Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Few of us headed down to cork for the show...mega weather..poor show tho..:(

What was wrong with it? New venue no good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    What was wrong with it? New venue no good?

Stuff in venue not that good.
    10minute look around was enough for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »
    Stuff in venue not that good.
    10minute look around was enough for me anyway.

Oh not good. What show was it ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    Oh not good. What show was it ?

2lbgmbs.jpg

Besides a few nice new BMW's, a Panigale and a few old yokes, not much more to give a second glance at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Never been before but expected it to be a lot better, why?..i've no idea, Pennygala was interesting, maybe just a 1299 with V4 stickers.:p...would liked to have seen the engine tho...
    Stalls were sh1t..basically selling sh1t...mate was looking for new boots and a jacket...not a chance...couldnt even strike a deal with a vendor...a waste of tyres imo.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Pity, the Irish shows don't really stack up. The motorcycle live show in Birmingham is where it's at. Cotters sale in March/ April is good but that's just a sale and not a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

zubair wrote: »
    Pity, the Irish shows don't really stack up. The motorcycle live show in Birmingham is where it's at. Cotters sale in March/ April is good but that's just a sale and not a show.

Black Horse Show up in NI there a few weeks back was good.
    Well organised too,.

442941.jpg

442942.jpg

Never been before but expected it to be a lot better, why?..i've no idea, Pennygala was interesting, maybe just a 1299 with V4 stickers.:p...would liked to have seen the engine tho...
    Stalls were sh1t..basically selling sh1t...mate was looking for new boots and a jacket...not a chance...couldnt even strike a deal with a vendor...a waste of tyres imo.....:o

Sounds more like Fairyhouse Market so.:pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Besides a few nice new BMW's, a Panigale and a few old yokes, not much more to give a second glance at.

Oi, those "old yokes" are your motorcycling heritage ya know! Some respect please for an interesting bunch of retro Jap bikes and british iron. (No, none of them was mine.)

As well as that Ducati and the BMW range .. a large range of Harleys from Waterford, Goldwings incl trikes, the odd race bike and custom, some off-road gear, lots of jumble (who doesn't like jumble!), training, track-day and travel companies, John McGuinness posing for photos, no end of tyre kicking - and a few Rory Gallagher tracks to finish off the day.
    Okay, the NEC it wasn't, and it was cramped but hey, out in the provinces, what can you do but like it or lump it.

Oi, those "old yokes" are your motorcycling heritage ya know! Some respect please

Respect is earned and I said besides a few old yokes there wasn't much more.
    What wrong with calling them old yokes?
    Shur I posted a pic of an old yoke I had the other day.
    For all its faults I'd have it back in a heartbeat!

• Advertisement

Sounds more like Fairyhouse Market so.:pac::P

Now that you mention it i think i saw a guy selling those "fairy doors"...struth...:rolleyes:

Plus points...easy to get to..plenty of parking,
    Minus point....the show..:o

Respect is earned and I said besides a few old yokes there wasn't much more.
    What wrong with calling them old yokes?
    Shur I posted a pic of an old yoke I had the other day.
    For all its faults I'd have it back in a heartbeat!

And nostalgia is a good substitute if it's hard to muster any respect for a particular bike/model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

And nostalgia is a good substitute if it's hard to muster any respect for a particular bike/model.

Sounds like the show was just a load of **** then ,I wouldn't be too pleased to trek into a "show" to see a few old bikes unless they we're worldies

On "old yokes", there was a nice stock 350 lc on display....it looked like it hadnt been washed since 1980...come on lad...:mad:

On "old yokes", there was a nice stock 350 lc on display....it looked like it hadnt been washed since 1980...come on lad...:mad:
    Maybe the same one I was admiring. He'd probably ridden it to the show. Respect!
    That's a good example of an iconic model that conjures respect and nostalgia.

Maybe the same one I was admiring. He'd probably ridden it to the show. Respect!
    That's a good example of an iconic model that conjures respect and nostalgia.

Probably..but it hasnt rained for days.....:pac:

Was there another one..?...or maybe one of Collie's overpriced buckets out the back....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

anyone out tomorrow? ðŸ˜

Zipppy wrote: »
    anyone out tomorrow? ðŸ˜

Surely all the "adventure" riders will be out, sure arent Costa open again..........:P

Anyone out today? Snow gone ?

This was my "Sunday Spin" today.

Wheelie good time today too.:D

445319.jpg

445318.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Was down to Tullow and around a few places today, plenty of snow beside the roads and in fields but the roads themselves were grand. Didn't go over the gap but judging by nearby roads I would have thought it was grand.

I'm going to wait until next weekend to take my bike out again. Hopefully all the salt and grit will be well washed away by then.

I'm going to wait until next weekend to take my bike out again. Hopefully all the salt and grit will be well washed away by then.

..especially with all the rain lately....:(

weather looking good for this weekend.......

Mondello Masters on this weekend.
    Stunt show too.

Mondello Masters on this weekend.
    Stunt show too.

I was talking to my missus about this and suggested going and taking our dog. He loves bikes !! :D

She mentioned that Mondello dont allow dogs , is this true ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I was talking to my missus about this and suggested going and taking our dog. He loves bikes !! :D

She mentioned that Mondello dont allow dogs , is this true ??

Quick google threw this up -
    https://twitter.com/mondello_park/status/775789988965445632

I reckon its for safety in case a loose dog ended up on track more than anything.

GBX wrote: »
    Quick google threw this up -
    https://twitter.com/mondello_park/status/775789988965445632

I reckon its for safety in case a loose dog ended up on track more than anything.

I'll have to break it to him gently so :o

Same as no children allowed in pit lane.

The dog thing is for safety purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'll have to break it to him gently so :o

It's probably for the best ... if he likes the racing too much .. its gonna cost you a fortune getting him on track: gear, new tyres, race fairings etc :pac::D

Advertisement