Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

zubair wrote: »
    I'll have to eat my words. Ended up out by glendalough and roundwood today. Good spin but lots of Sunday drivers out.

went over it around midday, was a nice spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goblin59 wrote: »
    went over it around midday, was a nice spin.

Lots of nice cars and bikes about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done the Mourne Coastal route today, epic spin alround. Even took the ferry across on the way home.....loads of bikes up at carlingford. Couple of wanna be klowns on small bikes proving they are well 'ard....overtaking in the most stupid of places with not a bit of gear on them. Must of spent all the money on the 20 yr old blade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Whats that wanda? Which way did you go? I've gone along the Antrim coast which was spectacular, same type of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Done the Mourne Coastal route today, epic spin alround. Even took the ferry across on the way home.....loads of bikes up at carlingford. Couple of wanna be klowns on small bikes proving they are well 'ard....overtaking in the most stupid of places with not a bit of gear on them. Must of spent all the money on the 20 yr old blade!

Did Jenkinstown to Omeath a few weeks ago, absolutely cracking wee spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20200830-224230.jpg
    Considerably richer than yow on your old fireblade.
    Haha , let them on.

Whats that wanda? Which way did you go? I've gone along the Antrim coast which was spectacular, same type of thing?

I did Kells up the N52 to Ardee, left into Carrmacross and over to Castleblayney. Down by Loch Ross and onto Hill of Faughart, up past Slieve Gullion National Park and around the far point Carlingford Lough (Eastern Side/NI). Taking in Rosstrevor and Kilowen and across on the ferry (€9) and into Carlingford for a cup of Darjeeling and a scone with some shantilly cream.

Home via Blackrock Cove and Castlebellingham.

@spiggo

Id have said the same thing on my other 10/15yr old bikes....some absolute numpties, especially when there is an audience of other bikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

I did Kells up the N52 to Ardee, left into Carrmacross and over to Castleblayney. Down by Loch Ross and onto Hill of Faughart, up past Slieve Gullion National Park and around the far point Carlingford Lough (Eastern Side/NI). Taking in Rosstrevor and Kilowen and across on the ferry (€9) and into Carlingford for a cup of Darjeeling and a scone with some shantilly cream.

Home via Blackrock Cove and Castlebellingham.

@spiggo

Id have said the same thing on my other 10/15yr old bikes....some absolute numpties, especially when there is an audience of other bikers.

Oh I know, there seemed to be an extra dollop of 'look at me I'm so fast'
    W*nkers about today.
    Couple more years and that old blade will worth more than the beemer lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I'll have to eat my words. Ended up out by glendalough and roundwood today. Good spin but lots of Sunday drivers out.
    Was up the Gap earlier in the day about 9:30 or so out to Valleymount and back to Wicklow via Rathdrum
    Lots of bikes out n about
    Big group in the car park of Wicklow Heather in Laragh was going to Stop but thought they might tell me to fook off as Im only a Learner
    J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Was up the Gap earlier in the day about 9:30 or so out to Valleymount and back to Wicklow via Rathdrum
    Big group in the car park of Wicklow Heather in Laragh was going to Stop but thought they might tell me to fook off as Im only a Learner
    J
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=524853&stc=1&d=1598858049

Highly unlikely.

As my mate told me when I started off, "It doesn't matter what ya ride, as long as ya ride."

He was probably on about bikes. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He was probably on about bikes.

But if yea put a woman on the back of your bike, you just might be covering all options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Highly unlikely.

As my mate told me when I started off, "It doesn't matter what ya ride, as long as ya ride."

He was probably on about bikes. :pac:

Dad said the same thing to me, but he added so long as it wasn't a moped to the end of that statement

J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg

Did you pick up the photo rally point while you were out there.

Funny, I'd say we all have snaps of our bikes on that bridge.

Also, just post here if you're looking for a group. Now you were out earlier than we were yesterday but you'd be welcome to join us. That goes for everyone... except for Wonda of course, unless he buys the ice creams... then he can come. (*bracing myself for the comeback)

Did you pick up the photo rally point while you were out there.

Funny, I'd say we all have snaps of our bikes on that bridge.

Also, just post here if you're looking for a group. Now you were out earlier than we were yesterday but you'd be welcome to join us. That goes for everyone... except for Wonda of course, unless he buys the ice creams... then he can come.
    It is such a fab spot
    I would of course be interested in meeting up just could not do it a 1pm yesterday as the wife had made plans otherwise I would have taken a spin out to meet up
    Thanks
    J

If you want my comeback......you will have to wipe it off ur ma's chin!!!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg
    Wouldn't be mad anxious to hook up with a group of lads over the gap who I don't know never mind being a learner lol.
    Take your time to build your skills before potentially going that 10% quicker than your self preservation tells you to but yer ego commands you to when riding with a faster bunch. Doesn't happen to us all but I've been there at the start.
    Dig the bike BTW!

