Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Anyone out tomorrow or Monday?

think this thread is slowly dying, sad to see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yup, it died a long time ago dude. Although there isnt really a lot of active users on this forum. Even when zascar asked about a big meetup the idea went nowhere. I will be heading out with Zubair tomorrow and Blu may be along too. But i think were miles away from you. Were in Kildare and probably heading towards carlow. Your of course more than welcome if your want to come this way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will be out if I can get this ****in head cold under control....I let you know guys.

I'm probably going to go out tomorrow now, underestimated the amount of beer that needed to be drank last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

goodlad wrote: »
    Yup, it died a long time ago dude. I will be heading out with Zubair tomorrow and Blu may be along too. But i think were miles away from you. Were in Kildare and probably heading towards carlow.

People are free to go wherever they want of course, but speaking only for myself but the majority of times I checked the thread it was Kildare/Carlow. So I stopped checking.

Getting down there on the Vstrom wouldn't be too expensive but when I had that gas guzzling BMW cunt of a bike that spin would have cost me more than one weeks commute fuel!.

People are free to go wherever they want of course, but speaking only for myself but the majority of times I checked the thread it was Kildare/Carlow. So I stopped checking.

Getting down there on the Vstrom wouldn't be too expensive but when I had that gas guzzling BMW cunt of a bike that spin would have cost me more than one weeks commute fuel!.

Yup, find that myself but happy enough to take a spin down to meet up with people I know rather than go solo, not much activity on the north side lately so have been mostly heading out solo, it's ok now and then but biking is a social activity, much prefer a small group spin than a solo one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The_Chap wrote: »
    Yup, find that myself but happy enough to take a spin down to meet up with people I know rather than go solo, not much activity on the north side lately so have been mostly heading out solo, it's ok now and then but biking is a social activity, much prefer a small group spin than a solo one

I ride with enough lads up this way so I'm not stuck, and solo isn't too bad sometimes either. But every once in awhile I wouldn't mind doing something a little different.

Spent the day working in the garden and the shed so didnt get out.
    Probably gonna head out somewhere tomorrow. Solo if i must but will see who else is heading out

Spent the day working in the garden and the shed so didnt get out.
    Probably gonna head out somewhere tomorrow. Solo if i must but will see who else is heading out

I'm deffo out tomorrow, don't care where but I'm off out

• Advertisement

Just seen there is really heavy thunder storms on the way for tomorrow. Although its still gonna be roasting so gear will probs dry fairly quick.

Just slapped 30gb of music onto my satnav and charged up my lid speakers so all sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was out for a spin today. Perfect weather for it. Opened up the vents on the suit and was even a little cold at times. :D

Saw a good few bikers out. 4 or 5 bikes stopped in Ardee, looked like they were in having a spot of lunch.

Anyway, I may not be out tomorrow, depending on those thunder storms and rain. :eek:

Just seen there is really heavy thunder storms on the way for tomorrow. Although its still gonna be roasting so gear will probs dry fairly quick.

Just slapped 30gb of music onto my satnav and charged up my lid speakers so all sorted

What time are you headed out, I'll meet up if you're out early?

If im heading out it will probs be around 12. Wont know for sure till the morning though. Waiting to hear back from zubair still

Perfect for me I can head down whenever suits

Doesnt look like anyone else is heading out man. Just gonna knock it on the head and get some stuff around the house done

Doesnt look like anyone else is heading out man. Just gonna knock it on the head and get some stuff around the house done

Ok man thanks for letting me know, another time eh

Yeah dude. I gotta have the day ahead of me planned usually. Where as i always find a lot of people dont commit to going for a spin until the day of the spin. I cant really do things that way. Even if now 3 people were heading ive made other plans now with the kids. Can really keep a day free and be stuck waiting to hear from people

Yeah dude. I gotta have the day ahead of me planned usually. Where as i always find a lot of people dont commit to going for a spin until the day of the spin. I cant really do things that way. Even if now 3 people were heading ive made other plans now with the kids. Can really keep a day free and be stuck waiting to hear from people

Same here dude, in the same situation, no need to apologise for having family time I mostly choose that over the bike now anyway, I used to be able to get out at the drop of a hat but as you say days are usually planned so I need to know what I'm doing in advance

Thats it man. Its a pain in the balls tbh. Not really into going for solo spins and dont commute on the bike so it tends just just sit there and not get used.

I remember the days whwn lookbehindyou and wonda used to organise a lot of the spins. Was practically a guarantee there was a few people out every sunday.

• Advertisement

Ditto, I work from home and when I do go to see clients I need the car so the bike is just a toy for me these days that doesn't get played with enough haha
    Those regular spins were great as you could just tip up and guarantee someone would be out at the meet up time

Thats it man. Its a pain in the balls tbh. Not really into going for solo spins and dont commute on the bike so it tends just just sit there and not get used.

I remember the days whwn lookbehindyou and wonda used to organise a lot of the spins. Was practically a guarantee there was a few people out every sunday.

Ahhhh the good oul times......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Those showers are making the roads very greasy, take it handy guys.

Hello Zombie thread....

Meeting in Naas tomorrow at 10am and will be going kilcock, trim, kells, ardee and back. Stopping somewhere along for food.

As usual, anyone and everyone welcome whether you are a learner or on bikes years doesnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

I can't make it tomorrow but do plan on doing a boards spin again so cheers for posting

Hello Zombie thread....

Meeting in Naas tomorrow at 10am and will be going kilcock, trim, kells, ardee and back. Stopping somewhere along for food.

As usual, anyone and everyone welcome whether you are a learner or on bikes years doesnt matter.

Any idea what time you'll be in trim?

Well I got out for an hour, bikes running rough low down so a service is in order I think

Anyone out tomorrow, nothing really planned just a nice spin to clear the cobwebs. More then likely heading southish around wicklow and the like....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Anyone out tomorrow, nothing really planned just a nice spin to clear the cobwebs. More then likely heading southish around wicklow and the like....

If your out around Wicklow let us no
    Jvan and myself will be out tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've nothing planned for tomorrow, so a spin sounds good. Just say where to meet up. I could use a good spin. Just got a valet done today on it, plus filled the tank. :D

Advertisement