Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

zubair wrote: »
    As always, great spin and great craic!

CRkF55

I needed that spin, great craic on the way home too lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had to keep opening my visor to see. The low sun glaring off it was blinding.
    Couldn't see **** ahead of me on the way home. Took a glance behind me and see Blu standing up on the pegs to see ahead them zzzoooooommmmmmm!! hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Blu ya bllx! Ya did that to me too haha

zubair wrote: »
    Blu ya bllx! Ya did that to me too haha

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: I laughed all the way home, I saw a little jump lol

Not happy at all with the tyres on the bike after today. With 2 months off the bike i was doing my best to relax into it again and had the back tyre slip a few times which is weird because they are good tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Looked like a good turnout... Did you head north east?

Was out earlier and went to baltinglass. There was a bit of snow on the roads from Hollywood onwards

Pic of the vfr - needs a good clean now !

Hope to get out on a spin soon

Deffo the best vfr color. Although i thought you had a blackbird.
    I actually test drove that exact vfr a few months ago

goodlad wrote: »
    Deffo the best vfr color. Although i thought you had a blackbird.
    I actually test drove that exact vfr a while ago

Na I had a fazer and was looking at blackbirds but picked up the vfr a couple of months ago. Always liked the look of them

I lowered the footpegs on it and it has improved it a lot for me ... might consider raising the bars..

Although it will be a new set of tyres first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well in fairness it was greasy out today Gary so even a tad too much throttle and its gonna kick

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well in fairness it was greasy out today Gary so even a tad too much throttle and its gonna kick

True, could smell diesel at parts as well.

• Advertisement

That could of just been the smell coming from my exhaust with the baffle out... haha

Bike looks great Kodak, great colour bike and the wheels finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sorry I missed it. I went for a nice spin, but didn't feel up to keeping pace with you boys. :D Great day for the bike though. Saw a good few bikes on the roads today.

I don't blame you man. They were all hooligans today :eek:

I don't blame you man. They were all hooligans today :eek:

Haha!

Seriously though Paul feel free to come out with us. As you already know, no man is left behind and we're not all tearing up the tarmac, we were all taking it easy yesterday.

*Puts lid under arm* ..... Well Zubair, i think you will find we were caining it yesterday! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Sunday Spin, Cork and Kerry. (A change from all those "Wicklow spin" posts!)

I'm heading west from Cork on Sunday - with a flexible plan and route:
    Cork to Inghegeela, maybe via Iniscarra
    Ceim an Fhia or Butter Road
    Sheep's Head or Healy Pass
    Lunch: Bantry or Kenmare
    Priest's Leap or Borlin - if the sun is shining.
    Return via Kilgarvan;Coolea or Kealkil; Crookstown.

If anyone would like to join me - for some or all of the ride - I propose a 9.30am departure from Amber Station, Bandon Rd/South Link. But PM me in case I'm too keen to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sunday Spin, Cork and Kerry. (A change from all those "Wicklow spin" posts!)

I'm heading west from Cork on Sunday - with a flexible plan and route:
    Cork to Inghegeela, maybe via Iniscarra
    Ceim an Fhia or Butter Road
    Sheep's Head or Healy Pass
    Lunch: Bantry or Kenmare
    Priest's Leap or Borlin - if the sun is shining.
    Return via Kilgarvan;Coolea or Kealkil; Crookstown.

If anyone would like to join me - for some or all of the ride - I propose a 9.30am departure from Amber Station, Bandon Rd/South Link. But PM me in case I'm too keen to wait!

Plan on going down soon, are Bed n Breakfasts handy enough at this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Plan on going down soon, are Bed n Breakfasts handy enough at this time of year?

More B&Bs than you can shake a stick at! Some might still be closed but that should change in the next week or so I expect. Some of the large hotel often have good deals on 2 or 3 night stays with half/full board. Have a look in the classified pages at the back of The Examiner or Times.
    Let me know when a plan comes together. I could join you for a day. Always keen to find an excuse to visit W Cork and Kerry.

Monday spin?!

• Advertisement

050e69167c195d1399336bd61034acd14c26d4-wm.jpg

Good stuff!

Anyone else interested in meeting up? Lots of new names and new wheels on here we haven't met yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've just spent the last few days down south so I don't wish to travel too far again.. Anyone heading out around Dublin this weekend?.

I'm free today and Monday, my son is doing his IBT Saturday and Sunday so I'll be a bag of nerves those days lol.

Ah sure Kildare is only down the road from you.
    'mon down this way. Be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ah sure Kildare is only down the road from you.
    'mon down this way. Be grand!

Honestly I can't. I work down in The Curragh most days and another spin down that way is the last thing I want to do this weekend, sorry :o

Looks like its going to be a meeting point yet to be decided but the general route is going to be the N81 to Tullow and then get some food somewhere and who the fook knows after that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Other plans, otherwise I'd be out monday. Up around howth head today doing a few bits, great to see a lot more bikes out.

Looks like its just going to be the cool kidz out this time :cool:

Looks like its going to be a meeting point yet to be decided but the general route is going to be the N81 to Tullow and then get some food somewhere and who the fook knows after that

Is the spin on for Monday or tomorrow? Any time yet?
    Might get out for a couple of hours on Monday - got a new set of tires on the VFR - so ready to roll! :cool:

• Advertisement

Monday. No time yet. Just waiting to see who is coming first

Advertisement