Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Was a good spin!!!

Nice 2 meet you jelly belly,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That fella in his 1 piece and race bike is bonkers, great vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Nice meeting you jelly belly. Hopefully see you out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone out tomorrow? Deffo gonna get out for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

goodlad wrote: »
    Anyone out tomorrow? Deffo gonna get out for a few hours

Is anyone down in Baltinglass tomorrow for a spin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Goodlad few of us out, meeting at 12:30 in Kilcock. Avacado boy doesnt know yet if he allowed out yet maybe he can do the weekly shop on the spin to gain access to the buy.

beefjerky wrote: »
    Is anyone down in Baltinglass tomorrow for a spin?

Doubt we be heading around there mate but might be around blessington or the like....

Sound man. Not sure I will get there for 12:30 but will give you a text and see what direction you are heading if I can't make it on time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Charity toy run for the kids in Tallaght Hospital is on Sunday 6th December.

Meeting at Texaco Spawell N81 just off M50 at 11:30am

Rideout to Hilton Hotel/Eurospar at Northern Cross for tea and then ride back to Tallaght Hospital to give the toys to the kids.

Hospital Staff will be on hand with tea and sambos when the bikers artive.

Please buy a kids toy to the value of 15 euro and wrap it and bring it with you.Mark whether its for a boy or a girl.

This is a very worthy cause for the children stuck in hospital at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Anyone heading out on Sunday?

Hoping to get the new bike out, haven't used it much as I wanted a bit of better weather to get used to it....

Tomorrow looking like a wash out but hopefully Sunday will be a bit better...

• Advertisement

Belter of a day today for a spin.
    Malahide,Portmarnock,then the coast road on out to Sutton and then into Howth.

Saw a few other bikers at Sands Hotel who gave me a nod and a flash,I duely returned the nod n flash.
    Also met Makikomi on Howth Pier.Had a good long chat with him.
    Nice to meet you and have a propper chat with you,:)

20160103_155636_zpscgxmlekh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Also met Makikomi on Howth Pier.Had a good long chat with him.
    Nice to meet you and have a propper chat with you,:)

It was only when we parted that I thought we missed a photo op!..

So here's my machine on the same pier!..

373608.jpg

And I think its worth while including Portmarnock beach looking over towards Howth.

373610.jpg

Oh, sorry about the lyric budgie smugglers!.

It was only when we parted that I thought we missed a photo op!..

So here's my machine on the same pier!..

373608.jpg

And I think its worth while including Portmarnock beach looking over towards Howth.

373610.jpg

Oh, sorry about the lyric budgie smugglers!.

Lovely pics,and sorry for keeping you from your good woman when she rang you..;):)

Was only saying to Wonda and the lads that we need to organise a spin soon. Lets try and sort a decent spin this month before we all hang ourselves :p

Bike is sitting up for 2 months now. Gave it a once over last weekend and checked the chain for tight spots. All good, but by jebus it was a bastard to start it. Eventually got it going and it stayed running. I think it just needs a good blast at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bike is sitting up for 2 months now.

And I thought I was a fair weather biker. :eek: I was out on mine over Christmas and also yesterday. Beautiful weather for it.

The weather is only a small part of it tbh man. Using my bike to commute would actually make my commute longer since i work so close to home :P

So Monday to Friday the bike just sits there. And at the weekends im busy with the 4 kids and Family stuff. So there is no time for random drives.
    Time to myself for a spin on the bike is a thing of the past! hahaha! Maybe in another 15 years I will have free time :D

I just get out whenever i can. Which isnt very often

The weather is only a small part of it tbh man. Using my bike to commute would actually make my commute longer since i work so close to home :P

So Monday to Friday the bike just sits there. And at the weekends im busy with the 4 kids and Family stuff. So there is no time for random drives.
    Time to myself for a spin on the bike is a thing of the past! hahaha! Maybe in another 15 years I will have free time :D

Eh sorry honey,boss called me in to do some overtime this Saturday.Cant say no to him or he will sack me.
    Its only for a few hours,should be back home about 2ish.;):pac::D

Thats your que to get out on that machine on the Saturday morning and let loose on it.:D

She would instantly call my bluff and hand me the car keys! hahahaha

She would instantly call my bluff and hand me the car keys! hahahaha

Let the air out of the tyre the night before or pull the ignition fuse from the fuse box..;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bike is sitting up for 2 months now. Gave it a once over last weekend and checked the chain for tight spots. All good, but by jebus it was a bastard to start it. Eventually got it going and it stayed running. I think it just needs a good blast at this stage

And my ducati started within about 2 seconds of pressing the button after about 6 weeks of non use! To be fair, got a decent battery in it last year.

Similar boat to me. 2 young kids, weekends are for family so hard to take the bike. Need to drop off kids on the way to work, so rules out commuting.
    You need to be imaginative. In the summer, go in the evening, it's bright till 10. Take it to work if the weather is decent and take the scenic route home. If it's good weather, I'll drop the kids off, come home and take the bike into work. If your work is flexible, leave an hour early. Or plan ahead and take a half day. I work on flexitime, so handy for me, and I can cancel at short notice, so if the weather is shít, i just cancel.
    Used the bike on christmas eve to do some last minute shopping, and sometimes I use it to go into town to get takeaway food somewhere nice.
    If you do ATGATT it can be more awkward to nip out for a quick spin, but i usually just do gloves, lid and jacket.

My problem is that since I got a car, (about 2 years ago after about 14 with nothing but a bike) i can't be bothered with the bike in wet weather anymore. And it's been shít the last couple of months.

Anyone for a midweek spin after work?
    Hopefully weather will get better soon and also with the days getting longer bit by bit.:)

Had a quick lap of the airport on me way home today.

20160106_142932_zps2lfdglzb.jpg

20160106_143252_zpsglbm23ce.jpg

20160106_143808_zpsinjwyv9g.jpg

Should be out tomorrow. Anyone else heading out?

I'll meet up with you goodlad but won't be out till after 12. Waiting to hear what wonda and noels plan is.

That suits me grand dude. Means i can get stuff done before heading out

Yeah just fitted all new pads and cleaned calipers and the floaters on discs etc....SHOULD be out tomorrow too. After 12 suits me too.....

If anyone else is interested you're more than welcome. Will be around the Naas area.

Meeting up in newbridge for 12 then off to kilcock for 12:30.
    Not sure where then.... if anyone else is coming just post here

As always, great spin and great craic!

• Advertisement

As always, great spin and great craic!

24187190512_e14fdbe8e9_c.jpg

Advertisement