Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

small world one of the ktm lads dad owns the bike repairs place that the blue sv guy bought his bike from or else his previous bike or something like that I think. one of the others has a s1000rr as well

thats a trip id like to do seems to be very popular now

was it blue sv guy you met or the 03 silver, was almost meeting blue sv at faugheen but didn't in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

small world one of the ktm lads dad owns the bike repairs place that the blue sv guy bought his bike from or else his previous bike or something like that I think. one of the others has a s1000rr as well

thats a trip id like to do seems to be very popular now

was it blue sv guy you met or the 03 silver, was almost meeting blue sv at faugheen but didn't in the end
    I met the lad that has the silver sv, whom I never met before,but when I met him, I knew who he was! If ya get me :pac:
    I'd also know the father of the lad on the KTM with the bike shop very well.

that guy works in dublin I think and so has put something like 15,000 miles on his sv in the last 4/5 months.... or maybe I heard him wrong but the bike has nearly 60k miles now and is still going fine

I'll have to go up for one of those meets in tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Where and whens around Dublin do you's meet to go for a spin?

I'm sick of going out on me own

Not looking to go out with any Casey Stoner types now, I travel at a moderate pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Hi All.

I'm planning a spin today, Waterford, Cork, Mallow, Clonmel, Kilkenny, Enniscorthy. According to Google maps or about 5.5hrs by car

Any advice on good stops or roads to take along the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi All.

I'm planning a spin today, Waterford, Cork, Mallow, Clonmel, Kilkenny, Enniscorthy. According to Google maps or about 5.5hrs by car

Any advice on good stops or roads to take along the way

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered with the Cork to Mallow bit and wouldn't bother with Cork at all unless you have a reason to go there.
    If you can fit Carrick on Suir to Dungarvan or Clonmel to Dungarvan or vise versa, I'd rather be on those roads any day of the week.
    Pretty good surface for most parts of them,some lovely bends and nicer scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

grahambo wrote: »
    Where and whens around Dublin do you's meet to go for a spin?

I'm sick of going out on me own

Not looking to go out with any Casey Stoner types now, I travel at a moderate pace.
    Same,Grahambo, living on the Nrthside though, a spin for me would be something like, blue light, glendalough, sally gap etc or going northside might be Ballbigan , ardgillan castle skerries donabate portrane and back to glasnevin.

I havent heard of Dub meet ups in a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yiz Dublin types need to get out of the pale, some of the best roads around would be 45 mins from Dublin if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was out for a spin today, but some mad weather.

36102969442_d66ed013dc_z.jpg

Ride safe boys. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Paulw wrote: »

That could be an enlightening experience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

One time I was going south on (one of the few free stretches of) autoroute down to Clermont Ferrand late afternoon when the skies went black, then there was the entertaining light show off in the distance, then the hailstones the size of ping-pong balls started. Even with full leathers on, they hurt! Hit the next exit and found a deserted small town with an abandoned petrol station canopy to hide under for close to an hour until things calmed down. We really don't get extreme weather in Ireland :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Paulw wrote: »

That big empty stretch of road......VROOOOOOOOOOOOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

So so sort of day for it. Nice grub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

You should have went up the town.amazing fishn chip tea bread n butter for a tenner.....;)

You should have went up the town.amazing fishn chip tea bread n butter for a tenner.....;)

Thanks.....tell me where exactly?

Thats not Howth though....lol

Looked like you were on the west pier...soz.....worth a trip out tho..:)

Had a blast down to Laragh,and then out to Skerries today.
    Great day for it.:)

That Benelli is fcuking gorgeous...06 it's cleaner than yours ..:)...sounds amazing too....

• Advertisement

Spin to dingle today for fish and chips picture at the top of the conor pass

432601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

wtf is that thing, gixer frame with 916 wheels and nose fairing?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

wtf is that thing, gixer frame with 916 wheels and nose fairing?

Yep some mad enough yoke has a custom swingarm and ducati tail too

Sally had a windy Gap today.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice! I'm dying to get out for a spin soon - must get something organised. Maybe a boards Spring meetup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Ah lads, was out shopping today with the baby and passed loads of bikes on the road. All i could think was i need to get back on a bike..... first decent day for it and im already jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I haven't been out on bike since End Aug last :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm in the middle of a house move today, but the good weather I was aching to get out on the bike, and my 11 year old daughter wanted to go on it too.

Thankfully we were able to make an excuse to head to Tesco to do some 'shopping'. Managed to stretch it out to an hour long drive for a single packet of bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

The Wickla gap was also a wee bit breezy. Some visibility out today.

• Advertisement

Few of us headed down to cork for the show...mega weather..poor show tho..:(

Advertisement