay safe lads.

Breakfast was gas, but old lad taking orders nearly had a heart attack, but in fairness they only opened last week so prolly finding there feet.

The lady told me (and also Blue, I think) that the next time we planned to drop by we should call her in advance :D

Breakfast was great nonetheless even if I had to insist to get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Plopli wrote: »
    The lady told me (and also Blue, I think) that the next time we planned to drop by we should call her in advance :D

Breakfast was great nonetheless even if I had to insist to get mine.

yeah that was me beside you :)

BTW....

where__s_my_ice_cream__by_rockyjob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

gerrowadat wrote: »
    In classic form, the sun came out once I got home, so went straight back out, think I spotted zubair and blu in clane again.

Cracking day, despite the auld rain. Cheers everyone.

We thought that was you... But on a ninja... Wtf?! How many bikes you got?!

zubair wrote: »
    We thought that was you... But on a ninja... Wtf?! How many bikes you got?!

Ah yeah, swapped the diversion for it a while back. Jury's still out on the ninja itself but it's a bit of craic to be on a small bike you can throw around on dryish roads after a day getting pissed on riding the GS.

But 2 is me limit. Yep. Definitely.

Caught a couple of minutes yesterday: https://youtu.be/ppTZTJ4Lzmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Caught a couple of minutes yesterday: https://youtu.be/ppTZTJ4Lzmo

''Fcuk off, Fcuk directly off'' Lol never heard that one before. I recognised some of the roads. Havent been out since last summer :(

Advertisement