If you want my comeback......you will have to wipe it off ur ma's chin!!!!!

:p

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there, slip down the road to Lynhams...better group of lads in there....everyone welcome...even Hardleys....:p

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there,
    Is that part of the initiation ritual :-)
    if so I might scoot past so thanks for the heads up
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Dam, reading here I though to share my one and only ride out.... It was early on in my motorbike experience, while the lads were sound, there were few who just made you feel like you are slowing the group down.

It made me go beyond my comfort level and ended up in a huge error, thankfully no oncoming traffic so it was fine but could have ended up quite badly.

After that I never joined one again.

I used to be bike commuter so commute gave me enough on the bike that I did not see mad need to do it again.

Now as the pandemic hit and not commuting any more I find myself wanting to get out on the bike again, but now I do it on my own at my pace.

The only issue is I don't really know the good places to go.

And lastly, the my bike is bigger than yours and mine can do faster plus I have better leathers was quite off-putting.

• Advertisement

Not exaclty promoting group spins there.

My experience has been the complete opposite and I prefer spins with a few mates, some are slower and some are faster, no one is left behind and no one would ever be pushed to ride outside of their comfort zone. I've learned more from the 100s of hours riding in a group than the 10s of 1000s of solo miles I've done.

You just picked the wrong group.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there, slip down the road to Lynhams...better group of lads in there....everyone welcome...even Hardleys....:p

Funny you say this actually.

I ended up there yesterday for a (really ****ty) coffee on the way back from a spot up the road. Now I was in my jeep with the other half and noticed about 15 bikes. Nice group of lads mid twenties to 40s I'd reckon.

Well the absolute ****ing shiote I heard. Lads comparing gixxers and r6 and this had 22 more bhp and better for the road blah blah.. another lad on a s1000rr must of gotten a one off carbed version as he spent more time revving it to make sure she didn't stall. I was also highly amazed by knee sliders on his leathers having wear marks all round as opposed to lined out.. maybe he has rotary hips or something or an orbital sander fight in home.

I don't think I'm missing much down the back hills of west cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Not exaclty promoting group spins there.

I've learned more from the 100s of hours riding in a group than the 10s of 1000s of solo miles I've done.

You just picked the wrong group.

Hey Zubair, the intention was not to tell people not to do it as I fully agree with what you said above. In fact I would think it would also make it quite enjoyable, my intention was to highlight the problem that some don't realise it's there.

I would love the opportunity to join next planned ride out in group who are not road racers and who don't mind slower paced riders coming along, providing location /day suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

So does anybody still go out,or is this thread now a dead duck??
    More excitement in a morgue,than in here these days.....lol.

534001.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=534002&stc=1&d=1606209938

So does anybody still go out,or is this thread now a dead duck??
    More excitement in a morgue,than in here these days.....lol.

534001.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=534002&stc=1&d=1606209938

Well the weather, it has rained a lot of late. Temps are dipping too...

Oh and theres that lockdown thing, nearly forgot it so I did.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Well the weather, it has rained a lot of late. Temps are dipping too...

Oh and theres that lockdown thing, nearly forgot it so I did.

Lame excuses.....sure that's typical irish weather.
    Safer on a bike spinning than standing in a queue in Lidl or Tesco for food,with coughing n sputtering aulfellas and aulwans.

Grand day for it too.....

534026.jpg

Lame excuses.....sure that's typical irish weather.
    Safer on a bike spinning than standing in a queue in Lidl or Tesco for food,with coughing n sputtering aulfellas and aulwans.

Nah I don't like riding in the rain, spent long enough having to do it. Kinda past caring if that doesn't measure up to some kinda standard either:)
    Means I don't have to clean the bikes as often. Mind you, I'm not as bad as I once was on that front
    IMG-20201116-194423.jpg

H_Lime wrote: »
    Nah I don't like riding in the rain, spent long enough having to do it. Kinda past caring if that doesn't measure up to some kinda standard either:)
    Means I don't have to clean the bikes as often. Mind you, I'm not as bad as I once was on that front
    IMG-20201116-194423.jpg

I dont do standards and all that horsesh!t
    I just do biking regardless of who says what.
    Great to be out on the bike,regardless of what the weather is doing.....:D

• Advertisement

Ye, it's just good being on the bike. I wouldn't just go for a spin needlessly if it was p'ing rain but if I have somewhere to be and its raining, windy etc. I'll take the bike over the car anytime. I don't know if anyone ever watched comedians in cars getting coffee on Netflix. Jerry Seinfeld tells a story about when he was young; it was lashing rain and he was talking to biker; he asked the biker, "do you wish you were in a car?" and the biker replied, "no, I just wish it wasn't raining!". Once we get out of this lockdown, whatever the weather, I'll be out the next Sunday.

Advertisement