Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Zero degrees,ice and freezing fog too.
    Over 200 hardy male n female bikers earlier today.

None of this "oh it's too cold to go out on my bike" bolloxoligy.....lol.

535399.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

None of this "oh it's too cold to go out on my bike" bolloxoligy.....lol.
    Sounds like "standard's and a that bollixology" :pac:

Looks a good turn out, no doubt a good cause.

:pac:
    H_Lime wrote: »
    Sounds like "standard's and a that bollixology" :pac:

Looks a good turn out, no doubt a good cause.
    Great turnout indeed, and for 2 great causes too.
    Lots of selection boxes delivered aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Too cold ������

2shea wrote: »
    Too cold ������

Zero degrees,ice and fog
    Was actually nice out.
    And it was for 2 good causes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Zero degrees,ice and fog
    Was actually nice out.
    And it was for 2 good causes too.

I'll ride in anything except Ice/snow on the road.

Crisp cold days are the nicest conditions by far to be out on the bike.

As the saying goes there is no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothing/gear

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Spent 5 years commuting by bike (no car) in all weathers and promised myself wouldnt ever drive in icy conditions. Had to do it many times and arrived at my destination with icicles hanging off my nose (only a minor exaggeration!). Yesterday was first Sunday in a while I was deterred by the conditions. -2 out my way and roads icy a f . If im a fair weather biker, so be it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great to see charities being supported - especially in the year its been. But no point in lads risking dropping their bikes a few feet from their house. No shame in missing a run if its icy/frosty underfoot. There are other ways to support runs if you can't get out on the bike.

GBX wrote: »
    Great to see charities being supported - especially in the year its been. But no point in lads risking dropping their bikes a few feet from their house. No shame in missing a run if its icy/frosty underfoot. There are other ways to support runs if you can't get out on the bike.

Was only a bit of frost, ice and fog.
    Ah yeah,drop off the selection boxes in the car,come up in the car with the kids and see all the bikers off.
    But we did a ride by for 1 very brave and special little lad who wanted to see all the motorbikes.
    And we did a ride by for the residents in Stewardstown Hospital too.
    Was great craic and a great festive atmosphere too.

Was only a bit of frost, ice and fog.
    Ah yeah,drop off the selection boxes in the car,come up in the car with the kids and see all the bikers off.
    But we did a ride by for 1 very brave and special little lad who wanted to see all the motorbikes.
    And we did a ride by for the residents in Stewardstown Hospital too.
    Was great craic and a great festive atmosphere too.

"Only a bit of ice" that's all it takes for a slide and do a bit of damage to a bike. As I said, great for the charity and the kid. But nobody should be shamed by the bravado of others if they didnt venture out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Many other ways indeed to support charities. I use a monthly direct debit to go to my chosen charities. Doesnt get your mug on social media though...

raven41 wrote: »
    Many other ways indeed to support charities. I use a monthly direct debit to go to my chosen charities. Doesnt get your mug on social media though...

Yeah that seems to be the most important thing for some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

raven41 wrote: »

I wouldn't wrap this gesture up with those attention seeking social media sorts. I know you didn't say it directly but it's in your response all the same. As bikers most of will look for any excuse to get out for spin, that's the way I see it anyway, spin with the lads and it's for a good cause so all the better.

"Only a bit of ice" that's all it takes for a slide and do a bit of damage to a bike. As I said, great for the charity and the kid. But nobody should be shamed by the bravado of others if they didnt venture out.

Ah here,will you stop whinging ffs.
    Lots of folk (who also ride bikes) drove up with their kids in their cars,and dropped off selection boxes at Charlestown yesterday morning.
    People drove on into the Phoenix Park too and cheered all the bikes on as they rode up past Dublin Zoo.
    People chose to drive their cars and to ride their bikes too.
    Nobody is shaming anyone here.

Oh and theres a charity event for the womens refuge on the16th December,you can drop gifts into HD/Triumph Dublin for it.
    Few presents and toys for the women and kids in the refuge.
    Nice day for a spin today,maybe go off on 1 and chill yourself out.
    Happy Monday to you too.

zubair wrote: »
    I wouldn't wrap this gesture up with those attention seeking social media sorts. I know you didn't say it directly but it's in your response all the same. As bikers most of will look for any excuse to get out for spin, that's the way I see it anyway, spin with the lads and it's for a good cause so all the better.

It's called highlighting a charity,a hospital and a good cause,and getting more and more people to attend and make the sick kids smile.
    Heaven forbid we do that at this time of year,and to spread the festive good will to those kids and their families.
    Each year the event gets bigger and better because of the online publicity of it and the willingness of the bikers to do it.

Dont knock it until you try it is what I say.
    Happy Monday to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It's called highlighting a charity and a good cause,and getting more and more people to attend and make the sick kids smile.
    Heaven forbid we do that at this time of year,and to spread the festive good will to those kids and their families.
    Each year the event gets bigger and better because of the online publicity of it and the willingness of the bikers to do it.

Dont knock it until you try it.
    Happy Monday to you.

You might want to check that chip on your shoulder, Zubair was actually BACKING you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It's called highlighting a charity and a good cause,and getting more and more people to attend and make the sick kids smile.

Dont knock it until you try it.
    Happy Monday to you.

Where the fuq are the Curly Wurly's? :mad:

You might want to check that chip on your shoulder, Zubair was actually BACKING you.

No chip and Yes I know hes backing me up,if you read my post carefully again.
    I was generalizing in my post.
    Thankyou for the consideration too.

blade1 wrote: »

3 for a fiver selection boxes in Tesco.
    Bought a heap of them,as did everyone else in Sunday.
    It was hard not to open 1 or 2 of them.....lol.

The aul milkyway boxes are nicest......:pac:

Always nearly choke on them fookers for some reason lol! :pac:

• Advertisement

Pussy!
    I suppose you won't go out in the cold either?! :D

Pussy!
    I suppose you won't go out in the cold either?! :D

Ah here,dont you bleedin start......:pac::p:D

Ah here,dont you bleedin start......:pac::p:D
    Couldn't resist :pac:

I will be bullied into eating curly wirlys!!!
    Besides I don't go in for any of that judgemental horse****! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Breathe through your nose....stops you gagging.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Breathe through your nose....stops you gagging.....:P

Sounds like you're speaking from experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sounds like you're speaking from experience...

Have to keep an eye on her .......:D

Have them on my Tiger. Find them great as well with rain. With the heated grips make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Took my CBX out for a spin with my newly fitted handguards, cant believe the difference it made. My fingers werent completely frozen!

Which hand guards? I use mitts but I hate them. They fold down at motorway speeds and im nervous about them pushing on the front brake.

• Advertisement

Buy yourself a set of handguards off a KTM 690
    Very good protection and cheap as chips too.
    I stuck a set on the 990sm.
    Big difference indeed.

Then buy yourself a set of RST heated gloves.

Advertisement